The NRS patching system is flawed

TedMoon

For Xbox anyway.

Patches don't download - you only access them online so you get a different game experience offline.

I think they are releasing patches this way so they can avoid having to send it to Microsoft for evaluation, thus eliminating a week or two in the whole process. A simple fix would be to have the game at tournaments be connected online, but then played offline, if that makes sense.

Because you're an idiot. It affects people who actually play the game.

I highly doubt they are going to keep it so that you have to be signed onto Xbox Live/PSN in order to get these updates, like someone above said it is probably the amount of time that it takes to send it to Microsoft or whoever is in charge of the patching process. Hell, I've been out of PSN for days now because of the outage. I'm just saying I doubt it's something to get all arms up in panic about, especially in this early stage of game release.

I highly doubt they are going to keep it so that you have to be signed onto Xbox Live/PSN in order to get these updates, like someone above said it is probably the amount of time that it takes to send it to Microsoft or whoever is in charge of the patching process. Hell, I've been out of PSN for days now because of the outage. I'm just saying I doubt it's something to get all arms up in panic about, especially in this early stage of game release.

I think you're missing the point. Read the link provided for a better explanation.

I think you're missing the point. Read the link provided for a better explanation.

I did, mostly. It's a shame for the tournaments that don't hook up all their consoles to the internet, and I learned that it won't affect me and the PS3 community, but like the people in that thread I think NRS will release a "real patch" that will make these changes permanent every so often instead of stealth updates. Unless there was something else you wanted me to look it? I didn't read the whole thing. Probably a bug, actually.

How does this make it flawed ? And it doesnt REALLY matter - 4 % Damage difference . And if its only online and your playing ONLINE against people then everyone ONLINE will have the patch . And for Tournaments it wont really matter because its only 4% damage difference . If its a MAJOR update or patch it will be online and offline . This patch isnt major

How does this make it flawed ? And it doesnt REALLY matter - 4 % Damage difference . And if its only online and your playing ONLINE against people then everyone ONLINE will have the patch . And for Tournaments it wont really matter because its only 4% damage difference . If its a MAJOR update or patch it will be online and offline . This patch isnt major

This. In fact, it's probably a glitch/bug considering that it only affects the Xbox Live users and not the PSN users.

I did, mostly. It's a shame for the tournaments that don't hook up all their consoles to the internet, and I learned that it won't affect me and the PS3 community, but like the people in that thread I think NRS will release a "real patch" that will make these changes permanent every so often instead of stealth updates. Unless there was something else you wanted me to look it? I didn't read the whole thing. Probably a bug, actually.

@Bold, It may not affect you (personally) but you can not speak in behalf of the PS3 community. What if a person practiced a certain combo hours upon hours for perfection only to have the move priorities changed the next day without public notice? Then you have the said person scratching their head, thinking they are crazy because now they either:

a. cant do the same combo anymore
b. does less/more damage as before

Have you looked at the Official guide for MK9? They purposely did not include frame information because they plan to change it in the future for balance/bug issues. ALL changes should be posted for everyone's awareness.

You stated that you think that NRS will release a "real patch" that will address the changes, I hope they do. But thats all there is to it is hoping. Any changes should at least be addressed for our knowledge.

Edit: Reading the two posts above makes me believe you guys dont have the idea behind the problem within this topic. Read the link I provided above, its beyond you as it affects everyone who wants to play this game adeptly.

-Also, for the record, I have a ps3 and this issue affects me greatly.

From the link that you gave us above,

So yeah, after testing it on PS3 (turning off my router, and disabling the internet connection, followed by turning off the PS3 then turning it back on again and testing) I can confirm that the issue of the updates not being saved is purely an XBox 360 issue as all the changes made before PSN went down are saved.

I guess I'm not understanding this correctly, then?

So will the "hot fixes" be applied to the core game files? IE, once you've been online/connected and have received the hotfix will it apply to offline play when disconnected?

If hotfixes only alter online gamefiles I could see potential cause for concern...

From the link that you gave us above,

I guess I'm not understanding this correctly, then?

Read my whole post and answer the whole thing, not just the question that was directed at you. You completely ignored the whole point just to answer the question directed at you -.-

Again, this problem is beyond YOU.

Read my whole post and answer the whole thing, not just the question that was directed at you. You completely ignored the whole point just to answer the question directed at you -.-

Again, this problem is beyond YOU.

I did read. And I agree... mostly. Maybe I was a little unwise in choosing my words to mean "me and the PS3 community," thanks for picking on that.

And so far I'm trying to understand this issue as I do not not grasp a very good understanding of it, and so far you've called me an idiot and say I clearly don't understand. But oh well, what am I gonna do? :p

EDIT: NRS will not disappoint us by refusing to fix minor issues in the stellar game they've produced so far, believe that.

Also, the guide sucks ass. They SHOULD have included frame/damage information even if it was getting changed.

@Bold, It may not affect you (personally) but you can not speak in behalf of the PS3 community. What if a person practiced a certain combo hours upon hours for perfection only to have the move priorities changed the next day without public notice? Then you have the said person scratching their head, thinking they are crazy because now they either:

a. cant do the same combo anymore
b. does less/more damage as before

Have you looked at the Official guide for MK9? They purposely did not include frame information because they plan to change it in the future for balance/bug issues. ALL changes should be posted for everyone's awareness.

You stated that you think that NRS will release a "real patch" that will address the changes, I hope they do. But thats all there is to it is hoping. Any changes should at least be addressed for our knowledge.

Edit: Reading the two posts above makes me believe you guys dont have the idea behind the problem within this topic. Read the link I provided above, its beyond you as it affects everyone who wants to play this game adeptly.

-Also, for the record, I have a ps3 and this issue affects me greatly.

As Kelsper said... So? Everyday somebody finds something new to cry about. You want to talk about us not caring because we dpn't play the game "adeptly". Well... if you are relying on a single combo to win your matches, you aren't that great of a player anyways. It's called adapting and adjusting to whatever is thrown at you. Unless they completely screw over the combo system, I'm not going to cry about minor combo differences.

Not to mention. Prior to release people were *****ing and whining about juggles and infinites and not wanting them in the game, so now when NRS is going to fix them, people are still *****ing and whining.

As Kelsper said... So? Everyday somebody finds something new to cry about. You want to talk about us not caring because we dpn't play the game "adeptly". Well... if you are relying on a single combo to win your matches, you aren't that great of a player anyways. It's called adapting and adjusting to whatever is thrown at you. Unless they completely screw over the combo system, I'm not going to cry about minor combo differences.

Not to mention. Prior to release people were *****ing and whining about juggles and infinites and not wanting them in the game, so now when NRS is going to fix them, people are still *****ing and whining.

Not going to waste my time with you. I'll just quote someone from a MK tournament stream:

"The question whether MK will be tournament worthy or not is not answered by the game but by its fan base." Good day, stay free.

Last edited:
Im almost 100% positive that Microsoft is going to make NRS submit a permament patch for testing instead of continually allowing them to release hot fixes, which is why the hot fixes only last temporarily on the Xbox and not the PS3. I don't know Sony's policy, but I know from reading the Homefront forums that all patches have to go through Microsoft for testing, and that the reason it took such a long time for a patch to come out was because Microsoft took a long time reviewing the patch, which is something that NRS probably wants to avoid.

I did read. And I agree... mostly. Maybe I was a little unwise in choosing my words to mean "me and the PS3 community," thanks for picking on that.

And so far I'm trying to understand this issue as I do not not grasp a very good understanding of it, and so far you've called me an idiot and say I clearly don't understand. But oh well, what am I gonna do? :p

EDIT: NRS will not disappoint us by refusing to fix minor issues in the stellar game they've produced so far, believe that.

Also, the guide sucks ass. They SHOULD have included frame/damage information even if it was getting changed.

lol ok I apologize for calling you an idiot because you're not but saying "so?" to a significant problem just twitched my nerves a bit.

lol ok I apologize for calling you an idiot because you're not but saying "so?" to a significant problem just twitched my nerves a bit.

True, I'm sarcastic a lot of the time.

But this is a not huge significant problem as much as the game freezing or laggy online. But it is a still a problem, I see, especially if it divides some PS3/Xbox players with differences in patching. Me and FuBi0 found differences between Kabal combo damages in another thread when we were doing the same combo, me on PS3, he was on Xbox360.

I hope what BigM3atL3gacy said is correct.