The REAL Question..

bmsirhc

Story is superb and always has been. Thats always been the big plus of the MK series. Fight engine on the other hand has been lacking since MK2-UMK3. But from the demo and videos released, it looks pretty solid.

Graphics and sounds looks spot on. Game content, fatalities, secrets are all perfect so that leaves us with one question left: Hows the NETCODE for online play.

Most games these days are internet play depended in terms of replay value. Now that MK seems to want to pursue a more Competitive and tournament style of game, internet will play a huge roll with the success of this game. Lets face it, how often does one go out to local tournaments with Mortal Kombat? Hopefully with the success of this game, we will start to see that happen more often similar to the game scene of Street Fighter and MvC3 and the likes. I think having a strong Netcode and online play will put this game on the right track.

Very unfortunate we couldnt get an online match up on the demo to see how the netcode is. I truly hope this game supersedes or at least gets on par with Street Fighter competitively. Glad it made it to EVO, I hope it takes over it.

The demo is older code that doesn't have netcode and the majority of the studio was dedicated to making the main game even better. Putting netplay into the demo would have delayed the main game further.