SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

It should have been Moloch in this game. Why is Goro appearing right before Shinnok? They're not even allies.

He's not dead but he can't fight so I doubt he'll ever be playable again.

You doubt that Goro... an MK1 classic character... will ever... be playable... because he lost his arms... in a comic book.

Jax, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Sub-Zero DIED in the previous GAME, and they were all playable in MKX.

But Goro... losing his arms... in a comic... is more permanent.

Yeah, But Havik,... Reiko, I hope we get to see them in future games but.....Uhhhh, Same characters every f***ing game. I'm tired of this. And don't get me wrong, I like Erron, dvorrah, kotal, cassie, etc.. But when you have so many characters with good potential, Why make new ones?

My sense is NRS isn't super fond of those characters. They were created in a period of intense creative dissatisfaction where Midway was being forced to pump out a game every year. They've indicated which 3D era characters they like (Kenshi, Tanya, BRC, Li Mei, Fujin, Frost) and otherwise seem excited to do something entirely fresh.

You doubt that Goro... an MK1 classic character... will ever... be playable... because he lost his arms... in a comic book.

Jax, Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao, and Sub-Zero DIED in the previous GAME, and they were all playable in MKX.

But Goro... losing his arms... in a comic... is more permanent.
Can you think of one possible way of him getting his arms back? Anyone that's a Shokan could take his spot.

Can you think of one possible way of him getting his arms back? Anyone that's a Shokan could take his spot.

Kotal Kahn could cast a spell?

Sheeva could cast a spell?

Ermac could cast a spell?

Reptile could cast a spell?

D'Vorah could grow new arms for him out of bugs?

Jax could hook him up with some cyber arms?

After Quan Chi comes back from the dead, Raiden and Quan Chi's epic battle could accidentally bring Goro's arms back from the dead?

Kung Jin could find Goro's arms in the Netherrealm while searching for Kung Lao, and bring them back with him?

We could discover that Shokan have super regenerative powers and he just grew them back?

NRS could say "it happened in a comic book, we don't give a shit"?

Last edited:
armless goro variation sounds pretty dope
what? he still has those legs that should one shot ever-...nevermind

They also killed off a bunch of 2D characters too. Goro, Kintaro, Baraka, Sektor, Cyrax(?), Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Mileena and Motaro. We still have Nitara, Frost, Li Mei, Fujin, Jarek, Sareena, Tanya, Tremor, Tasia, Kira, Shujinko Bo' Rai Cho(?), Kai and much more.

I'd like to see them kill off Hotaru, Darrius, Dairou, Bo Rai Cho, Taven, Daegon, Blaze, Kobra, Li Mei, Bo' Rai Cho, and Drahmin.

I'd like to see them kill off Hotaru, Darrius, Dairou, Bo Rai Cho, Taven, Daegon, Blaze, Kobra, Li Mei, Bo' Rai Cho, and Drahmin.

I'd like to see you go away never to be seen or heard from again and play Street Fighter cause you sure ain't a Mortal Kombat fan. Hater and ignorant. Your post says it all. You don't even know who the comic writer has killed so far

This week: Sub-Zero's battle royal with the Cyber Lin Kuei! SUMMARY BEGIN!

Spoiler:
Near Shulianghu, China, Sub-Zero and Bo' Rai Cho find an abandoned fallout shelter hidden deep in a jungle. Having its own power system and connected to an old system of mines, it's the perfect hideout for Sektor and his Cyber Lin Kuei. With the shelter only having one way in or out, Bo' Rai Cho will wait outside and take care of any cyborgs that try to escape. As a security camera watches the duo, Rai Cho asks Kuai Liang if he thinks they're waiting for him: the cryomancer replies that he's counting on it before freezing and smashing the door.

We then get an awesome set of pages as Sub-Zero makes his way through the base, tearing apart cyborgs and bypassing other defenses. During all of this, he plugs the flash drive that he received last chapter into one of the base's computers, uploading a virus into the entire Lin Kuei system. Sub-Zero then comes across a massive laboratory where, to his disgust, he finds that Sektor has begun cloning the members of the Lin Kuei, not just satisfied with converting them. Sub-Zero then finds himself attacked by a large group of cyborgs, and although he takes down many of them, they eventually manage to subdue him.

As the cyborgs take Kuai Liang to Sektor, we find the Lin Kuei grandmaster himself asking Cyrax for a status update. Cyrax reports that Sub-Zero's virus orginated from a developer in Chicago, and that although it has infected 94 percent of the Lin Kuei network, it seems to have no effect on their functionality. The captive Sub-Zero is then brought into the room, and when he claims that Sektor's group isn't the Lin Kuei but just a failed experiment, Sektor hurls a rocket punch at his face in rage. Sektor promises that he will kill Sub-Zero instead of converting him if he answers one question: what is his virus (which has now infected 98% of the network) doing to their system? Sub-Zero simply replies that the virus is fixing it, and as he begins to freeze his shackles, Sektor tells Cyrax to initiate an emergency memory dump. Cyrax finds that he is unable to, however, and as the virus reaches 99%, Sub-Zero bursts free!

Using some frozen cyborgs as shields against Sektor's missiles, Sub-Zero tells the grandmaster that while he can temporarily override someone's conscience, he can't delete their humanity. The virus then reaches 100% infection, disengaging the Lin Kuei's slaving protocols. Sektor scoffs at this being Sub-Zero's ultimate goal, and tells how the cloning program has made the slaving protocols obsolete: none of the Cyber Lin Kuei share Kuai Liang's morality... or so he thinks. When Sektor orders Cyrax to immobilize Sub-Zero, the cryomancer tries to tell him that he doesn't have to do this. Cyrax responds that he has to, for the Lin Kuei... and for humanity, as he fires his net at Sektor!

Sektor manages to teleport out of the way and uppercuts Cyrax to the floor. As Kuai Liang helps the newly-restored cyborg up, welcoming him back to humanity, Cyrax shouts for the cryomancer to look behind him. Sektor then unleashes a torrent of flames on both Sub-Zero and Cyrax, even as more cyborgs begin to flood into the room!

Last edited:
So I guess Cyrax wasn't cloned, which is why he's the only one who's slaving protocols were disengaged.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

This was a good chapter. It was mostly well drawn, we got Cyrax and they made Sektor pretty badass, I can't ask for much more.
Hopefully Bo Rai Cho gets to fight someone in the final chapter.