What character+variation will you main?

poptdp

I know the game isn't out yet and your opinions are subject to change once you get your hands on the game. But from what you've seen, which character will you main and which variation looks the most fun?

My main will def be Liu Kang, because favourite character. Variation probably Dragons Fire but depending on after I play the game maybe Dualist.

I'm also REALLY looking forward to playing as Predator as I'm a huge fan. Can't wait to see his gameplay. Could be my 2nd main.

It's better to main a character and all his or her variations, that way you can counter pick easily. I'm probably going to be maining Kitty, Mily, and Sonya with all their variations.

I got into MK because I was a Van Damme fan, so my first favorite was Johnny Cage. Fisticuffs is the first variation I want to try with him.

Then there's Sub-Zero, one of my old favorites. All 3 variations I'd like to try.

And Liu Kang was my third choice. Dragon's Fire and Revenant skin all the way. :)

From the new faces, Takeda's Lasher is the first one I want to play as.

To be honest, Reptile is the only one so far I don't really interested in.

Ermac - Spectral
Shinnok - Imposter
Kung Jin - Bojitsu
Erron Black - Gunslinger
Scorpion - Hellfire
Quan Chi - Sorcerer
Kung Lao - Buzzsaw
Kotal Kahn - Blood God

In MK9, I swore I was gonna main Kung Lao, but when I touched him... yeah... not my style...

From what they have shown us, Shinnok, Ermac, Erron Black and Kano seem to be my candidates. Even though, I am excited for Tanya and Tremor.

Reptile Noxious or Nimble. Both look good and without playing I'm not entirely sure which one I'll main. I'm leaning more towards Noxious.

While the game is at its hight in terms of popularity I'll main Deceptive online. Don't have any 'real life' friends to take advantage of that with.

It's better to main a character and all his or her variations, that way you can counter pick easily. I'm probably going to be maining Kitty, Mily, and Sonya with all their variations.

Yea I get what you mean. But what variation do you think you'll use the most with your main from what you saw? E.g. It looks like most erron black users are gonna use the gunslinger variation

I'm not going to use only 1 variation with my main. Definitely 2 or 3.

Kano stands out to me the most so far, but Sub-Zero, Mileena, Kenshi and Erron Black are all big possibilities as well.

Yea I get what you mean. But what variation do you think you'll use the most with your main from what you saw? E.g. It looks like most erron black users are gonna use the gunslinger variation

Hmmm.

I guess I have taken a liking to Kitana's Assasin and Mournful variations. I also like Mileena's Ravenous, but I hope those chain grabs aren't as hard as Solomon Grundy's.

Erron Black - Marksman/Gunslinger.

Not sure which, but those two are the ones I've got my eye on. Outlaw just kinda seems tokenish in comparison.

Kenshi. Don't know his variations. Don't care.
Shinnok. Mainly going to play necromancer and impostor and probably dabble in bone shaper
Kotal Kahn. Don't know how his variations work but I do know sun god appears to be my least favorite thus far
Sub-Zero. All of his variations. My favorite so far seems to be grandmaster but i'm in general a big fan of subby this year.
Kung Jin. The first and second variations they showed off on stream. I don't remember there names but I do know he reminded me of green arrow and that pretty much forces me to play him

Liu Kang's (Flame Fist) has been the one to catch my attention the most so far. Most likely I'll be rolling with that on launch.

For my mains:
Kotal kahn- war god
Raiden- Displacer and thunder god
Kung lao- buzzsaw and tempest
Liu kang- dragons fist and flame fist
Scorpion- ninjitsu and hellfire
Sub-zero- all 3
Shinnok- imposter and possibly necromancer
Erron Black- Marskman and Gunslinger
Takeda- Shirai ryu and lasher
Kung jin- ancestral and bojitsu
Reptile- noxious
Johnny cage- all 3

I'm Guarenteed to main Tanya, Quan Chi, Cassie, and Jacqui. As for Variations (top 5):
Cassie - Special Forces
Kotal Kahn - Blood God
Quan Chi - Sorcerer
D'Vorah - Swarm Queen
Erron Black - Gunslinger

My main 3 are going to be Kitana, Cassie and Sonya.

With Kitana, I plan on switching between Assassin and Royal Storm on a matchup basis.
With Cassie, Brawler all the way.
Sonya's variations haven't been discussed yet, but I'll likely pick the one that is most similar to how she played in MK9.