What about the Gods? Where are they?

mkchampion

Does anyone else care about the elder gods? I mean they do play an intergral part in the development of the MK series. it's just that being that they are gods so to speak they seem to be relatively weak and seem to depend too much on mere mortals to determine the fate of the realms. Look in MKA the only part they played in is konquest, slowly making it's way to the actual storyline effecting it. (remember when they created the safeguard) it seems to me that the elder gods need to be much more powerful then they are. But this is partly a side of me thats still grugde-holding of the fact that raiden was killed in MKD by two low-life sorcerers; quan-chi and shang tsung. That being another reason why i believe the gods should play a more interesting, and more occuring part in the MK series. What more can be said about the gods? I mean, they are allegedly all powerful and they allegedly see all but seem to do little in stoping the destruction of ALL EXISTENCE!!!! shinnok, a fallen elder god, raiden a once dead now evil dead god, taven and daegons father plays dead to see the true champion. okay. so which god is actually doing a thing about all this? I mean you would expect the earth god to atleast do something, though without MK:mythologies you probably would've never seen him (he's really really big)
and every now and then a thought pops into my head causing me to temporarily believe that raiden could very well be the next shinnok of the MK series, another fallen god, i mean think about it, raiden didn't become pure again even after he won the ("what if") ending in armageddon, he instead destroys everything which was the point of armageddon
when he could've been the solution to it all. The whole MK8 "will be dark and gritty" scares me to believe that my favorite character of all time will be a potential enemy in the new MK8 and for now on. If you can, give me a good enough reason why the gods aren't there enough or atleast tell me where the heck are they? and what are they doing?

I think you're operating under a misconception. For one thing, two Sorcerers didn't kill Raiden as a god. If you recall, Raiden loses much of his power outside of earthrealm, plus in order to compete in a Mortal Kombat tournament he must forfit his immortality. Secondly, you'll notice that the elder gods take a stance of non-interference where it doesn't directly concern the fate of the realms as a whole. Each realm has a protector, who is responsible for...well protecting it.

Even though Raiden was mortal and underpowered, they still don't kill him. If you remember, he kills himself.

I want to see Kajin and Suijin in MK8. Although they are not elder gods but they are/were gods in the MK storyline. Maybe The One Being in an avatar form (not his full essence) can be the boss of MK8.

I think you're operating under a misconception. For one thing, two Sorcerers didn't kill Raiden as a god. If you recall, Raiden loses much of his power outside of earthrealm, plus in order to compete in a Mortal Kombat tournament he must forfit his immortality. Secondly, you'll notice that the elder gods take a stance of non-interference where it doesn't directly concern the fate of the realms as a whole. Each realm has a protector, who is responsible for...well protecting it.

i understand what you're talking about (I honestly forgot to mention raidens immortality being given up, and the fact that he loses his power outside the realms , but whether he loses his powers or not it still doesn't effect his status as a god or mininmizes his character as protector), but even though i forgot to mention it or in this case misinformed you, it doesn't play an important role as to whether or not the gods did much in the protection of the realms, i merely stated that because, i meant not that he was weak but rather the simple and odd fact that he was alone. not to say that he was weak or that he didn't protect them he was alone in the end. making it the end of the raiden we once knew...............i misinformed you about that

In future, I would really appreciate it if you would use some punctuation, that was hard to read. But I understood enough.

Anyway, I agree that the elder gods are somewhat missing in action. But I always think of the elder gods as sort of being like the ascended Ancients from Stargate SG1. They observe but take a status of non-interference. Plus, it looks like they didn't see Armageddon coming like Taven's mother did. Although I reject the MKA storyline, because it's such bullcrap.

In future, I would really appreciate it if you would use some punctuation, that was hard to read. But I understood enough.

Anyway, I agree that the elder gods are somewhat missing in action. But I always think of the elder gods as sort of being like the ascended Ancients from Stargate SG1. They observe but take a status of non-interference. Plus, it looks like they didn't see Armageddon coming like Taven's mother did. Although I reject the MKA storyline, because it's such bullcrap.

I used an ample amount of punctuation in the story, and I agree that the gods resemble SG-1 in a way. but the gods did see armageddon coming, taven & deagon's father was a god and their mother a sorceress, so the gods where much informed on armageddon, but it seems like they only tend to step in the last mintue or when it's kinda not needed. and relax im sure and have confidence that the story will be cleaned up alot in the storyline in the next MK in november of `08. give it some time.