(Spoilers) Fire and Ice

Killer Ryno

So i was reading through the endings of the characters and sub-zeros stood out
Spoiler:

Subzero1=After the victory over Shao Kahn, Sub-Zero learned from Raiden the truth:
Subzero2=that the Lin Kuei were ultimately responsible for the deaths of both Sub-Zero's and Scorpion's families.
Subzero3=Enraged, Sub-Zero offered Scorpion a chance to share in his quest for vengeance.
Subzero4=With the might of fire and ice combined, they were a storm of vengeful fury as they cut down their foes. Once justice had been done...
Subzero5=... Sub-Zero and Scorpion disappeared into legend, emerging from obscurity only to avenge the innocent. The forces of darkness will never stop this Deadly Alliance.

Wouldnt this be a great storyline for the so called "Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice" game that was cancelled that was going to be a sequel to shaolin monks but instead of liu kang and kung lao it had sub and scorpion.

What are your guys opinions? would you want this to be the storyline or something else?

Last edited:

Metal Overlord

YES, that would be frikkin' awesome if that were the storyline for Fire and Ice! They definitely changed around some stuff though if this ending is canon; wasn't Quan Chi responsible for killing Scorpion's family/clan? Maybe Quan Chi hired the Lin Kuei to do so... so many theories dancing around in my head!

So i was reading through the endings of the characters and sub-zeros stood out

Spoiler:
Subzero1=After the victory over Shao Kahn, Sub-Zero learned from Raiden the truth:
Subzero2=that the Lin Kuei were ultimately responsible for the deaths of both Sub-Zero's and Scorpion's families.
Subzero3=Enraged, Sub-Zero offered Scorpion a chance to share in his quest for vengeance.
Subzero4=With the might of fire and ice combined, they were a storm of vengeful fury as they cut down their foes. Once justice had been done...
Subzero5=... Sub-Zero and Scorpion disappeared into legend, emerging from obscurity only to avenge the innocent. The forces of darkness will never stop this Deadly Alliance.

Wouldnt this be a great storyline for the so called "Mortal Kombat: Fire and Ice" game that was cancelled that was going to be a sequel to shaolin monks but instead of liu kang and kung lao it had sub and scorpion.

What are your guys opinions? would you want this to be the storyline or something else?

Just so you know, even though the title has spoiler and its in the spoiler thread, the mods have requested we still use spoiler tags.

To answer your question, if this was a side game that had nothing to with the main story, then I'm all for it. If they made it canon in the story line, I would be a little iffy, because under the context
Spoiler:
Sub and Scorp wouldn't be in the games in the future because they only come out to avenge the innocent. Therefore they wouldn't be as important to the story any more

Just my thoughts.

YES, that would be frikkin' awesome if that were the storyline for Fire and Ice! They definitely changed around some stuff though if this ending is canon; wasn't Quan Chi responsible for killing Scorpion's family/clan? Maybe Quan Chi hired the Lin Kuei to do so... so many theories dancing around in my head!

In MKM-SZ, Quan Chi and the Lin Kuei both played a role in the assassination of the Shira Ryu.

yautjared

I think would be cool and different , cause :

Spoiler:
This eternal struggle and fight Sub and Scorp engage against each other, needs an end , and , seems boring as hell sometimes, so, could be cool at least once or twice seeing both teaming/joining forces in order to destroy a common enemy.