Upgrade the cybernetics!

Hansplusmatic

With all this talk of certain characters possibly becoming cyborgs who weren't before and ones who WERE becoming human, i think some updating on the look is important.

First off, make them look badass- I don't think im the only one who though "aww smoke's a robot! wtf thats gay!"
This should NOT be the case in MK (2011). They need to look like it truly is an upgrade as a killing machine to become cybernized. Give em' some sweet armor, killer weapons, and maybe even make their eyes glow just for some extra effect.

Secondly, cyborgs each need their OWN look. We've seen sektor's change in look but i don't want any other cyborgs in the game to look like different colored sektors. When MK started going 3d, the ninjas got individuality, but sektor and cyrax were still pretty similar. Yea, you could say Smoke in MK:D had a new look going on, but it SUCKED (see point #1). Don't get me wrong sektor is looking pretty good in this game, but i'm hoping he's the least cool looking cyborg.

Anybody else have anything to add on, feel free.

jdnice11

With all this talk of certain characters possibly becoming cyborgs who weren't before and ones who WERE becoming human, i think some updating on the look is important.

First off, make them look badass- I don't think im the only one who though "aww smoke's a robot! wtf thats gay!"
This should NOT be the case in MK (2011). They need to look like it truly is an upgrade as a killing machine to become cybernized. Give em' some sweet armor, killer weapons, and maybe even make their eyes glow just for some extra effect.

Secondly, cyborgs each need their OWN look. We've seen sektor's change in look but i don't want any other cyborgs in the game to look like different colored sektors. When MK started going 3d, the ninjas got individuality, but sektor and cyrax were still pretty similar. Yea, you could say Smoke in MK:D had a new look going on, but it SUCKED (see point #1). Don't get me wrong sektor is looking pretty good in this game, but i'm hoping he's the least cool looking cyborg.

Anybody else have anything to add on, feel free.

I agree with you whole heartedly. MK9 is now on the Next Gen systems and they should use it to there full advantage.
I think the Current Sektor is pretty badass and hope IF Cyrax is still a Cyborg he will have a whole other Look than Sektor. But i am actually hoping that Cyrax might be human so we can get a real decent look at how he is.
I recall in an interview with Ed that all the characters are going to be completely different from others that Reptile wont fight like Nightwolf, but they all have individual traits that make them, THEM! So this should be interesting!
But like i said i agree with you that if there are going to be more than 1 Cyborgs in the game they should all have there own unique look! we've already seen with the Ninjas(Scorpion, Sub-Zero & Reptile) that they all differentiat in looks anf gameply. lets just hope they keep that up with EVERYONE!!!!!!

Nic-V

Of course Cyrax shouldn't look like a palette swap of Sektor (even though Sektor is the coolest cybernetic yet in this game!) but I wouldn't want him to stray too far either. Make them look similar, yet not alike (don't think about that sentence too much lol).

jdnice11

Of course Cyrax shouldn't look like a palette swap of Sektor (even though Sektor is the coolest cybernetic yet in this game!) but I wouldn't want him to stray too far either. Make them look similar, yet not alike (don't think about that sentence too much lol).

I get wat your saying.
Have Sektor and Cyrax look somewhat alike because there Both Lin Kuei model, but also have there differences!
At least i hope thats what your saying...LOL!

jdnice11

Yeah perhaps Jax would still have a chance to be cool if he was all robot instead of just the arms XD

After thinking about it a few, i know in MKIII Jax had his Arms as Robotic arms but in later games it seemed to be Bionic Enhancers instead of Cybornetic Arm! I think the Bionic Enhancer arms are a better idea, bc it explains how he can have an Alterante costume w/ just his regular arms. If they were Cybornetic Arms he couldnt take them off like Kanos' Cybornectic eye!

jdnice11

maybe a cyber ninja would be best, I love to see the human form of Cyrax and new cyber subzero

Yeah im curious to a Human Cyrax too. They already started to bring him back, its about time he makes the full turn! Sektor is pretty much a lost soul so he's great to the way he is. A Cyborg Sub-Zero would be interesting to see. Especially if its the Older Sub-Zero is the one that makes the Turn!

Glamador

/thirded. He'd finally be a character worth talking about if that happened.

Also, Sektor hasn't been a palette swap of Cyrax since MKTE...he had his own look in MKA and Smoke had his own look in MKD. I like that Cyrax kept the classic style though, personally. Sektor has always been my favorite from a character perspective, but I always enjoyed playing as Cyrax more. Hopefully this game changes all that.

Angel

My opinion of them was that they were fine in MK 3 being identical, but since MK 3 they've taken different roots. Cyrax I expect to hardly change, perhaps become more humanish if anything, Sektor though since he has turned evil I always expect to be a more agrreive look unit. Smoke, I'm NEVER sure on him. Honeslty, I really haven't ever thought how to handle him. He seems to be demon in MK:D and MK:Arm, but honestly I have no opinions on if that was a good move or not. Its basically a more extreme take then Sektors, thats about it.