The Mortal Kombat Trilogy Restoration Agency

tmktra

Dear fellow Mortal Kombat Fans and friends. I come to you to get your support for The Mortal Kombat Trilogy Restoration Agency. My goal, that I hope to make our goal, is to demonstrate to Midway through online petitions that the Mortal Kombat Fan Base is interested in purchasing a restored, enhanced, and final version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy for our Personal Computers that would be purchasable and downloadable from the internet. Mortal Kombat Trilogy was intended to pay homage as the pinnacle of all 2D Mortal Kombat Fighting Games. It was to be the end all 2D Mortal Kombat Fighter. The game is great, and don't get me wrong I love it dearly, but it is far from the dream it desired to reach. Many of the features the game could have, should have, and would have had; it does not have. It is my goal to unite the Mortal Kombat Fan Base and demonstrate to Midway that if they made this updated version that there is still a strong fallowing of this decade old game that would be willing to purchase it and that it would not be a waste of their money. In time, I will set up my home page and petition page. I will list, and continue to add to that list, all the enhancements the restored version should have. Please reply with your thoughts, feelings, and suggestions. Your input is worthwhile. After all if this dream is to come to pass, it must have the united support of the fan base.

Last edited:
This is The Komprehensive List of Restorations that need to be made to Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

1 Arcade Perfect: This game is to be Arcade Perfect in every way. There is to be no shrinking of the graphic resolution or dulling down of the engine. This game is to play as slick as the Arcade version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on our Personal Computers.

2 Kharacters: The game is to have all thirty two characters selectable from the start. The Four Alternate Kharacters should also be in the game. The game will also have both Chameleon and Khameleon. A new exclusive Kharacter will be created for the game. He will be a robotic version of Noob Saibot. He will be a black and dark grey Cybernetic Ninja and will have all the moves of the Cybernetic Ninjas constantly accessible. He will also have a new move called, "black out." This will work just like invisibility except that instead of you going invisible, the whole screen goes black. This is down by holding Block and pressing Back then Forward.

3 Kombat Zones: This game will have every 2D Mortal Kombat Kombat Zone. The Hall of Heroes will be done with the poses of the new versions of the characters. Anything with Shang Tsung in the background will be replaced with Shao Kahn. This is important because many Kombat Zones are missing from Mortal Kombat One and Mortal Kombat 3.

4 The Pit 2: The Pit Two will now have a stage fatality. Realizing that the original fatality can not be practically replicated, a new one will be devised out of resources we do have. My motto is something is better than nothing. Having a fatality that is different than the original is better than no fatality at all. One possibility is that the Kharacters could simply fall onto the flat surface spewing large amounts of blood. Midway could take the blue granite background from Mortal Kombat Two that the Kharacters fell onto and stretch that out long ways for the floor. Then, they could fall, flail, then use the laying down sprites.

5 Kitana's Fan Swipe: For one reason or another from Mortal Kombat Two to Ultimate Mortal Kombat Three Kitana lost her Fan Swipe movie. I see no reason why with the sprites in her Fan Decapitation Fatality, combined with the mechanics of Baraka's Blade Swipe, Kitana's Fan Swipe could not be restored.

6 Johnny Cage Nut Crunch: Due to the fact that Johnny Cage did not take part in Mortal Kombat Three or Ultimate Mortal Kombat Three no sprite sets were created so that the Kharacters would react to the Johnny Cage Nut Crunch. When Johnny Cage returned in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, he did so sans the famous move. I realize, once again, that it is impractical to create the sprites needed to have the move as it originally was. However, Johnny cage could still do the move using existing resources. When the move is executed, Johnny Cage could use his sprites for a Duck and Low Punch. Shadows can then, well, Shadow his movement like in his Shadow Kick. The opponent being hit, instead of the traditional reaction, can use the sprites for when the Kharacters falls completely backwards from standing up. In this way, the move can still exist. Once again, something is better than nothing.

7 Online Play: One thing that was lacking in the game was online play. I see no reason, especially after Mortal Kombat Deception and Mortal Kombat Armageddon, that Mortal Kombat Trilogy could not go online. Network play should still be present. Also, the ability to configure two Personal Computer Controls on Game Pads and Joy Sticks should be possible.

8 Replay Saves: An important part of winning a battle is bragging rights. A savable replay would allow fans to save a replay of the game so that they could exhibit their victory, or in some cases, learn from their loss. They should save as independent files.

9 Screen Shot Hot Key: Many people enjoy taking pictures of games they play. Also, people also like to create their own artwork from pictures they have taken from within the game. That is why a Hot Key for taking Screen Shots of the game should be implemented.

10 Kharacter Bios: While it is true that most characters do in fact have Kharacter Bios, some do not. Every Kharacter should have a Kharacter Bio both in the Attract Screen and in the Ending. This includes the Four Alternate Kharacters. Their Bios should stay the same but have different pictures in them. After all, they are different versions of the same Kharacter.

11 Arcade Mini Games: The various Arcade Mini Games should be in the game and selectable.

12 Tournament Later: There should be Single Player. However, Multiplayer should exist on the Single Computer, Networked Computers, and over the Internet with One on One, Two on Two, Three on Three, Eight Point Tournament, then an Unlimited or a Number Hugely More Then Eight Point Tournament.

13 Audio: All Audio Tracks should be present and match with their Kombat Zones.

Last edited:
welcome to trmk!

you know what i got mkt for the ps1 and it looks like crap. the fighters for some reason are too tall, the graphics are screwed up, audio is missing, gameplay is slow, and the props are enlarged to the point where resolution downfall is visible and it looks jagged, pixelated and types of weird shmuck. i have the premium edition of mka where they got the umk3 demo and it is just a copy of mkt with less fighters and arenas. you could tell they just edited it because of the jagged edges. so i want the smoothest graphics, straight from the arcade cabinets, as smooth as the graphics in the mk2 demo featured in mksm. so i will join your parade, not only for the pc but for us loyal sony fans as well.

Also, if this game is to be remade, please balance bosses. Every time I ould pick them in PS version, I would winagainst other players, mostly with flawless victory. I will join as well, cause I owuld love o see it emastered.

If they were to make an Ultimate MKII I'd snatch it up. But I dislike the entire MK3 series of games. Crappy fatalities (mostly), atrocious coding errors and the worst gibbing I've ever seen (who has 3 legs!?)...I say let it die in peace (peaceful for me).

Also, leave character creation to the professionals. (A cyber-noob? get real.)

I would love to see it looking better and smoother,as many said,I have it on ps and the graphics are choppy,still fun,but more things need to be added to it.

If they were to make an Ultimate MKII I'd snatch it up. But I dislike the entire MK3 series of games. Crappy fatalities (mostly), atrocious coding errors and the worst gibbing I've ever seen (who has 3 legs!?)...I say let it die in peace (peaceful for me).

Also, leave character creation to the professionals. (A cyber-noob? get real.)

Well, as with my post in the other thread, we obviously disagree on what makes MK great because we both hold 2 and 3 in different regard and they are apposite of each other. You love 2, I love 3. That makes as opposite of each other. Also, a temporary, "cyber-noob," would make sense. It would explain how Noob Saibot was able to team up with Smoke in MKD, that way their alliance in MKD wouldn't be as out of place and random as it is. Also, the cyber ninja pallet is the only pallete that didn't get a combination kombatant. Why make one for the male ninja and the female ninja then not make one for the cyber ninja? Also, so much attention is being paid to UMK3 because it was the last of the arcade 2D. Why not MKT? MKT wasn't in the arcade, but considering it is just an expansion to UMK3, one that completes it, it should be the one getting the attention and not MKT.

I couldn't agree more. The 3 games based on the MK3 engine are the worst of the 2-D MK's.

I don't agree. MK3 Added WAY better graphics. It added MUCH needed speed. And, it added Dail a Combo, which, is FAR more realistic and better that what came before. MK 1's graphics were, good for the time, but absolutely atrosiouse by today's standard's. MK2's graphics weren't much better. They still felt sketch book, fantasy, in no way once so ever realistic. Both MK1 and 2's Combo System was choppy, at best. And both engines played way too slow. Both engines pale completely to today's stantards, and are not timeless. At least the MK3 engine is timelss and can hold its own even today. I despise MK3. But, I love UMK3 and MKT. MKT has all the charaters, plus the content from MK1 and 2. The content even plays better in 3.

I don't agree. MK3 Added WAY better graphics. It added MUCH needed speed. And, it added Dail a Combo, which, is FAR more realistic and better that what came before. MK 1's graphics were, good for the time, but absolutely atrosiouse by today's standard's. MK2's graphics weren't much better. They still felt sketch book, fantasy, in no way once so ever realistic. Both MK1 and 2's Combo System was choppy, at best. And both engines played way too slow. Both engines pale completely to today's stantards, and are not timeless. At least the MK3 engine is timelss and can hold its own even today. I despise MK3. But, I love UMK3 and MKT. MKT has all the charaters, plus the content from MK1 and 2. The content even plays better in 3.

I take back that ignorant comment. I was drinking stupid juice when I posted that.

Okay anyone got more info on these guys beyond the YouTube page? This is VERY cool.

Answered my own question, the guys from UltimateMK.com made it. Which is an awesome site too BTW. Tim do you have Dreemer's email? I'd like to shoot him an email about what he's doing. Maybe get a feature story here on it.

I dont have his email, but if you go to UltimateMK.com, go to message board, choose General Discussion, there is a thread stickied near the top about this project.

(Sorry, I cant copy and paste on a PS3 :( sorry!!!)

I dont have his email, but if you go to UltimateMK.com, go to message board, choose General Discussion, there is a thread stickied near the top about this project.

(Sorry, I cant copy and paste on a PS3 :( sorry!!!)

Yeah that's where I found out more about the project. It's very sweet. I was going to do an MK game clone for the iPhone, but then I realized the touch screen is not good for an fighting game. I played MKDA on the GBA emulator, and it's just not as responsive as I'd like. I then tried MKT again to torture myself and I cheered when the emulator wouldn't run it.

I don't think Dreemer is going to continue working towards a complete MKT but I have been contacted by someone else who might want to take over that part eventually. More on that as it developes.