Tagging in at the end of combos sometimes even though I didn't hit L1...?

aj327

Is this a known issue? It's very annoying because I might just be about to freeze someone with subzero and then for no good reason my partner gets tagged in. At first we all thought we were just hitting L1 on accident, but it's happened enough times now that we're sure we don't push L1 during these unintentional tags. Does this happen to anyone else? This may have already been fixed...I don't have internet access for my PS3 where I am right now so I don't have any MK updates/patches. Hopefully it's already been fixed.

On a side note, does anyone know what the point of L2 is? I know it changes the stance of the character but is that something you ever need to do?...or is it just for flavor?

Could be a wonky controller, or it could be the dreaded autocorrect. For instance, Ermac's fireball will come out without having to hit the final button of the command if you do a JBP-BP-BP-Down and Back (making it unfathomably hard to pull off a followup levitate) and every so often I'll get certain matches where the X-Ray absolutely refuses to come out no matter how many times you hit the buttons. I have this on tape actually, you just see me mashing the X-Ray buttons from the middle of the round til the end and absolutely nothing comes out. Whether or not this is your issue is one thing, but there is definitely something strange going on.

I bet you're hitting 2 and 4 (that's Y+B on Xbox 360 or triangle + Square on PS3) at the same time. That tags someone in just like 1 and 3 (= X+A or Round+X) can be used to throw.

I bet you're hitting 2 and 4 (that's Y+B on Xbox 360 or triangle + Square on PS3) at the same time. That tags someone in just like 1 and 3 (= X+A or Round+X) can be used to throw.

this is the problem you are having.

you're not a button masher are you? :p@OP

my friend accidently tags me in all the time cuz he sorta mashes buttons lol.

I'm not a button masher. I notice it happens a lot when I do subzero's 22df3 (iceball), which is annoying because he tags out before the freeze which is the most important part. Since I'm only using my thumb it seems unlikely that I'd be hitting two buttons at the same time though I suppose it's possible. Maybe it's another quirky negative edge thing?

Well, are you sliding your thumb over the buttons or pressing them in rapid succession? It's very possible that you accidently slide over 4 when you're moving your thumb to 3. Try taking your thumb off the button, moving it down, then pressing. See if it still happens then.

Just trying it on my controller, the only way to slide from 2 to 4 is if the tip of your thumb is really in the middle of the buttons. If you're off even a little or you're pressing too much of your thumb down on it you will hit either 1 or 4 on the way down.