Tomb Raider

So how did everyone think about the new and rebooted Tomb Raider that came out this past Tuesday?

To me, the story and scenery is beautiful and I like the direction Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix are going with the story concerning Lara's origins from a sweet and innocent archaeologist to a hardened globetrotter and survivor.

You'll can also talk abotu the past Tomb Raider games like the ones from the PS1 era towards the ones released that tweaked the 1st Tomb Raider game.

FlawlessVictor

I did like the original Tomb Raider back in the day. However, the control scheme of the early games are hard to get back to. Quick time events notwithstanding, Tomb Raider Anniversary brought more intuitive controls and faster combat while retaining puzzle-solving and exploration of the original.

The newest iteration of Tomb was something I want to pick up, but I'll have to wait due to recent expenses.

Last edited:

rodss

I'm really impresse by this game, surely one of my favorites of the year, maybe cuz i enjoy action games. i didnt really play the older ones, another time ill check them out, as for this one i really like the setting, cold and interesting, the story looks good too altough i dont think its the main sweet thing of the game, specially since we got lara as the best sweet thing, HA. gameplay is very well done and easy, maybe the only thing is that there is a lot of fights and well i tough lara was still green so it kind of ruin the flow that the game let you start with, altough yeah i guess fights are fun to play. Graphics are gourgious specially on the PC, tough i lags a bit, waiting for a fix. Overall im really enjoying this game so far, apart from stealth it has my favorite genre and Tomb Raider is good at it. Can wait to keep playing and see what Cristal Dynamics got for the future.

I think I'm almost done with the game so far. It's not an easy game, but it was fun especially silently killing those stranded fanatic cults. The story is definitely getting more intense as the game goes on.

Jade

Holy fck, this game is addictive.

I traded in some games yesterday and got this and Max Payne 3 for a total of $23. Played until around 11pm last night, woke up at 5am, started playing it again, figured at 11am I should let my PS3 rest for a bit, going to start up again in about an hour.

This game is like Uncharted and Resident Evil put together. You will get the heavy Uncharted influence especially (which is kinda funny because Uncharted 3 was one of the games I traded in, lol) and the Resident Evil feel just comes from some creepy ass monster dude. I have only run in to one so far so not sure if there are more. Thankfully, I didn't have to fight him, but, I am wondering if he comes around for that later....

Anyway, I was never a big TR fan. Played a few of the older ones, they were meh, but, this reboot, wow, I will definitely stick to the series from now on.

The scenery is amazing, the story is great, a bow with flame arrows? YES PLEASE.

There are some really tough parts. One particular part, you are in a fast flowing river, and you have to avoid getting hit in the throat by these huge spears stuck in various places....and you are going so fast, you literally don't see them...at all....until it's in your throat....

Game is so awesome, though.

Ethereal90

^ I played a few the older games too and never really got into the games or the character, but I love her character in this reboot.

The only parts that gave me trouble in this game were some of the gun fights, because i suck aiming.

Jade

I am almost 50% done. This game is absolutely taking over my life.

I get a big Wesker vibe from Whitman. I just recently passed a part that made me question that, though....

Spoiler:
He is always disappearing somewhere, like Wesker did. He has that UH, YOU GO ON AHEAD, I WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT HERE and then he's gone....so it seemed like he was up to something, but then he was caught by Mathias and I wonder if it's legit or if he really is in on it.

Also, anyone else think Alex looks like Harry Potter from a distance? lulz

lariat

I beat it about a week ago its real fun considering I never really liked the older tomb raider games so good job on crystal dynamics part but yeah like everyone here has already stated its very uncharted. I won't spoil the ending but I really love the tribute to Lara of old at the end. My only nitpicks would be the quick time events during certain cinematic scenes resulting in cheap deaths IMO but other than that the game itself is well done. I give it a 8 out of 10 it's not quite uncharted 2 amazing but it's definitely better than anything I've played from Tomb Raider.

Holy fck, this game is addictive.

I traded in some games yesterday and got this and Max Payne 3 for a total of $23. Played until around 11pm last night, woke up at 5am, started playing it again, figured at 11am I should let my PS3 rest for a bit, going to start up again in about an hour.

This game is like Uncharted and Resident Evil put together. You will get the heavy Uncharted influence especially (which is kinda funny because Uncharted 3 was one of the games I traded in, lol) and the Resident Evil feel just comes from some creepy ass monster dude. I have only run in to one so far so not sure if there are more. Thankfully, I didn't have to fight him, but, I am wondering if he comes around for that later....

Anyway, I was never a big TR fan. Played a few of the older ones, they were meh, but, this reboot, wow, I will definitely stick to the series from now on.

The scenery is amazing, the story is great, a bow with flame arrows? YES PLEASE.

There are some really tough parts. One particular part, you are in a fast flowing river, and you have to avoid getting hit in the throat by these huge spears stuck in various places....and you are going so fast, you literally don't see them...at all....until it's in your throat....

Game is so awesome, though.

Yeah. That particular reason now everyone likes the rebooted Tomb Raider is mainly because of the fact that everyone can now relate to this Lara Croft. She have gone through a lot of struggle to get where she needed to be. The origins and character development they put into the game seems to be very well thought out, especially her relationship with the other survivors in the game (Roth, Reyes, Sam, etc.).

@Ethereal90
Yeah. Unless you are proficient at shooting games, if you haven't beaten it, it's gonna get harder as it progresses on. Plus, there's a lot of stealth elements in the game.

And multiplayer is alright. It's just gotta take getting used to, especially since it involves a lot of team coordination to get a lot of team victories.

Jade

Finished it the other night, fcking AMAZING game from start to finish!

Just enjoying the open world and finishing off the challenges. I am almost done all of them, just working on the annoying minesweeper one and then I have two more other challenges to finish, which I just need to shoot one more thing for both, and then I am complete on all challenges.

Such a fun game, highly recommend it, especially if you enjoy games like Uncharted.