What does E.G. and E.M.P. mean for tournament names???

artofgarduno

Heys guys what do all these initials mean that they put before there names like EMP Tom Brady and EG justin wong?

They are the abbreviations for the teams they play for. E. G. is Evil Geniuses and the other one I forgot.

They are sponsored teams. They pay players to win, flight, hotel..ect. To play video games, thats not too bad eh?

Edit: Theres one specific sponsor thats actually scouting out players for MK. Just a heads up ;)

EG = Evil Geniuses
EMP = Empire Arcadia

They are sponsered players... they sign contracts to play video games for these organizations

How can I get on these teams???

If you're a good competitive player, all you need to do is get recognized. Attend tournaments and start wining. Team Hori just took in 2 or maybe 3 players. Its not as easy as you think, these sponsors are throwing money at you to win tournaments.

So if you're good, attend tournaments, make a name and then get recognized.

If you're a good competitive player, all you need to do is get recognized. Attend tournaments and start wining. Team Hori just took in 2 or maybe 3 players. Its not as easy as you think, these sponsors are throwing money at you to win tournaments.

So if you're good, attend tournaments, make a name and then get recognized.

awesome Ill try and win PDP next week.

awesome Ill try and win PDP next week.

Wish you the best of luck man, represent TRMK. I'll make a thread as the date gets closer so everyone doesnt forget about PDP tournament. Good luck and best of all, have fun. You'll have one hell of an experience.

Wish you the best of luck man, represent TRMK. I'll make a thread as the date gets closer so everyone doesnt forget about PDP tournament. Good luck and best of all, have fun. You'll have one hell of an experience.

I was able to take out OneHandedTerror last night here in vegas. OneHandedTerror is the products manager for PDP. And a SF tournament player.

Very nice, let me know if you need any help to improve your game. Make sure youre 110% ready for PDP, there will be big names there. Check out the links on my sig for starters.

Just some things to check off, make sure you're ready with
-Spacing
-BnB's executed at 100%
-Situational strategy (Corners, mid screen, full screen positioning)
-Character specific match ups against your main.
-Character specific strengths and weaknesses
-Anti Air moves, preferably something other than an uppercut.
-Block strings
-Setups, mixups and/or resets (character specific)

Plenty more but should be a start.

Last edited: