SPRITE: Rain - MKA : UPDATED!

Well it's been awhile since I've done some artwork.

I made the following from scratch in photoshop.

Rain_sprite.jpg

EDIT: I've made some modifications based on some comments
rain_sprite2.jpg

Nice, Mal. This is by far the best thing to be on this forum, as of late. The colors on Rain seem a little bright, though. And his hair doesn't look like hair, really. It looks more like part of his helmet, and that's probably because his tiara looks like it's fading into the hair. You have to remember that light doesn't bounce off hair all neatly like that, it comes off in all different directions. The mask also looks a little too long, and it kind of makes him look like Mileena in Sub-Zero's armor. His right foot also seems a little big compared to the other one, but that may just be the angle he's in. Also, shouldn't the other "wing" of his armor be shown a little bit?
8/10

Looks good, dude. I think his veil, or whatever you want to call it needs a little more work. There's just something about I can't put my finger on.

One thing I don't like about it, is the armor color.
If it was more orangey than it'd be completely perfect.

9.7/10.

Looks good Mal. The purple is too bright and the yellow part should be more of a gold like others have said. The shading is very good. It has a very cartoonish look to it which isn't a bad thing (Saph :p).

Oh my god dude, that has to be the best sprite (from scratch) I have ever seen! That's amazing, you should give yourself come Positive karma.

You should make a tutorial on how to make sprites like that, I'm sure it would be apreciated by many people (including me).

The gold is a little off, but it's supposed to be a little more "white" gold color and not orange.

Also, if you look at the pics of Rain from MKA, you can clearly see that his mask IS like Mileena's, in that it hangs down and is not form fitting.

Also, to critique my own drawing, the black parts of his costume are too black.. In the screenshots its more of a dark gray color.

The feet are at different angles and no one foot isn't bigger than the other. The left foot is a little flat compared to the right because it doesn't have the proper perspective on it.

As far as the shoulder thing goes, yes, on the left side it should be connected with the cape as it is all one piece.

EDIT: I've made some modifications based on some of the comments

rain_sprite2.jpg

Thanks for the replies.. I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of responses from all of the artwork people on this forum, especially after the update.

That's because you fixed most of what was wrong, :p

The sprite itself looks damn good now. All the colors look to be spot on. The texturing is great. Only problem is the shadow.

The shadow from his right leg is too thin. And from the angle that the shadow is cast, more of his right arm should be seen.