So are we not getting a special edition?

natedoggcata

The special editions for MK9 were announced in December before the game came out. Its almost February and we know nothing yet. If we arent getting them, I wish they would say something because I have friends that wont pre order until they know if we are getting them or not

This has got to be the most half assed promotional lead up to a MK Game ever. My mind is racing with potential reasons, A. They're struggling to polish the game, B. They're running behind schedule, C. They're being just plain lazy, I can go on and on. I just don't get it.

Well, seeing as they've been really lazy in terms of promo as of late, I'm sure it's going to come out, but likely not until nearly the month the game comes out with it.
Just my cup of tea.

Why doesnt somebody just tweet them and call them out on their bullcrap. Like not ask for a character and just say you wont preorder until you know the news. I would but i dont tweet

I do hope for a Special Edition, even if i was a bit disappointed by the MK9 one...

For the moment, i don't pre-order the game just in case of an incoming "MKX Special Edition" !!

Why doesnt somebody just tweet them and call them out on their bullcrap. Like not ask for a character and just say you wont preorder until you know the news. I would but i dont tweet
Like this?

I'm just pissed that NRS doesn't keep us posted on when something's gonna happen. Like announce the date for the freaking stream already. I don't mind waiting for something I know is coming; it's the waiting without any knowledge of when it's coming that annoys the crap out of me.

This has got to be the most half assed promotional lead up to a MK Game ever. My mind is racing with potential reasons, A. They're struggling to polish the game, B. They're running behind schedule, C. They're being just plain lazy, I can go on and on. I just don't get it.

D. The pre-orders are going so well that they don't feel the need of it. I have just read on some forum that a Gamestop employee said that MKX already has more pre-orders than MK 2011 had in total. And Shaun Himmerick (lover_of_tacos) tweeted it last week that they were finalizing the details of a Kollectors' Edition. MKX is announced for EVO 2015, it's coming along fine, only fans are too impatient this time. Yes, they could do more to promote the game but January was alright. We had two reveals, a printed comic came out last week, MKX was announced for EVO this week and most certainly we'll have a stream next week.

And X Box Magazine will have a MKX feature next month. Not in the February issue that was out in January but in the March issue that is due out early February.

We will get a KE. Sometime in summer there was a polish online shop leaking it. Seems people forgot about it.

I wouldn't say that they won't have a special edition yet. They're probably still busy working on the original game itself, and we barely even know details on that game. I would just give them some time, I'm sure we'll find out within the coming months if we're getting one.

We will get a KE. Sometime in summer there was a polish online shop leaking it. Seems people forgot about it.

I don't know what to think about that. But NRS needs to get it together. They see all the pre orders and their like "well guys, game is done! We're only gonna show 9 characters before launch because we know it will sell millions because we gave them Goro!"

Yeah, NRS marketing for this game is one of the worst I've ever seen. I find it even more odd when you realize they're under WB. To be honest, my impression is MKX has been a real pain and struggle for them internally.

That or Boon is just being a troll. Kojima is the only game developer allowed to get away with trolling