TRMK's Interview with Ed Boon

gosoxtim

it intresting that he said You will definitely see a Mortal Kombat 4 character i wonder who it going be shinnok maybe but i m also glad they are not going mk4 through dectption order and making a new original story while continuing mk9 story

Last edited:

creative name

Ed Boon: Well the Fatalities won't. There will be a new "ality" that we can't talk about, but I'll tell you when we stop the recording, and there is a chance that those will require you to unlock them.

(It's awesome I can't wait till it's revealed to everyone)

Yay, so giddy! I really am so excited to see what this new "ality" will be.

Ricochetmatt

it intresing that he said You will definitely see a Mortal Kombat 4 character i wownder who it going be shinnock maybe but i m also glade they not going mk4 through dectption order and making a new original story while continueing mk9 story

I think it'll be Shinnok. I mean, the way they set him up at the end of MK9.... Yeah, it has to be.

Aldo Moreno

I think it'll be Shinnok. I mean, the way they set him up at the end of MK9.... Yeah, it has to be.

Do you think the new Earthrealm fighters will be new characters then? I kind of doubt we'll see Kai after seeing that being said.

And another note, it's pretty obvious that the fun cameo is Shujinko. I feel like his quest is the only thing that won't get interrupted by the events of MK9.

Taj Gill

Great interview Pat, thank God Boon was willing to give more insight than what he did with the idiots who had no clue what they were talking about.

My story concerns are relatively eased. I'm just worried about Sub-Zero... I really don't want a new one.

RonnyRAGE

Great interview Pat, thank God Boon was willing to give more insight than what he did with the idiots who had no clue what they were talking about.

My story concerns are relatively eased. I'm just worried about Sub-Zero... I really don't want a new one.

This, Seriously WTF was with Sony's guy The Big Bad..... how do these guys get there job?

Noob-Zer013

This, Seriously WTF was with Sony's guy The Big Bad..... how do these guys get there job?

Oh I know! In one video Boon is literally explaining the variations to the guy then the middle of the fight he asks how they work. Jack ass.

Then the guy who asks if X Rays were in the last game. It would be cool if someone who actually had interest got this privilege.

Kobra

Glad to see an intelligent interview about the game. The Cryomancer army in the Lin Kuei sounds cool. I like the idea of a Sub-Zero being an entirely new character.

Nasty_Freak

Tanya and/or Li Mei should be in at least. They are mostly favorites after UMK3.

I'd also want Sareena and/or Nitara in but they have a less chance.

I hope Khameleon is in as well.

vetalfox

I don't like that he said there will be "a Mortal Kombat 4 character", sound like only 1 MK4 guy will make it, i wish MKX had 4 MK4 characters - Quan Chi, Shinnok, Reiko & Tanya

Nasty_Freak

I don't like that he said there will be "a Mortal Kombat 4 character", sound like only 1 MK4 guy will make it, i wish MKX had 4 MK4 characters - Quan Chi, Shinnok, Reiko & Tanya

Exactly!

Here is who I'd put...

MK4: Tanya, Shinnok, Reiko, and Fujin (Plus Quan Chi should be in MKX but he was in MK9 already. I'm talking about characters who have not been in MK9 that should make the cut.)

MKDA: Li Mei and Nitara

MKD: Kira, Ashrah, Havik, and Hotaru.

Others: Sareena and Khameleon.

Shirayuki Mizore

I hope Khameleon is in as well.

Not to rain on your parade, but Boon said Khameleon and Chameleon would never be making a return to the series, and said they're both non-canon characters.

Really interested to hear about the secret -ality that Boon told Pat. Can't wait for the reveal, I hope it's crazy awesome.

vetalfox

Evrything can change on a fly if needed. Khameleon will fit perfectly in 3 styles thing, and she have some backstory as well.

mcgriffin

Sorry man. Seems like it's definitely somebody new.

Insanely curious about who the other post-MK characters are. My money's on Havik, considering how immensely popular he was. Kenshi's a good bet too. There are a handful of MK4 characters I like, and one, two or three PS2 era characters I'm okay with, but I'm actually more interested in who could be improved. The sense for character of the current Mortal Kombat team seems leaps and bounds above the PS2 era. Their characters are much more unique, and imbued with a lot more personality and individuality these days. Take Kenshi for example! I already liked Kenshi, but he was basically Ermac with a sword. When they changed his abilities just slightly enough to distinguish him while not betraying his origins, it made me like him even more. Kenshi's an example of what they could potentially do with any not-quite-awesome post-MK3 character. Can't wait to see!

vetalfox

I expect Havik to have his own moves from MKD/MKA mixed with MKA Meat moves and couple new added.
The Meat variation of his costume will have skin ripped off him, flesh only.

jeary

Exactly!

Here is who I'd put...

MK4: Tanya, Shinnok, Reiko, and Fujin (Plus Quan Chi should be in MKX but he was in MK9 already. I'm talking about characters who have not been in MK9 that should make the cut.)

MKDA: Li Mei and Nitara

MKD: Kira, Ashrah, Havik, and Hotaru.

Others: Sareena and Khameleon.

Shinnok and maybe Fujin are the only ones I would like to see back from that list. I'd rather see new unique characters.