Ultimate Mortal Kombat X?

Ultimate Mortal Kombat X?

• Yes

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

CuteBaraka

Do you think they will do a updated version instead of just Komplete Edition?

It would be cool like they did with MK3.

So imagine if they added:

Animalities
Friendships
Stage Fatalities
New Fatality for Each Character
New Stages
New Modes (Tag Team? Tournament?)
New Mini-Games (Test Your Sight, Chess Kombat?)
New Characters (Third Row?)

Maybe release it for Early 2016, and can be an expansion add-on.

Or they could just release Kombat Packs, DLC's and work on the next game after Injustice 2 in 4-5 years.

You know ,it's actually possible considering this seems to be the most succesful MK game. But early 2016? that's not gonna happen. They need a lot of time for all these stuff.

I just want more characters and more chapters to Story Mode. And I'd want the expansion to be available as a DLC to those who already have MKX, like Capcom did with Super Street Fighter 4's "Arcade Edition" and "Ultra" versions, so they don't have to go and buy a whole new game.

Last edited:
I absolutely cannot see any story mode DLC being made for MKX, or indeed any MK game. It just wouldn't sell; we're the minority among MK fans (those who really lap up the lore) and from a financial perspective it just seems stupid for NRS to put so much time and money into creating cinematic content, bringing in voice actors again, motion capture stuff, etc., etc... just for the sake of another 30-45 mins of stuff that very few people would buy.

More characters and skins? Yes, absolutely, and judging by Boon's comments about the game's success, it's all but guaranteed.

If there will ever be UMKX, i want the following things in it:
- Tournament mode (online and offline single player), in single player after you play all the battles, you face Devil Shinnok
- Tag Team mode (again, why they removed it?)
- More factions (Shyrai Ryu and Outworld Alliance (Kotal as leader) please)
- Extra story chapter (Fujin)
- Komic avaible in collection.
- Extra costumes for most used characters and factions leaders (i really miss Shaolin Monks attires for Sub-Zero and Kano, Kintaro skin (MK2 or MKSM or MKA) for Goro will also be great, complete with new name and opponents intros)
- All DLCs, extra characters, extra arenas (Nethership, Portal etc) - extra row for characters, extra row for arenas.
- stage Animalities becoming reality
- Devil Shinnok upgraded with new specials and better AI, being playable in single offline modes
- Chess Kombat single offline and online (imagine a faction war 5 vs 5 battle in Chess Kombat mode)
- ability to skip Test your Might rounds in towers

Now, THAT i will buy.

The game needs a LOT of fixing, so perhaps rehashing it a few times might give NRS time to take a long, hard look at themselves and the direction they're taking the franchise in.

Also, Shao Kahn must come back.

If there will ever be UMKX, i want the following things in it:
- Tournament mode (online and offline single player), in single player after you play all the battles, you face Devil Shinnok
- Tag Team mode (again, why they removed it?)
- More factions (Shyrai Ryu and Outworld Alliance (Kotal as leader) please)
- Extra story chapter (Fujin)
- Komic avaible in collection.
- Extra costumes for most used characters and factions leaders (i really miss Shaolin Monks attires for Sub-Zero and Kano, Kintaro skin (MK2 or MKSM or MKA) for Goro will also be great, complete with new name and opponents intros)
- All DLCs, extra characters, extra arenas (Nethership, Portal etc) - extra row for characters, extra row for arenas.
- stage Animalities becoming reality
- Devil Shinnok upgraded with new specials and better AI, being playable in single offline modes
- Chess Kombat single offline and online (imagine a faction war 5 vs 5 battle in Chess Kombat mode)
- ability to skip Test your Might rounds in towers

Now, THAT i will buy.

Unfortunately Ed said that tag team was removed because no one played it. They get data at NRS about everything including how many times tag team was played and he said it was very little

I'd just want a few more post-Kombat Pack DLC characters, but aside from that MKX is fine just the way it is, IMO.

Unfortunately Ed said that tag team was removed because no one played it. They get data at NRS about everything including how many times tag team was played and he said it was very little

You know why I hate that excuse? It seems they only get their data to who plays what online only. To me Tag Team was predominantly an offline mode where me and my brother would play 2v2 for hours. To be fair I didn't play that much online after the first 6 months because the netcode was shit. Hopefully Tag Team never gets excluded again going forward.

I want a massive roster update.
More stages
More alities.

Animalities need to return as well as Mercy.

I would like Khameleon to return as well as Motaro.

That's probably because you had to rely on other peoples connections and 4 people in one match is more taxing than a bunch of people sitting in KOTH not on the same screen at the same time.

It's not Tag Teams fault it's the fact we are playng a fighting game and having to rely on someone else's shitty connection. I played tag a crap ton with the AI and if friends were over. It's 2015, why don't fighting games have dedicated servers yet?

Yes! Don't bypass the swear filter, though. Just saying.
Even mods have done that and gotten away with it before. Now, we're getting modded for "bad words" that are NOT on the swear filter (at least I did, and it was for the most minor of all "swear words")! Hey mods, screw your Nanny State policies!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Even mods have done that and gotten away with it before. Now, we're getting modded for "bad words" that are NOT on the swear filter (at least I did, and it was for the most minor of all "swear words")! Hey mods, screw your Nanny State policies!

The rules have ALWAYS been like that, at least since I joined. It's nothing new.

The rules have ALWAYS been like that, at least since I joined. It's nothing new.
Before we go any further off topic, I must add that I will NEVER report a user for a profanity violation unless it's a slur. It's a waste of time, and I am convinced that that rule is only in place because of advertising revenue (nevermind the fact that this is the fansite of an M-Rated product)...and there's hypocrisy here too because this board has a middle finger smiley.

Back on topic...I want to get to Mortal Kombat 11 as soon as possible. Do you REALLY think I want to see a Super Duper Mega Ultimate Mortal Kombat X Championship Edition Turbo, after I spent $60 and then some on MKX in the first place? Hell no! Street Fighter has been around for 28 years, and are just now getting to 5, while fighting game IPs that are upwards of 10 years younger have already reached that number, if not already exceeded it (or in MK's case, doubled it).

Before we go any further off topic, I must add that I will NEVER report a user for a profanity violation unless it's a slur. It's a waste of time, and I am convinced that that rule is only in place because of advertising revenue (nevermind the fact that this is the fansite of an M-Rated product)...and there's hypocrisy here too because this board has a middle finger smiley.

This.

Back on topic...I want to get to Mortal Kombat 11 as soon as possible. Do you REALLY think I want to see a Super Duper Mega Ultimate Mortal Kombat X Championship Edition Turbo, after I spent $60 and then some on MKX in the first place? Hell no! Street Fighter has been around for 28 years, and are just now getting to 5, while fighting game IPs that are upwards of 10 years younger have already reached that number, if not already exceeded it (or in MK's case, doubled it).

With a heaping portion of that.

I absolutely cannot see any story mode DLC being made for MKX, or indeed any MK game. It just wouldn't sell; we're the minority among MK fans (those who really lap up the lore) and from a financial perspective it just seems stupid for NRS to put so much time and money into creating cinematic content, bringing in voice actors again, motion capture stuff, etc., etc... just for the sake of another 30-45 mins of stuff that very few people would buy.

More characters and skins? Yes, absolutely, and judging by Boon's comments about the game's success, it's all but guaranteed.

Yeah, I'm with you. Look at games that do get story DLC, like Dragon Age 3 for example... a very cinematic game... but is the DLC cinematic? No, it's very heavy on gameplay, i.e. the stuff they don't have to build from scratch. There's nothing like that in MK, the only gameplay is the fights and no one wants to pay $20 for 10 fights you could get from a Tower for free. NRS has no choice but to make lots of cinematics, and that is a very expensive option.