Star Wars Complete Saga coming to Blu-Ray in September 2011

It's not a new transfer, Lucas said that'd be too expensive. So they're using the transfer of the 2004 SE DVDs instead. Not keen!

I'm so ****ing excited for this. I remember spending an entire day looking for SW on Blu-Ray... only to find out from some fat grease-ball of a man, that they weren't out yet. Boy was I pissed.

“Releasing the originals is kind of an oxymoron because the quality of the original is not very good. You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally. It’s a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version.”

Is it really that big of a deal? No. It's not. They're the same damn thing.

I hate Star Wars "fans" so much. lol They never stfu. "I HATE THE PREQUELS!" "I HATE THE SPECIAL EDITIONS!" I HATE THE CLONE WARS!"

“Releasing the originals is kind of an oxymoron because the quality of the original is not very good. You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally. It’s a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version.”

I hate Star Wars "fans" so much. lol They never stfu. "I HATE THE PREQUELS!" "I HATE THE SPECIAL EDITIONS!" I HATE THE CLONE WARS!"

as much as i am an uber star wars "fan" myself (i'm a 501st member), i completely understand where you are coming from. it all depends on the individual. sometime i have to tell some others to stfu ;)

Ah, then its okay LOL. And yeah i get it, fans wanted the prequels, they got it, kids wanted the clone wars, the special editions are loaded with awesome features so why complain?

as much as i am an uber star wars "fan" myself (i'm a 501st member), i completely understand where you are coming from. it all depends on the individual. sometime i have to tell some others to stfu ;)

I'm a huge ass Star Wars lover as well (lover, not fan). But my God... I have to avoid conventions and conversations with fans because they're a rage button for me. Someone says something so incredibly stupid and I end up putting my fist through a wall... It's like, if you HATE Star Wars that much, why the **** are you at a STAR WARS CONVENTION?!

And 501st? That's so awesome. Were you at the CA celebration some years ago?

I'll just say that I'm not a fan and couldn't care less, but after seeing the job Lowry Digital (via MGM) did with the 007 restorations, Lucas is just cheaping out. I mean, movies like From Russia With Love and Goldfigner actually look better than most new releases on Blu ray.

SW is a bigger franchise revenue-wise than 007, and the BD's would definitely sell well enough to justify the restoration investment.

I'll just say that I'm not a fan and couldn't care less, but after seeing the job Lowry Digital (via MGM) did with the 007 restorations, Lucas is just cheaping out. I mean, movies like From Russia With Love and Goldfigner actually look better than most new releases on Blu ray.

SW is a bigger franchise revenue-wise than 007, and the BD's would definitely sell well enough to justify the restoration investment.

I don't really care either way. Is he being a cheap-ass? Of course. It's Lucas.

But the way that some fans are acting is a bit ridiculous. They're pissed that A. 4-6 will be the special editions and B. all six movies will be bundled together... And it's not worth whining over. Special Editions or not, they're the same damn movies. And like it or not, the prequels are part of the saga. People need to get over this shit.

But I promise you, they will be the first ones to buy the blu-ray set.

I can definitely agree with that. One of the many ugly sides of the net is this. I can't think of how many times I've heard fanboys ***** and moan about stuff like this as if the products were absolutely horrid, yet they buy them anyway... and continue *****ing.

I'm a huge ass Star Wars lover as well (lover, not fan). But my God... I have to avoid conventions and conversations with fans because they're a rage button for me. Someone says something so incredibly stupid and I end up putting my fist through a wall... It's like, if you HATE Star Wars that much, why the **** are you at a STAR WARS CONVENTION?!

And 501st? That's so awesome. Were you at the CA celebration some years ago?

im actually in the new england garrison (masssachusetts). and i joined about a year ago as the emperor.