Sub-Zeros fatalities?

Killer Ryno

So We know one of sub zeros fatalities is he freezes the lower half of the body and rips the torso, and we pieced together that the other one involves him pulling out the spine through the chest, AND we know that his classic is the spine rip. BUT I noticed if you look on his fatality picture, he is slicing through a frozen body with his ice sword (forget the name), so what does this prove? all the other fatality pictures with mileena scorpion and liu kang all have their fatalities but sub-zeros is different. Does this prove that characters will have 3 fatalites, what do you guys think?

I think the wallpapers released are just to show off the characters overall image (Mileena with a ripped off head, Sub Zero shattering someone ect) it doesn't actually reflect there fatalities.

I think the wallpapers released are just to show off the characters overall image (Mileena with a ripped off head, Sub Zero shattering someone ect) it doesn't actually reflect there fatalities.

but the wallpapers are all called "fatality wallpaper" and all the others are based on the characters real fatality so why wouldnt sub-zeros?

They could have changed the "spine rip / shatter" fatality, and changed it to an ice-sword shatter fatality, and just made the spine rip as the "Original Fatality" for Pre-Order DLC.

In that case then it might've probably been a scrapped fatality idea, like how Johnny Cage has two X-Ray moves.

Johnny Cage doesn't have 2 xrays... The one he makes on the first ever video released was given to him until they made a more original one... The xray he makes on the first video is now given to Mileena until they oficially change hers.

The other spine rip and freeze & shatter is actually one fatality, just as Nightwolf's, Kung Lao's and Cage's fatalities, it's two combined in one.
So that makes 3 in total, the torso rip and the one in the video are most likely the ones everyone will get on the disc. The classic spine rip is obviously the fatality that comes along with Sub-Zero's classic ninja costume if you pre-order editions.

They could have changed the "spine rip / shatter" fatality, and changed it to an ice-sword shatter fatality, and just made the spine rip as the "Original Fatality" for Pre-Order DLC.

The spine rip, seen on the video that revealed Jax, is probably the one we get pre-ordering at Best Buy. The spine/skull rip to the shatter is probably his second fatality. And about the sword fatality, I don't know if you remember, but an image leaked some time before that sword pic was released, and it was basically the same, but not finished, and instead of a sword, Sub-Zero was holding the spine/skull. I think they did not want to show the spine/skull rip and shatter fatality so early, so they took the spine out and put the sword.

Here, found it:

167751618.jpg

Johnny Cage doesn't have 2 xrays... The one he makes on the first ever video released was given to him until they made a more original one... The xray he makes on the first video is now given to Mileena until they oficially change hers.

WOAH i never even realized that that was originally johnny's xray, weird...

The spine rip, seen on the video that revealed Jax, is probably the one we get pre-ordering at Best Buy. The spine/skull rip to the shatter is probably his second fatality. And about the sword fatality, I don't know if you remember, but an image leaked some time before that sword pic was released, and it was basically the same, but not finished, and instead of a sword, Sub-Zero was holding the spine/skull. I think they did not want to show the spine/skull rip and shatter fatality so early, so they took the spine out and put the sword.

Here, found it:

167751618.jpg

Hmm that could explain it, i hope the real fatality is still with the spine though, it looks pretty ****ing awesome :D

I think they did not want to show the spine/skull rip and shatter fatality so early, so they took the spine out and put the sword.

My thought is that at first they were trying to keep the wallpapers Teen rated so they didn't want to include a bloody spine/skull with muscle chunks and blood hanging off of it.

If you look at Scorpion and Sub-Zero's wallpapers, compared to Mileena's and Liu Kang's, they are not nearly as bloody. My guess is censorship was the reason for replacing the spine with the sword.