TRMK's Interview with Ed Boon

natedoggcata

The MK4 character will most likely be Shinnok.

As for Post MK4 characters I would probably bet on Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi and Havik

Last edited:

Axe

Thanks Pat, you actually go some more specific info out of Boon. I reckon its Fujin we'll be seeing from MK4. I'm only speculating of course but I got the feeling Boon was talking in the context of playable characters. Can't wait for this new -ality!

Rider

I want this game! NOW!

But it sucks that you didn't ask him ANYTHING about the PC version of the game and that he is not saying anything about it.

"We may be doing the PC version as well, but the consoles are the priority."

What does this mean? They didn't even start working on the PC version?? Wow! If not NR who will work on it?

Last edited:

DFGHTENNIS

Very nice interview, i don't care who the MK4 character is gonna be, but i really want to see more than 30 playable characters in MKX.

DFGHTENNIS

What does this mean? They didn't even start working on the PC version?? Wow! If not NR who will work on it?

High voltage studio?! maybe? But if it's NRS i wonder how they gonna optimize the game on PC? they never developed a game on PC before.

Rider

High voltage studio?! maybe? But if it's NRS i wonder how they gonna optimize the game on PC? they never developed a game on PC before.

I am confused now tbh.
HVS did great job with MK9 and Injustice imo. I really hope they will do MKX, but are we getting PC version at the same time? Ok i know game is still not finished and that for PC it will be next-gen port, but how they still don't know who will do it? They still haven't started working on it.

DFGHTENNIS

Since they announced the PC version along with other platforms, the release date will be the same for all platforms i guess.

Thracian Tsar

My guess is MKX on PC will be the Komplete Edition, including all DLC content. They did that with Injustice's Ultimate version. Probably the game will be released a couple of months after the console versions. I wouldn't mind HVS making the port. They did great job with MKKE and Injustice.

Commander

I have a feeling that the MK4 characters will be Shinnok and Fujin.
I know that Ed said "a character" will appear in MK X, but I can't see both Fujin and Shinnok NOT being in.

DFGHTENNIS

My guess is MKX on PC will be the Komplete Edition, including all DLC content. They did that with Injustice's Ultimate version. Probably the game will be released a couple of months after the console versions

I don't think so, PC versions of MK9 and Injustice weren't announced before they released the last DLC character/content, this is the first time that NRS announces the PC version even before specifying the release date.

Eclipso

Glad to see an intelligent interview about the game. The Cryomancer army in the Lin Kuei sounds cool. I like the idea of a Sub-Zero being an entirely new character.

I would rather sub stay within a specific blood line and not just the clan personally but either way Im ok with it.

NYC_SCORPION

After reading this interview it's become kind of clear to me that Shinnok will be the only character returning from MK4 not counting Quan Chi since he made his appearance in mythologies and that he and Shinnok will be playable sub bosses. Evil Liu Kang will be the main boss and will not be playable

Taj Gill

Lol I certainly hope MKO got permission from Pat to run this interview as their top story on their home page.