The NX is announced. The good, bad, or ugly about Mortal Kombat??

First of all let me say I'm a Nintendo only gamer. So it would be nice to have an mk game on the NX.

I played UMK like hell on the ds while it still had wifi.

The good: umk3 comes to the NX and plays well.

The bad: no mortal Kombat can come to the NX??

The ugly: a mortal Kombat comes to the NX and it flops.

Just remember that you can connect the NX to the tv. It also has two detachable controllers.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

First of all let me say I'm a Nintendo only gamer. So it would be nice to have an mk game on the NX.

I played UMK like hell on the ds while it still had wifi.

The good: umk3 comes to the NX and plays well.

The bad: no mortal Kombat can come to the NX??

The ugly: a mortal Kombat comes to the NX and it flops.

Just remember that you can connect the NX to the tv. It also has two detachable controllers.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

To be as realistic as possible...when Pigs fly.
The last big budget MK Game to be released on a Nintendo Console was MK Armageddon. And that was because the Wii was a bit more powerful than the PS2. If they can barely make a working product on the PC which has no type of gimmick attached to it, there is absolutely no way that WB will be able to hire someone capable enough to port working a next-gen Mortal Kombat game onto the NX.

Now if they want to port a Remake of one of the Trilogy Games (possibly MK1 or MK2) then maybe they'll bring it to the NX. Otherwise, doubtful.

I was originally excited for the NX, but I will remain cautiously optimistic.
I don't know enough about the system or its game lineup.

With it supposedly being more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One like they claim it to be. It would be a shame not to make mature rated games on it like Mortal Kombat 11 or horror games such as Resident Evil and Gears Of War or action games such as Call Of Duty and Max Payne. They are so many things they can do with this system but mostly the last 10 years or so Nintendo only made games for kids and that is about it. I just don't want this system to disappoint us.

Last edited:
Nintendo never made M-rated games to begin with, or at least not anything noteworthy. It was all up to the 3rd party developers to make those kinds of games for a Nintendo console, and 3rd party support in general is what Nintendo has been struggling with.

I'll buy it for the 2 or 3 games that are actually worth anything, then let it collect dust like the past 2 Nintendo consoles I had

I'll buy it for the 2 or 3 games that are actually worth anything, then let it collect dust like the past 2 Nintendo consoles I had

I'm in the same boat. My Wii U collects dust. The last game on it I really enjoyed was bayonetta 2. I tried to get into skyward sword but the waggle controls are terrible IMO. Despite this I'm always rooting for Nintendo ( It's my childhood after all ) and I hope NX pulls me back in.

I dunno.
The last Nintendo console that I bought for 2 or 3 games was GameCube, and I regretted ever doing that just for a few games.
Since then I buy consoles that I intend to get a good use out of.
As it is, my Sega Genesis is the classic console that I have collecting dust.
Every so often I'll fire it up and play, but I don't play it like I play my PS4.