Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9?

Re: UMK9 completing the fan service.....

MK 10 wont happen till at least 2013 when the next Gen consoles come out.

UMK9 could still happen. Boon and NRS said they really want to support the game, so I could easily see UMK9 coming out next year.

MK 10 wont happen till at least 2013 when the next Gen consoles come out.

UMK9 could still happen. Boon and NRS said they really want to support the game, so I could easily see UMK9 coming out next year.
I totally agree with your statement here regarding UMK9 possible 2012 release and for MK10 they should wait until future consoles come out because it is too soon for an MK10.

I totally agree with your statement here regarding UMK9 possible 2012 release and for MK10 they should wait until future consoles come out because it is too soon for an MK10.
do you really reckon they would add everything we want to make umk9? umk9 would not sell as well as and entirely new game/ concept. What the hell would theydo to reel us in for mk10? All the characters etc that we want would be in the said umk9

do you really reckon they would add everything we want to make umk9? umk9 would not sell as well as and entirely new game/ concept. What the hell would theydo to reel us in for mk10? All the characters etc that we want would be in the said umk9

yes i think it will sell great if they add the following, imagine if they add friendships, 4 new characters, match replays, 5 new stages, a few more stage fatalities, alternate costumes for dlc characters and they sell it for $40. that would be a win/win for the devs and the consumer.

yes i think it will sell great if they add the following, imagine if they add friendships, 4 new characters, match replays, 5 new stages, a few more stage fatalities, alternate costumes for dlc characters and they sell it for $40. that would be a win/win for the devs and the consumer.

Oh man you sound like capcom buddy :)

Oh man you sound like capcom buddy :)

no, i sound realistic. other ppl want a complete new game with 10 new characters, a whole bunch of fatalities ect, i dont get my hopes up that high. i dont remember stating that they should sell a costume pack for 20 dollars did i? what i mentioned is resonable.

I think it would sell well with die hards but not the general consumers. Im not sure but i dont think Super SF4 sold nearly as well as the original SF4. i think adding all the things the fans would want in UMK9 would cost alot more than what capcom did with SSF4 and SSF4AE. then again never say never its just very unlikely they will do UMK9. Id love it if they did but they probably wont do it. Its ok to dream but realisticly no

This is what would need to be released for UMK9

Stages Missing
Kombat Tomb (MK2)
Palace Gates (MK1)
The Balcony (MK3)
The Lost Portal/ The Lost (UMK3)
Shao Khans Cave (UMK3)
The Kombat Portal (MK2)
Volcanic Arena (MK9 Kratos Appearance)
Warrior Shrine (MK1)
The Pit 3 (MK3)
The Bank (MK3)

Characters Missing
Khameleon/Chameleon
Motaro DLC
Goro DLC
Shao Khan DLC
Kintaro DLC
Robo Smoke

Other Content Missing
Tag Team King of the Hill
Brutalities
Freindships
Mercy
Animalities
More DLC Classic Fatalities

Costumes Missing
Raiden MK1
Kano MK1 and MK3
Johnny Cage MK1
Sonya MK1
Mileena MK2
Skarlet MK2
Liu Kang MK1
Kung Lao MK2 and MK3
Male Ninja Costume Pack UMK3

Other Content
Missing Avatars like Sheeva, Rain, Kenshi, Skarlet, Freddy
I say all this for UMK9 would be well worth it for a 2012 release ;)

Yes it would if it contained all the content on my pervious post and more for a 2012 release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boon said that they have no plans for UMK9:

@noobde via Twitter said:
RT @TrickyLizard @noobde Any news on UMK9? Noobde: We aren't planning an Ultimate MK9 now. Should we? What would we add?

I'd say this pretty much confirms NO UMK9.

Boon said that they have no plans for UMK9:

I'd say this pretty much confirms NO UMK9.

oh oh but he asked us what they should add and should they do it!!! if we bombard his twitter like maryse outletts stalker they will have no choice but to scrap everything else they are doing, listen to the masses and bring it out!!!!!

oh oh but he asked us what they should add and should they do it!!! if we bombard his twitter like maryse outletts stalker they will have no choice but to scrap everything else they are doing, listen to the masses and bring it out!!!!!

'Tis not always true, though (about bombarding twitter).

The masses bombarded Ed Boon for Tremor DLC in MK9, and he just flat-out said NO. :(
Plus, if you bother him too much, I'm pretty sure he'll put the block button to use.

'Tis not always true, though (about bombarding twitter).

The masses bombarded Ed Boon for Tremor DLC in MK9, and he just flat-out said NO. :(
Plus, if you bother him too much, I'm pretty sure he'll put the block button to use.
your right i guess i was been naive or sarcastic, ill let you decide which ever makes you happiest

Look. I wouldn't mind a UMK9 however IMO i reckon mk10 would be much better. Brand new game with new characters,fatalities,arenas,story and setting etc.

Umk9 would be the same but with all the missing bits and bobs added.

I agree, save your christmas lists for 2013 everyone

Well in what ways do you suppose that NRS will still be able to support MK9? If Ed Boon said no more DLC for MK9 and your post as Ed Boon tweeted on Twitter states that there wont be an UMK9 then what can they release then for MK9 to continue to support it? Common sense, To be honest i remember that same tweet message regarding UMK9 but the way he is mentioning doesnt really sound like they are finished with MK9 i say an UMK9 is in the works for 2012 but they just dont want to say anything just yet. Lets be honest people if Ed Boon said on Twitter that there wont be anymore DLC for MK9 but then he is saying that they still plan to continue to support MK9 the only other way would be to release an UMK9 I mean he game is still incomplete due brutalities, animalities, friendships, stages, and characters that were part of MK1-UMK3 but wernt in MK9 there is still a whole lot more they can do with MK9 to make it even better end of story. ;)

Last edited: