Unlockable Rewards / Methods are disappointing in this game.

Taja

Is anyone disappointed with the unlockables in this game? Here are some suggestions that I think would have made the game better without the devs having to add any extra content to the disc.

1) I think that they should have cut the opening roster down by half and let us unlock the rest.

2) Reduce the amount of coins that can be won - I think we've all got a massive surplus stash after unlocking all of the krypt.

3) I love the flesh pit alt for Mileena, and finished all 300 challenges, but why the hell was there an option to buy out challenge 300 and still get the costume? You should only get the costume for beating it.

4) Unlock Cyber Sub by beating him in story mode....really? It would've been better (and more MK like) to make him a secret fight found with some odd condition and then beat him. Maybe something to do with the "Toasty" guy.

5) Klassic costumes for beating hidden fighters.

6) Aternate costume colours in krypt instead of yet another render.

7) Babality/Stage fatality codes in krypt. I'm actually old school and don't like 'ality codes in the start menu but seems as they've done the Fatalities why not go the whole hog.

8 ) Some sort of reward for playing/winning X amount of online matches (other that trophies or AP's).

9) A few of the stages should've been unlockable in the krypt.

10) Avatar Awards for 360 owners. They got short changed on Kratos after all.

I agree with the krypt comment for sure. Also the buying out challenge 300 even though I'm not there yet. Klassic costumes from hidden fights would have been interesting and unlockable stages as well.

Not so keen on the half locked roster and babality unlocks, I like they are hidden.

Besides disagreeing about having to unlock half of the roster, I like these ideas. I was hoping on unlocking arenas in the krypt to have new ones to look forward to and it was too easy to get coins. Since cyber sub is the closest to a new character, it would've been cool if he was unlocked through a hidden fight like the old games.

I like the ideas cept having more of the roster locked.

Def think the krypt could have been a lot better. I loved how it's presented but the secrets r lame. I don't care for concept art or sketches. Videos would have been nice. Also having 3rd fatalities hidden in krypt would have been nice.

I disagree about the flesh pit costume if anything they should have had something worthwhile to all mk fans not just maleena fans as the prize for beating challenge 300 and left the costume as a prize for buying your way through it

I found the Krypt pretty disappointing, it is just too easy to unlock everything. Different costumes should have stayed as ladder unlocks and hidden characters would have been more fun to unlock as secret fights in my opinion. Maybe locking a few more characters at the beginning as well (perhaps unlocking them as you play them in the story mode), reserving characters you don't play as for secret battle unlocks. It all just seemed a bit too soulless putting nearly everything in the krypt.

Couldn't agree more on everything except 10. I wish Kratos was not there at all, like his stage though :)

My real problem is the krypts lack of variety, sooo much concept art and the kombat codes are kinda useless imo. A few videos would've been welcome, like some making-of videos. I actually hoped the cooking with Scorpion videos would make a return. Hell, I would be happy if they just threw in the character reveal vids and mkasts that they released as unlockables just to mix it up a bit.

And I agree that alt costumes should've been purely ladder unlockables.

I am thoroughly disappointed with the krypt in this game. Nothing but concept art, kombat codes and alt costumes. Would have liked to see some behind the scenes dev videos, unlockable stages, extra menu music, etc. I think the reward for completing the challenge tower is very disappointing as well. Sure it's awesome for Mileena users and teen boys, but otherwise I think everyone can agree it's a big disappointment.

I also really think their should be some type of an award for winning the hidden fights. I love this game to death but I can agree the rewards and also lack of rewards is quite disappointing.

yep, I bought all krypt with 300K coins, was hoping sutff there to be more expensive and money, harder to obtain ..... after cleaned up all krypt, my acumulated money could buy it again ! Krypt is pretty disappointing in this game, and in addition, we have to deal with that screamer monster there, lol !

so :

- Krypt has flaws;
- Story mode has some flaws;
- Rewards have some huge flaws;
- Ladder and online have minor flaws;

Anyway, I love this game and will continue to support it, buying the DLCs that NRS will release along the time.

Alternate colors wouldn't work due to most characters being do reliant on their color schemes, especially the Ninja characters. Would a Red Scorpion or Green Sub Zero telly be that cool anyway?

Everything else? Meh

You lock half the roster and you can't have a tournament game..

I would have increased the cost of items in the krypt five fold. Was too easy to get everything.

Increasing the cost of krypt items doesent make em better. If anything paying more for crappy items would Piss me off more.

I'm fine with the price of the krypt, try just needed better items.

Unlockables in this game were horrible. i dont care about any of those whiners say. HALF of the roster should of been locked along with half the arenas.

Any costume found in story or in challenge tower should of been unlocked.

The winning animations in the tower should also have been unlocked

Original announcers from MK1-3 should of been in the krypt

ALL of the pre order costumes and fatalities should be in the game and unlocked in krypt

We should of gotten ALOT less koins

klassic costumes from hidden fights should of been unlocked.

Krypt needs better things like bio's,cooking with scorp, bloopers,etc..

Reward for beating the tower was the worse reward we could of gotten. All that for a stupid costume..FACEPALM

Babalities and stage fatalities should be unloked in krypt

Or even better for those who like to unlock things, have something pop up before you start playing the game asking if you would like everything to be locked except for a few kharacters and stages.

1) I think that they should have cut the opening roster down by half and let us unlock the rest.

I agree. The way it worked in SFIV is great because it kinda forces you to work for the roster.

2) Reduce the amount of coins that can be won - I think we've all got a massive surplus stash after unlocking all of the krypt.

Yeah. I have over 400k and there's literally nothing to do with them.

3) I love the flesh pit alt for Mileena, and finished all 300 challenges, but why the hell was there an option to buy out challenge 300 and still get the costume? You should only get the costume for beating it.

They also shouldn't have made it so it regens health if you can't beat it, or make it so you don't get the Achievement/Trophy by doing it this way.

4) Unlock Cyber Sub by beating him in story mode....really? It would've been better (and more MK like) to make him a secret fight found with some odd condition and then beat him. Maybe something to do with the "Toasty" guy.

Nah. He should've been part of the half that we should have to unlock. He's fine the way he is.

5) Klassic costumes for beating hidden fighters.

Sure, but then they wouldn't be able to sell them. I also want Reptile's Cyber version available.

6) Aternate costume colours in krypt instead of yet another render.

Your #5 makes more sense.

7) Babality/Stage fatality codes in krypt. I'm actually old school and don't like 'ality codes in the start menu but seems as they've done the Fatalities why not go the whole hog.

I guess so, but don't really care since they're easy to find online. I do think they should've made is so that you can't do certain finishers if you haven't unlocked them in the Krypt, just like they did with Alternate costumes.

8 ) Some sort of reward for playing/winning X amount of online matches (other that trophies or AP's).

Wouldn't mind this. I also think they needed to make some Achievements/Trophies that require even more wins, fights, and/or respect points. I saw a dude with over 14,000 respect, and to give this game some longevity, having an Achievement/Trophy that required 10,000 points or 1,000 online fights seems reasonable.

9) A few of the stages should've been unlockable in the krypt.

Agreed.

10) Avatar Awards for 360 owners. They got short changed on Kratos after all.

Indeed, but that would mean less lining in their pocket.

Krypt is pretty disappointing in this game, and in addition, we have to deal with that screamer monster there, lol !

I jumped out of my skin the first time that thing screamed at me. I was concentrating on the Blood Marsh, trying to spot the near invisible sunken bodies when it got me!

The only things I can honestly disagree with are babalities in the krypt (they are the hidden finishers after all) and I have no problem with how CSZ is unlocked (although maybe after playing as him would have been a better). Other than that, all solid ideas!