Tanya in MKX?

We all have African ancestry, even the palest people in Finland have African ancestry. That wasn't what I meant sorry. I meant is that Oceanic people (Southern Pacific islands) are not "African" per se or mixed with Africans with recent events such as colonialism. This is a fact, those people were there looong before Europeans even dared to cross the sea and take slaves with them. Now, obviously, like every part of the world, you will find people mixed with Europeans, Africans, Asians and so on...

Yes, everyone has African ancestry. Dark-skinned people have the most African ancestry. No matter where they live in the world. It's not hard rot understand facts.

Well, after seeing the first picture of Tanya in MKX, I don't think the color of her skin has to be a problem (and honestly, as for Jade, I don't care if she's black, yellow or white skin as long as she comes from Edenia...).
In my opinion, I think that the main problem here is her face. I know that NRS doesn't know how to make female face (and body, just look at her shoulders...) but, here, they just supassed themselves :/ (crossed eyes, man jaw, little mouth, eyebrows too much close to the eyes...)
I mean, we're in 2015 and they still not able to do better female faces than Namco in 2005....

The costume itself is nice but, as for a lot of other characters (J. Cage, Kitana, Mileena...), the modifications are so(too ?) huge compared to her previous attires that I can barely reconize the original character. Not a fan of the aesthetic of this MK (not enough "klassic" for my taste) but, well, that's only my opinion...

Note: sorry for my broken english ^^

Tanya is very sexy in Deception even though they didn't make her show too much skin. Her top in X is strange, but passable, I just feel long hair fits her much better. If I knew for sure DLC character had alternate costume, I wouldn't worry too much.

One good thing: she has no longer white eyes (which was beyond ridiculous).

Tanya's costume! YES! Finally a topic worth talking about!

I honestly did not expect her to look the way she does in the Kombat Pack trailer, but I don't hate it. My favourite is indeed her MKD costume, I think it is so stylish and a unique take on the "Edenian leotard" look.

Her MKX look with the top, those gloves with the bangles, the necklace and the hint of a sarong (the cloth she has hanging from her hip) gives her a very Egyptian/Persian look, and I think it looks good on her. It's different, yes, and for that sole reason there are people who won't like it.

But I am kinda glad NRS took that step. Like the MK ninja palette-swap characters, I like for them to step away from that palette-swap look as far as possible - which Ermac has fully succeeded in doing - and in the same way did I want Tanya to step away from the female MK ninja look, because she was NEVER a "ninja" character. But people easily waved her off as a "Kitana clone" just because Kitana was planned to be in MK4 at first, but then the MK team decided they would rather have a new female character, and instead of starting from scratch, they used what they had for Kitana and changed that to become Tanya.

If that was enough to be a Kitana clone, ALL the female characters in MK9 are Kitana clones as they shared the same body model. Hell, most of the male characters shared the same body model as well. Come to think of it, that's a common thing throughout the entire series, even the trilogy games as some of the same actors played several of the characters. So with that fact in mind, I don't find it fair to call Tanya a Kitana clone for that reason.

But now Tanya has stepped completely away from that by not wearing a leotard. And I rather like that. I will reserve my final judgement about Tanya's looks for when we have seen her full and final model. But from what we've seen, I like it.

As for her white eyes, I actually didn't mind those. The white eyes makes the characters look otherworldly, and if Tanya is indeed becoming a female sorceress character, I could accept that as a reason for her getting white eyes. I don't mind either way though, I draw her with purple eyes (as a hint to her purple flames), but whatever they decide for her eye-colour to be will be alright for me. I would just prefer if they didn't become brown, as I find that very common and, literally, generic (as most in the world have brown eyes).

after watching NRS redesigns for Mileena and Kitana, i feel 100% that they will knock it out of the park with Tanya. ALso i truly believe that her skin is lighter because of the lighting and being unfinished.
i am truly excited to have her back in the mix.

I still want Tanya to have some kind of skirt/dress like in her Deception costume and I believe she will because it makes sense with her top. No other female in X has a "skirt" type of costume so I would like Tanya's outfit to have that - since it does fit the Egyptian vibe, which is very feminine and it does fit her, since she's no ninja, nor an Assassin, she's more like a sorceress of black magic and that's exactly how I imagine her.

The problem with her hair - yes, she does indeed look like Cleopatra (this in itself is not a problem, because Egypt was for many centuries controlled by sub-Saharan people and pharaohs were as black as coal), but her eyes look very off! I don't like the shadows at all. I am fine with Tanya having dark thick eyeliner like Egyptian royalty used to have but the way they designed her in the trailer is awful. I hope - like they did with Cassie - that they reconsider her hair style choice and make-up. Obviously the man jaw is there, but every MK female starts that way.

Cassie looked AWFUL in the beginning and now she's fine. Kung Lao looked like a Mexican dude, now he's very Chinese looking. I am pretty sure they are still working on her.

how would you guys feel if she would float as her stance like ermac. a dress may restrict her movement?i have a feeling she getting a total redesign. maybe keeping her drill kick move only.

how would you guys feel if she would float as her stance like ermac. a dress may restrict her movement?i have a feeling she getting a total redesign. maybe keeping her drill kick move only.

I quite like her acrobatic kicks, so if they could implement them with her floating around, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's confirmed: Tanya will talk! I'm very excited.

2qtwzu1.jpg

As for her white eyes, I actually didn't mind those. The white eyes makes the characters look otherworldly, and if Tanya is indeed becoming a female sorceress character, I could accept that as a reason for her getting white eyes. I don't mind either way though, I draw her with purple eyes (as a hint to her purple flames), but whatever they decide for her eye-colour to be will be alright for me. I would just prefer if they didn't become brown, as I find that very common and, literally, generic (as most in the world have brown eyes).
I am expecting them to be brown and I want them to be brown. It just makes sense. I actually have hazel eyes (dark green and light brown) and I love dark brown eyes. In women, I particulary like almost black eyes. The eye colour for Edenians should be the same as for Earhtrealmers: blue, green and brown, and only brown fits Tanya IMO Egyptians also tend to have "Mediterranean eyes", honey coloured, so they may go with that shade. Going with purple to me is already too goofy and too cartoony. I like they have a realistic approach in terms of appearance for MK characters.

I am expecting them to be brown and I want them to be brown. It just makes sense. I actually have hazel eyes (dark green and light brown) and I love dark brown eyes. In women, I particulary like almost black eyes. The eye colour for Edenians should be the same as for Earhtrealmers: blue, green and brown, and only brown fits Tanya IMO Egyptians also tend to have "Mediterranean eyes", honey coloured, so they may go with that shade. Going with purple to me is already too goofy and too cartoony. I like they have a realistic approach in terms of appearance for MK characters.

I agree with this; I think that Tanya's eyes should most definitely be brown/amber.

I prefer the otherworldly look though, as Edenians are otherworldly people. Not humans.

Now that she is confirmed, how do you think she'll be integrated in future stories? NRS can reference the fact that she was Shao Kahns prisoner during the MK9 time period but i'm not sure if that would actually be considered canon. I'm sure she's aligned with Shinnok in the reboot also, not positive about that?

Now that she is confirmed, how do you think she'll be integrated in future stories? NRS can reference the fact that she was Shao Kahns prisoner during the MK9 time period but i'm not sure if that would actually be considered canon. I'm sure she's aligned with Shinnok in the reboot also, not positive about that?

Something tells me Tanya won't be in future installments. MKX would be the perfect game to have her on the main roster, but she only made it in as DLC. It doesn't warrant well for her.

And yes, I realize Kenshi was DLC in MK9 and is now on the main roster in MKX, but Ed Boon has expressed that he finds Kenshi his favourite of the 3D era characters, so I consider him a special case.

I think it all depends on how well received she is as DLC. Kenshi and Rain were very popular DLC online, hence why they are both in X with new designs (and still, Kenshi wears his already awesome MK2011 costume). If Tanya and Tremor are well received, I can definitely see them returning. Also, Boon named Tanya after one of his sisters, and she was annoyingly good in MK4, I doubt they will simply forget her, I simply don't see Boon disliking her. Remember she did get back in Deception, being the only MK4 character (besides Quan Chi) returning to 3D era at that point and the only one in Deception.

Let's hope her gameplay is awesome and unique and - ESPECIALLY - she is a tournament juggernaut.

Yes, i agree. Thats another reason why i hope they spend quality time exploring her moveset. Even if she is not a huge seller and is a favorite of tournament players , i feel she has a chance to be in future installments.

So here's a leaked image of Tanya in-game:

Spoiler:
9JaHy5Q.png

http://imgur.com/9JaHy5Q

She looks awesome, imo! It looks like she wears pants though, but I don't mind that at all. And it either looks like she indeed wears black on her clothes or maybe just a very dark purple which appears black in the shadows.