SPOILER MK9 Ending to MK10

oleg.dobrynin

Hey guys so since there probably will be an MK10, what do you think will become of all the dead characters? They probably should have an idea of how to bring back a lot of them, and since they probably won't cyber-ize everyone, what do you guys think? Since Liu Kang got fried basically, do you think the Elder Gods will grant him new life? Maybe in a Darth Vader-esque form? How about Nightwolf? Will he become a playable spirit for the later MKs? These are the kinds of ideas I wanna see in this thread and if you read this without finishing the game, then I'm sorry and the title exists for a reason.

Liu died then zombie.
This time he died, he better stay dead lol. I really dont want other F'd up version of Liu.

If they bring back tho, that's ok just have raiden time travel and grap them. wouldn't affect the future since they die anyway. Bring them to the future ttrying to fix what the fight with Shao Khan left. Meanwhile Shinnok appears and BOOM we have another story going on.

Just like every other Mortal Kombat. They're alive by some sort of magical ritual/resurrection.

I absolutely hated the way they killed almost everyone of with that infamous Sindel scene. Not only was it depressing to see so many of my favourite characters die only to be resurrected as evil zombies, but it was also just bad writing. I would have preferred it if Liu Kang simply convinced the rest of the gang that Raiden had indeed gone mad, and you would have had to beat them all up without actually killing them to advance. Here's hoping that there will be a way to undo the damage in the next game. Maybe Raiden could trade his soul for the other ones and let Fujin watch over Earthrealm?

That being said, I loved the story mode in terms of its structure. If only the writing had been better!

I hope Quan Chi has them be his evil pawns to over throw Shinnok then late in story mode shinnok discovers his plan and has Havik kill him and release their souls but Liu Kang stays evil like his ending.

I really hope they release MK10 as a HUGE DLC download or they have a MK9 content upload

Liu died then zombie.
This time he died, he better stay dead lol. I really dont want other F'd up version of Liu.

If they bring back tho, that's ok just have raiden time travel and grap them. wouldn't affect the future since they die anyway. Bring them to the future ttrying to fix what the fight with Shao Khan left. Meanwhile Shinnok appears and BOOM we have another story going on.
That's what I thought to until seeing Shang's ending, that would make an interesting story line if they follow that one. As for the other "dead" characters... leave em dead and bring in some new non-ninja's or lesser seen characters from the other realms.

Like I've said plenty of times before, I really don't think that they died in that scene. They've all been through shit like that. And at the end doesn't raiden say "Let's tend to the others" or something to that effect?

Edit: and how about during story they stay dead, but they remain in the roster? That'd be really nice. Especially for someone who has spent a BUNCH of time maining a certain character. Obviously give em' some new moves or strings. But keep em' in.

Like I've said plenty of times before, I really don't think that they died in that scene. They've all been through shit like that. And at the end doesn't raiden say "Let's tend to the others" or something to that effect?

But you see them in Hell :(

It sucks, Kabal is finally a cinematic badass, then he dies.

But you see them in Hell :(

It sucks, Kabal is finally a cinematic badass, then he dies.

Let's not forget Smoke. What was the point in allowing him to be further developed in his human form only to let him get killed off? And I'm really sad that Kitana and Jade were killed too. Those two are my favourites. But I bet they'll return in the next game anyway. Or at least I hope so. Some of those characters are way too iconic to get rid of. Plus, this is just a rehash of what happened after Deadly Alliance, and eventually their souls were freed and they joined the forces of light.

it sucks if they don't bring some of them back. i understand killing some of them off, but a lot of them died... lol. i'm hoping that they use the chars ending to play into the next sequel, but since that was the story mode... their endings don't really seem canon.

liu should be brought back as a bad guy like his ending, not bad, but like scorpion. no allegiance, just out to avenge the deaths of friends, that would be cool.

nightwolf needs to come back as a werewolf like how his ending suggests, i think it would be cool as hell. too many typical native american chars in fighting games, i want one that sticks out. plus, he'd be a lot like sabrewulf from KI and that would be so badass.

shinnok obviously needs to come back, he just needs to be scarier. he needs to look grotesque, like someone said "he's a fallen elder god after all".

keep SZ as a robot, then let clone chars shine like i've stated many times. bring in kai to replace liu, jarek to replace kano, and etc...

hmm, that's all i can really think of... OH, no more 4 armed bosses for the love of god. bring sheeva back for sure tho, but no more 4 armed bosses. bring back motaro or hell, even moloch would be a nice change of pace. i'm so sick of goro and kintaro, it's so cheesy now.

meh, she killed most of the annoying ones. i was glad to see chars like jax, stryker, kung lao all die

but its a story involving time travel, they can bring them back and it would be perfectly justified..and dissapointing.

OK-
Kitana,Jax,Jade,Sindel,Lu Kang,Smoke, CSZ, NightWolf, Kabal and Stryker --- DIED IN EPIC BATTLE---
NOOB--DIDE IN SOLNADO
Baraka---? did Jade kill him ?
Kung Lao--DEATH IN KOMBAT
Shao Khan-- ELDER GOD DEATH
Motaro-- Raiden death
Shang Tsung--- SOUL STOLEN---

So from the MK9 people who lived are:
Mileena
Baraka ?
Sonya
Quan Chi
Johnny Cage