Super Roundhouse incorporated with X-ray

musgrave999

With the announcement of Rain and everything with him being official it's time to start thinking about the technical aspects of his gameplay.

As we all remember, Rain's super roundhouse was one of the most unique moves for a simple B+HK. People thought it was cheap and annoying but who cares, it was sweet to add to the end of a combo.

Obviously, it shouldn't be added as a "Super Move" (which when did we change from special moves???) but rather be added into a combo or as the final blow to Rain's HOPEFULLY unique X-ray.

I dont like that Scorpions Hellfire Kick isn't a special anymore, but I'm glad to see they at least incorporated at the end of a combo.

Through all the years it disappoints me to see lost moves and thought I'd see if anyone else agreed.

I can see them incorporating it into beginning of his X-Ray, not the end. Perhaps he could start with the Water Ball, bring you towards him, Super Roundhouse through the side of the screen into the same outstretched foot.

I can see it incorporated somehow as well, but I have always thought it was a silly move. It's not related to Rain in anything.

I thought it was a pretty cool move, it was a really unique move lol. I would probably prefer it as a special, but I wouldn't protest at all if it was his X-Ray: Roundhouse kick sends them flying around to the other side where Rain smashes them in the face with an elbow, clothes-lining them, and then kicks them in the small of their back, pushing them away. Something along those lines would be pretty sick, shattered skull, broken spine lol.

If NRS isn't comfortable making his roundhouse kick into a special then he should definitely have a B+3/4 that kicks the opponent across the full-screen as a little reference (something like Smoke's kick, I think it's B+3 but I'm really not sure).

I really hope that they add a dimensional water portal graphic for the opponent to enter and exit as they are being kicked instead of them just magically being kicked around the entire world and appearing on the other side of the screen. Think Stargate!

I really hope that they add a dimensional water portal graphic for the opponent to enter and exit as they are being kicked instead of them just magically being kicked around the entire world and appearing on the other side of the screen. Think Stargate!
That would be excellent!

I think as the Xray starter would be perfect. Like Smoke, starts with the backfist then teleport...Rain could start with the Super Roundhouse, then rather than teleporting, you fly back around for the finished Xray...which I agree should be combo-able after...I see rain as a juggler anyway.

Yeah, I definately like the idea of it being the first hit of an x-ray, cuz the following hit would be multiplied so much coming off of a super roundhouse...and I do understand the portal idea, it could be like Shinnok's Tricky Portal from MK:Armageddon making it look like they didnt fly around the whole world but it is Mortal Kombat, anything could happen

I'd be cool with that. If they can pull off the water effects it would be really badass lookin'. =)

I don't remember the inputs for any of his specials, it's been probably 6 years since I've played as Rain and I never used him much. His bubble could be BF2? o__0

Lol my bad, his bubble was DF2 and I figured you were just making a joke about leaving it out.

In that case, any particular reason you want his Super Roundhouse mapped out to DF2? DB3 feels more right to me. 3 is a kick and his roundhouse kick seemed like he had his weight on his back foot. A bit of a stretch, but there's some semblance of logic lol.

Lol my bad, his bubble was DF2 and I figured you were just making a joke about leaving it out.

In that case, any particular reason you want his Super Roundhouse mapped out to DF2? DB3 feels more right to me. 3 is a kick and his roundhouse kick seemed like he had his weight on his back foot. A bit of a stretch, but there's some semblance of logic lol.

DF3 would make more sense now that I think about it, I wasn't really thinking earlier >_>

I'm sure they'll have the Super Roundhouse in there somewhere. Putting it in the X-Ray is the best place I've ever heard suggested.

I'm sure they'll have the Super Roundhouse in there somewhere. Putting it in the X-Ray is the best place I've ever heard suggested.

What about between a croissant? ;-)

YES! Making it an X-Ray unique is definitely the best idea so far.