Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9?

MKKing

Hey I know there's going to be some DLC for new characters,stages,costumes,fatalities etc.. but wonder if they might consider a better version later with all the unlockable characters and perhaps able to use the bosses and sell it $20 less just like what SF4 did coming out with SSF4 or will the next MK will just be a sequel MK 10?

They'll make a sequel, if anything. Nowadays we have DLC so even if they wanted to do something like that, they'd make a DLC package.

I had a feeling early on that they would release an Ultimate Mortal Kombat like 6 months after the release of this game. I wouldn't be surprised but I hope they don't do it.

I hope they don't do that because a lot of people bought and are going to buy the original Mortal Kombat 2011. I'd rather have the extra content as DLC instead of buying a completely new version of the SAME GAME with extra content!!! Please NRS, don't so that!

I really hope they don't do something like that. There'd be way too much backlash.

yea might be some people who won't like it but if you're an MK fan you'll still buy it just like street fighter fans still bought SSF4

I think it'll most likely happen, but they'll do a DLC pack that basically makes your existing copy of MK9 the exact same as the "Ultimate" version. That way, someone who didn't pick up MK9 can just buy the so-called UMK9 and those of us that already have it can simply (for a fee) upgrade to it. If (and most likely when) that happens, I'd guess the new game would retail for $50 or $60 and the standard copies of MK9 would go down quite a bit. I think the idea is great and actually hope it happens.

I'm not opposed to the idea assuming its not even released for a year at least. That way they kould sell the umk9 version for full retail price cuz of the added goodies. otherwise i hope they give us original owners of mk9 first dibs on most of the kontent.

hmmm... Maybe not an actual UMK but possibly a game of the year addition with all dlc already on it.... kinda like what they did with gears of war 2.

What they may do is what other companies do (including what Warner Bros/Eidos did with Batman Arkham Asylum) and release a "Game of the Year" edition that has the DLC packed in for the same price a year later. They just need to be called "Game of the Year" by one magazine to really do that.

Ahh it seems Kilmansky beat me to it.

Yes... I could see a title called ultimate MK (with ALL available DLC to that point included) released around Oct. or something when sales slow down.

I would like if this happens. Super Street Fighter 4 made a lot of improvements to SF4 besides the extra characters. I have bought the disc rather than buying the DLC also for GTA Episodes and Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare pack. I would rather have a game on disc than DLC because disc is much more permanent and portable than DLC. Buying a disc that I own and can be played on any PS3 system I want is preferable to buying a DLC 'license' that can't be played on any friends system or a new system (especially with how much Sony and MS's systems break this generation) without it being a hassle. So if there's a package deal on the online store in a few months where all of the DLC is packaged together for a price for current MK9 owners, and the same package at retail on disc, I would definitely buy the updated disc, even if it cost slightly more.

It would be cool, but I'm guessing they'll just release the extra stuff as DLC and then come out with a sequel.

I could see this working if all the DLC was on the disc itself and not just codes to download them. However, I don't know if I would pay $60 all over again, maybe $30, with $40 pushing it.

For the love of god NRS, plz dont make a sequel. Lets just focus on DLc for this game to expand it as much as possible. I'm tired of ppl being cheap and just wanting mroe games instead of DLC. Adding more games spreads ppl out for online instead of keeping them all in one spot. These days are mostly about online play and it wont be that good if they continue to pump out games and spreading ppl out. Most of the kharacters after MK4, ppl dont give a crap about. So they should expand DLC more and add story chapters for the good kharacters, more krypt items,more challenge's in the tower,more entrance,round and match win animations,etc.. The next game they should make is MKSM 2. That would be epic on next gen.

For the love of god NRS, plz dont make a sequel. Lets just focus on DLc for this game to expand it as much as possible. I'm tired of ppl being cheap and just wanting mroe games instead of DLC. Adding more games spreads ppl out for online instead of keeping them all in one spot. These days are mostly about online play and it wont be that good if they continue to pump out games and spreading ppl out. Most of the kharacters after MK4, ppl dont give a crap about. So they should expand DLC more and add story chapters for the good kharacters, more krypt items,more challenge's in the tower,more entrance,round and match win animations,etc.. The next game they should make is MKSM 2. That would be epic on next gen.

Wow. What a true fan you are. <note sarcasm>

There will be a sequel. I will be higly pissed if there isn't.

How they go about the sequel is a matter for a different discussion.