Steve Jobs - dead at 56

TedMoon

(Reuters) - Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

Jobs, who fought a rare form of pancreatic cancer, was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil as the most valuable in America.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve," Apple said in a statement announcing Jobs' passing.

"His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/apple-co-founder-steve-jobs-dead-56-000053669.html

What predictable, sentimental crap.

I had nothing but disdain for Jobs vision. My condolences to his family but I'd rather mourn someone who contributed positively to society.

I won't lose sleep tonight, and nor will any of you I suspect.

I had nothing but disdain for Jobs vision. My condolences to his family but I'd rather mourn someone who contributed positively to society.

Whether you agree with his vision or not, he was still a human being.

Yeah, a guy whose legacy includes lying to the federal government, whoring the legal system, having a ludicrous control over his customers, nothing but demonisation for the PC market and selling inferior products for twice the price of the competition.

There are bigger tragedies in the world than the passing of Steve Jobs.

I have never owned/liked an Apple product.

A death is a death, it is sad because there are people who loved this man.

This is really not necessary.

If you do not like the guy or what he did, that is fine, but no need to piss on him. Just don't reply to the thread. This is a person who has family and friends, regardless of who he was.

This is for anyone else who feels the need to be rude in a thread like this. Just don't respond if you are going to be nasty about it, peeps.

~Thanks =)

This is really not necessary.

If you do not like the guy or what he did, that is fine, but no need to piss on him. Just don't reply to the thread. This is a person who has family and friends, regardless of who he was.

This is for anyone else who feels the need to be rude in a thread like this. Just don't respond if you are going to be nasty about it, peeps.

~Thanks =)

i see what your saying, and as nice as it is, it's wrong.
both views should be able to be voiced wheather they are liked or not

i see what your saying, and as nice as it is, it's wrong.
both views should be able to be voiced wheather they are liked or not

This forum is not for fighting.

Making comments like that, as you can see, is just going to rile people up, so it is better left unsaid.

I personally don't have an issue with people voicing their own opinions, though I think when someone dies, a little more respect should be given in certain cases, and it isn't like Jobs was a rapist or something, but this forum lacks maturity so this is what we have to do sometimes to keep the peace.

I may have never owned an Apple product in my life, but I respected the hell out of that man and his products.
Rest in peace, Steve Jobs.. you will be greatly missed.
It feels surreal to say, you know?
I did NOT see this coming.
But then again.. when do you?
Such a sudden death..

I dunno, people are shocked but how can people be shocked when he has been battling it for some time? It was clear to me he wouldn't last long when he stepped down.

*shrug*