Strategy Guide Sucks!!!!!

The Aggie

So I have the "regular" version of the strategy guide from the clowns at Prima... yeah, it's got typos and wrong info ALL OVER THE PLACE. I can forgive them if some of the moves are wrong because the devs do change them last minute sometimes.... but they just flat out have the wrong stuff in there.

Examples:

On the fatality cheat sheet Scorpions and Sectors moves are completely swapped.

In Liu Kang's section, you get absolutely NO information about his intermediate and advance combos because they re-printed Kanos combos here. It's all Liu Kang pictures, but the combo moves are Kanos. Maybe they put Liu's in Kano's section...nope, his section is correct. Great, so now I have 2 copies of Kano's combos!!!

In Smoke's section they don't even have his "invisible" move listed in his specials... but it's listed in his enhanced moves... WTHeck!!!!

And that's just what I found looking at the guide as I play through Story mode. I cannot wait until I start using all the characters. Seriously, I like the layout of the guide and so far the input moves seem to be accurate, if not in the wrong location.... but these MAJOR organizational errors are really unexplainable. This is what they do, all they do, yet they FAIL.

I'd like to give them some credit because they posted some corrections online (link below)... but it's really more like them admitting how badly they screwed up!!! I don't want to print out new pages... I want the glossy pages already bound in my guide to be correct!

/rant

Do you clowns even proof-read your crap!!!!!!

/rant again

Thanks for the link. Yea, it's full of typos, but there is still a ton of good info there. With all the trade in credit I got at GameStop, the game and the guide only cost me $3 bucks, so I'll take it.

I'm guessing there will be a second edition released anyhow somewhere down the line. Especially considering all the DLC coming in the future.

If they come out with a second edition, I really hope that they give a discount to those of us who already bought it. :( BTW, thanks for the link!

I'm guessing there will be a second edition released anyhow somewhere down the line. Especially considering all the DLC coming in the future.

Yeah... LOL... because I have so much confidence that they will get a 2nd edition correct. I can only imagine the flaming on their forums. It's like Prima uses US as their proof-readers so that they can send out corrections. I should have known really because I bought a UMK3 guide (used of course) when I got that game on 360... it was also full of moves n stuff that never worked. I thought about this before I got the guide and thought, "surely they are better now... surely they have matured as the game industry has grown!". Not so much.

The misprints and that do kinda suck. It is nice that they give 3 combos, both intermediate level and expert, though. If the moves are printed right, that is. xD

I'm pretty much only using the cards for quicker mastering of the characters in story mode and challenge tower. For combos I suggest you check testyourmight's forums, they got some real nasty combos there.

The misprints and that do kinda suck. It is nice that they give 3 combos, both intermediate level and expert, though. If the moves are printed right, that is. xD

Right... it is a nice guide in how it's structured. That's what makes it so frustrating when you get to a character and most of his info is a misprint!!! They could have easily paid any fan of the game with an education say $200 to come in one day and just read the thing carefully front to back and they could have easily found most of the mistakes.

I admit they overstated the concept art section a lot. There's like nothing there, and that was the main reason I picked up the guide.

Good thing I didn't buy it when I went in to get my copy of MK. Besides, you could probably find more information about the game on the internet anyways.

Didn't Prima make the Marvel 3 guide? Or was that Brady... Either way, the Marvel guide is what all guides (at least Fighting game guides) should strive for. So much useful information all jam packed into one easy to access source.

Good thing I didn't buy it when I went in to get my copy of MK. Besides, you could probably find more information about the game on the internet anyways.

Didn't Prima make the Marvel 3 guide? Or was that Brady... Either way, the Marvel guide is what all guides (at least Fighting game guides) should strive for. So much useful information all jam packed into one easy to access source.

It was Brady, and I believe they got actual MvC tournament fighters in to write the guide, hence the high-quality.

I should get my guide tomorrow, is it really that bad?

I mainly bought the guide for the concept art, is that section any good for those who got the kollector's edition?

I have the Kollectors guide and even though it may have all those typos still think is rather nice. It has the concept of all the characters and their bios, intermediate and expert combos, location of krypt rewards, and the book itself looks very nice. Its hard cover and it just looks so sweet propped up on my table xD.