The Hardcore Punk thread.

RyanRagnarok

Obvious topic is obvious.
Talk about Hardcore Punk bands here, discuss your favorites, the subgenres, and recent hardcore shows you've been to.
(Hardcore Punk is not Asking Alexandria, The Devil Wears Prada or the like. Hardcore Punk is Black Flag, Bad Brains, MDC, etc.)

Also, if a mod doesn't like the placement of this thread or the fact that it exists, then by all means delete it.

I will be adding youtube videos/myspace pages/etc as this thread grows.
Anyone who cares to help can, and may if they actually know what they're talking about.

I could rape this thread with 30 years of bands. But I'm going to take this opportunity to plug some great bands that need to be heard.

Australian hardcore -

Other -

Currently listening -

Will add more later.

EDIT:
Everyone celebrate my 653rd post! :laugh:

Last edited:
Miles Away are awesome! Here's another sweet Aussie band:

50 Lions - Time Is The Enemy

And this is one of my all time favourite bands:

Battery - Only The Diehard Remain

I've actually been listening to Bad Brains a lot again lately. Can't wait for the new doco on them.

Edit:
If a mod doesn't like this thread they can fight me over it!

Last edited:
Ah, no, someone did suggest them to me recently though. I definitely need to check them out. They're a Melbourne band aren't they?

Unfortunately, Battery split up in '98, but they are still one of my favourite bands ever. Pretty much everyone in the HC scene in Europe and the US has mad respect for that band and rightfully so. I don't think I've seen any other band live as much as them. Makes me feel old sometimes... :p

Also, as an aside, I'm a huge Noob fan too.

Edit:
These are some of my best friends in Belgium with their band Violent City:

Violent City - Growing Pains

Last edited:
@Turn_Into_Ghosts Toe to Toe are an old Sydney band actually. First hardcore band I ever saw, at age 12. Thought you might know them since you've got a few years on me, haha.
My favorite band ever is Pennywise, they got me into music in the first place so I'll always be fond of them. I got to see H20 for the first time last week as well, such a great show.
And if you're a huge Noob fan, feel free to use the sig I made :)

@MikeRib I was a huge fan of The Exploited when I was a kid. Used to have a rare Live vinyl of theirs, and still have a whole bunch of patches somewhere.

Last edited:
These guys are sellouts, but this whole album is one of my all time favorites:

A Pittsburgh favorite:

@Turn_Into_Ghosts
@MikeRib I was a huge fan of The Exploited when I was a kid. Used to have a rare Live vinyl of theirs, and still have a whole bunch of patches somewhere.
I like new Exploited better, but it is more metal than anything.

To the mods: sorry about the f-words here. I can take the vids down if you want.

@Jarvis: I am certain you would like Tragedy.

You'd probably like this too, ex-Aus-Rotten members:

Thank you guys!
I have created a monster haha.
It's nice to see others who listen to the same stuff I do.
Especially Defeater! I had no idea how many people knew they even existed.
I'm actually going to see them April 10th :D

I think everyone needs to know about this band as well though;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juUI7p6dns0
Dangers!

@Turn_Into_Ghosts Toe to Toe are an old Sydney band actually. First hardcore band I ever saw, at age 12. Thought you might know them since you've got a few years on me, haha.
My favorite band ever is Pennywise, they got me into music in the first place so I'll always be fond of them. I got to see H20 for the first time last week as well, such a great show.
And if you're a huge Noob fan, feel free to use the sig I made :)

Myeah, I do have a few years on you, but I'm not from Australia, originally. I'm Belgian myself and back then, I don't think anyone ever knew of any Aus bands. ^^ H2O is friggin awesome live. I was not happy to find out I had work on the night they played here with Terror. Ah well, next time.
I've never been a fan of The Exploited and definitely never liked The Sex Pistols. I know I'll get shit for this but that's how it is. :p BRING IT!

Bad Brains - Sailin On

I think I'm going to name drop a couple of my friends bands.
http://www.myspace.com/ironwill < these guys are from Augusta, Georgia and make some melodic hardcore and are all really nice dudes. Used to hang out at their vocalists house like every day. Recently singed to Blood and Ink Records.
http://www.myspace.com/backfliphardcore < These guys hail from the beautiful state of California and make posi-hardcore. Also really nice dudes. Talked to their (now ex-) vocalist Zach Lee a lot and he has sent me both their Eps.

This song is in honor of MK. Lyrics fit perfect.

Murder, all guts, all fun
All murder, all guts, all fun

A kick in the head, a gouged out eye
Your intestines explode and your eyeballs pop
And the taste of your blood will drive me on
You see I get what I want, and I want when you bleed
'Cause the things I can cause have the seal of the dead
In humanity's fading glow

All Murder, All Guts, All Fun

Whose little arms encircle me to make me think of love
Whose supple body aims to be a limbless bloody stump
Do you, do you, do you realize