TRMK Matchup Discussions

Critical-Limit

This thread will be dedicated to talking about random matchups. A new matchup will be updated once every 7 days.

I want to start this off with characters that members of this forum know about or main.

Mileena vs Sektor Matchup.

Let's discuss all the ups and downs and the overall tricks each has on eachother.

Talk the risk vs reward for specific scenarios.

Reaction vs Prediction.

ect ect.

I'll start off with a few questions:

How does Sektor punish a tele-kick?

how does he punish a EX tele-kick?

IS sektor's zoning useless in this matchup?

Honestly, I think Sektor wins this even though the Most recent Tier list says 5-5.

In the corner it's really a horrid match up for Mileena, she has nothing to get out of the corner and Sektor can keep her locked down with the meaty Up Missile Mix ups, so you're constantly guessing in the corner unless the Sektor player makes a excutional error or just becomes to predictable.

Mileena can't keep him out with Sais because they trade, so she kinda wants to play Hit and run and keep the life lead. You can rush him down but your pressure game has to be on point a long with your Yomi game to deal out some damage. Once she gets the Knock down It's a lot easy for her to start up her Mix up game.

Honestly, I think Sektor wins this even though the Most recent Tier list says 5-5.

In the corner it's really a horrid match up for Mileena, she has nothing to get out of the corner and Sektor can keep her locked down with the meaty Up Missile Mix ups, so you're constantly guessing in the corner unless the Sektor player makes a excutional error or just becomes to predictable.

Mileena can't keep him out with Sais because they trade, so she kinda wants to play Hit and run and keep the life lead. You can rush him down but your pressure game has to be on point a long with your Yomi game to deal out some damage. Once she gets the Knock down It's a lot easy for her to start up her Mix up game.

IF she has meter can't she get out of the corner guaranteed with a EX tele-kick? just asking cuz I don't know.

Can you ball roll under a missile on reaction? if on reaction how far do you have to be? Or can sektor block in time if you do it on reaction?

Sektor has a 6 frame combo starter jab move. Are there any openings for him to use this on you during pressure? and how do you avoid it?

(My) Sektor punishes Mileena's blocked tele-kick with either a B2, 1 or an uppercut depending on when/if she throws her sais after.

EX Tele, I usually just ride it out. Still trying to work on the D1 punish. Edit: Just did it, it works, but I have yet to be able to get anything else after it.

Sektor's zoning is great if you can get the Mileena player to understand that you can destroy her if her moves are blocked, this is useful on wake up since you fire a missile when you know she's afraid to wake up swinging.

Instant Air Teleport works wonders on a zoning Mileena, just as long as it isn't done predictably. I like to jump forward and do it on a Mileena. I wait to see if she jumps up, then I teleport. If she doesn't then I close in.

She can rape him on wake up (like most characters) since she really doesn't have anything to fear. He has no armor (even though he is covered in fukking metal) so a well timed attack will knock him out of anything.

She cannot roll under a flame burner. She can teleport to beat it however.

A blocked ball can be punished (after briefly backing up for the proper distance. Doing this immediately will cause Sektor to lunge under her.) with B2, 1 ~ 1, flame burner for 24% damage.

Thats me knowledge on the matchup.

I'm not too sure about the EX tele out, because If he Up Missile it may knock her out of it so that's why I've never tried it.

You can ball Roll or Teleport over missiles on reaction, and she can do it from Full screen without him blocking because that's when most of them think it's safe to throw them out.

Ok, I'm not the best at Math and Calculating frame data so we're going to break this down together. <_<

4,2 leaves her neutral so Who ever pokes first gets the Pressure started.

D+3 is +2 on hit and -8 on block, and I end 4,2 with D+3.

2,3,4 is Neutral.

So that mean he has a 2 Frame window to attack, Right?

Yeah, forgot about that too.

Can get 32% off of a jump kick with no meter.

Fighting Sektor is like fighting a snake. You need to be very very cautious, one bad mistake and it can all be over. But once you grab it's head (his offense) the match slides greatly in your favor.

Same goes for Mileena, Endless "50-50" will have them guessing for days, 4-5 good guess could kill them.

You can use Mileena's X-ray as a parry to against characters, cause it's the only thing that has Armor on it in her move list <_<

I'm not too sure about the EX tele out, because If he Up Missile it may knock her out of it so that's why I've never tried it.

You can ball Roll or Teleport over missiles on reaction, and she can do it from Full screen without him blocking because that's when most of them think it's safe to throw them out.

Ok, I'm not the best at Math and Calculating frame data so we're going to break this down together. <_<

4,2 leaves her neutral so Who ever pokes first gets the Pressure started.

D+3 is +2 on hit and -8 on block, and I end 4,2 with D+3.

2,3,4 is Neutral.

So that mean he has a 2 Frame window to attack, Right?

2 frame to attack after/before what?

If your D3 is seriously -8. As long as you aren't crouching to spam another D3, Sektor can 1,2,B1 you into a combo. but if hit his block with D3, Sektor can counter poke for free. And gain advantage.

If you D3 hits him, and you're at +2?

Well his fastest combo starter is 6 frames. So.... You better do a 7-8 frame move to beat him. (8frames if your P1)

If he has a 2 frame window to attack there is nothing he can do. Because the fastest move in the game is 6 frames (that hits you)

when you say window that means you're talking about "once 2 frames are up, he's unsafe again"

Don't be afraid of his 1,2,B1 string just cuz it's fast. It only beats you if you try to do something that's slower while standing.

If you're poking, or doing anything that lowers your hit bocks you win. The problem is if you do that too much

Sektor can start his B3,4 string and hit your nonblocking crouching ass.

I guess so? Lol. I'm saying that he has 2 frame to attack after a blocked D+3.

Mileena has no normal that starts up in 6-7 frames except for D+3 and D+1, but B+1 is -13 on hit and block :???:

If you mean he has an extra 2 frames to execute a 6 frame attack yes.

Assuming he's doing a move with 6frames of startup. Your d3 blocked is -8.

So the window to punish is 8 frames. But since his startup is 6 frames he gets an extra2 frames to make an error in timing which helps with consistency.

I don't play to many sektors but from my experience many players I've played are very baitable (not sure if that's a word). If mileenas footies game is on point it's gonna be hard for Sektor to do anything.

Sektor fastest combo starter can be ducked-1,2(can't duck the b+1) so that's very easy to punish, so I try to block low to avoid the combo starter 1,2,b1 and b3,4

I try my best not to jump against Sektor cause his AAs are very good...he can punish her specials with no problem what so ever, so use specials wisely

I don't play to many sektors but from my experience many players I've played are very baitable (not sure if that's a word). If mileenas footies game is on point it's gonna be hard for Sektor to do anything.

Sektor fastest combo starter can be ducked-1,2(can't duck the b+1) so that's very easy to punish, so I try to block low to avoid the combo starter 1,2,b1 and b3,4

I try my best not to jump against Sektor cause his AAs are very good...he can punish her specials with no problem what so ever, so use specials wisely

Sektor has better footsies than mileena. He wins this match handily if played patiently.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Question:

Does anyone know how many frames it takes to recover from a blocked ball roll // tele-uppercut? They both kind of rotate helplessly in the air after a block but does one recover faster than the other?

Question:

Does anyone know how many frames it takes to recover from a blocked ball roll // tele-uppercut? They both kind of rotate helplessly in the air after a block but does one recover faster than the other?

Mileenas roll recovers as soon as her feet hit the ground. Any other teleport will have recovery frames when they land so you can full combo punish

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

On block, She can't do anything but Uppercut to punish it.

But her Teleport can stuff his, both normal and EX.