What I don't like/understand about the PS4

Forgive my utter assimilation (or lack thereof) to the next gen, but it feels to futuristic in my view. Did you see that PS4 commercial? It looks like we've gone into the real world of the year 3000. Flying cars, tall building that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

It depresses me. I miss the N64/PS2 era. What happened to playing some games for enjoyment?

I don't see how that has to do with anything. There are good and bad games with each generation, even so it's subjective in nature.

Again, that's subjective. There are people who are looking forward to what the PS4 has to offer, but I have yet to hear anybody to go as far as suggesting that the PS4 will surpass previous gens.

How about not showing the console itself? If your going to announce a new system, at least show it! Lots of people were seriously bothered by this.

the_sim lol DAT SIG

I can't stop looking at it. Dayum

And yeah, I was actually looking forward to how the console was going to look, since the design of the original PS3 was so ugly, but Sony ****ed us over with that one

All the consoles have failed since the SNES, cause none of them was able to top that, the PS2 came close, but that's it. Why do they even bother making new consoles?

Last edited:
I see no BIG turn-offs for me, as far as the PS4 goes.
The "Share" and "Options" buttons are stupid replacements for the "Select" and "Start" buttons, IMO, but whatever, that's about it really.
As soon as I found out that used games weren't blocked, I was 100% behind the PS4.
That said, I'll probably wait a couple of years until the bugs have been corrected from the first few models (as with ALL next-gen consoles), and will likely hang onto my PS3 for a couple years more.

How about not showing the console itself? If your going to announce a new system, at least show it! Lots of people were seriously bothered by this.

Thats what E3 is for you're clearly delusional if you think Sony was going to show off everything on that day. Also, they released info on the specs to show off what the machine is capable of, so what more do you want? All that needs to be shown is the plastic covering. Its called building hype.

Thats what E3 is for you're clearly delusional if you think Sony was going to show off everything on that day. Also, they released info on the specs to show off what the machine is capable of, so what more do you want? All that needs to be shown is the plastic covering. Its called building hype.

Agreed 100%.
The ball is now in MS court.
Depending on what MS reveals, Sony will reply accordingly.
Console makers are in the game business, and in business you never show your competitor all your secrets.
You reveal some stuff and build hype.