Strange things afoot at Noob.com?

Jason Shearer

Kombatologist
I took a stroll over to Noob.com tonight and noticed a single image advertising "a new way for noobs to communicate," along with "coming soon." Massive troll, or did Ed relinquish the domain?

I took a stroll over to Noob.com tonight and noticed a single image advertising "a new way for noobs to communicate," along with "coming soon." Massive troll, or did Ed relinquish the domain?

Ed DID say that he would never anounce another MK game again via Twitter, so I'm crossing my fingers that Mr. Boon renewed it for either MK10 or a Shaolin Monks sequel. ;)

Gotta be a troll. I think he knows whatever he does will have fans sweating like rapists and hitting the forums.
All it takes is for Ed Boon to make an enigmatic fart and fans will be wondering madly.
"Boons farted, could mean a new MK game"
"farts are gas, gas could be smoke"
"and smoke first appeared in MK2"
"which in turn featured fergalitilys on the Mega Drive"
"which also had a sequel console, the Mega Drive 2"
"which can mean on thing Robin"
"holy hd remake, they are remaking the Mega Drive version of Mortal Kombat 2 in HD"

Gotta be a troll. I think he knows whatever he does will have fans sweating like rapists and hitting the forums.
All it takes is for Ed Boon to make an enigmatic fart and fans will be wondering madly.
"Boons farted, could mean a new MK game"
"farts are gas, gas could be smoke"
"and smoke first appeared in MK2"
"which in turn featured fergalitilys on the Mega Drive"
"which also had a sequel console, the Mega Drive 2"
"which can mean on thing Robin"
"holy hd remake, they are remaking the Mega Drive version of Mortal Kombat 2 in HD"

Boon does troll, but the reason that people have that mindset is because he's done shit like that in the past.
That's what happened with Rain, Ermac and Skarlet.

From Purple Rain came:
"a purple ninja"
"who happened to be an edenian prince"
"which was also named Rain"

From a color mix up in MK 1, from repetative use on the Sega Genesis came:
"an Erro Macro error in the programing"
"which lead to people thinking that it was a secret character"
"which lead to Boon trolling the character"
"which lead to Ermac being included in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3"

From a coding glitch with Kitana in MKII came:
"a red clad female version of Kitana"
"which lead to people thinking that she was a secret / unlockable/ hidden character"
"which lead to her being a DLC character in MK9"

As much as you mock the MK fans for making wild guesses at Boon's announcements he DOES tend to put characters in the games in very weird ways, doing shit like that, with easter eggs or by trolling.

Great find Jason, I do wonder what is going on. I haven't checked the site myself in maybe a year. When is the last time anyone checked it? I wonder when this change happened, could be really old now.

I made a screengrab of the site incase it changes.

Noob.com%20January%2016th%202013.png

Checking the domain name reveals that it's still owned by Ed Boon.
http://whois.net/whois/noob.com

I do not see his name on that page, but I do on this page: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/noob.com

Registrant:
Ed Boon
ATTN NOOB.COM
care of Network Solutions
PO Box 459
Drums, PA 18222
US

Record expires on 09-Nov-2017
Record created on 10-Nov-1997
Database last updated on 22-Oct-2012

Plus the date is still from 1997, if it was transferred at all that date would be different. So he must still own the domain, but it is possible he's leased it to someone but that's unlikely. He's tweeted about companies wanting to buy it from him, but it's unlikely he would entertain that idea.

Seems the last time archive.org took a snapshot of the domain was on November 9th, 2012, and it had a generic Network Solutions page up at the time. Can't be any later than that. In fact, it looks like it had that same generic page for at least a year, until recently.

Appears noob.com has updated again, it has some puzzle on it. I am really busy right now so I didn't look at it closely, but I changed the 0 by tapping on it. So it appears to be a number puzzle. Anyone want to work to figure that code out? Gotta take off right now.