Should the intro dialogue return?

Tanyas Husband

We've had style-posing intros in MK4, introducing battle-cry intros in MK9, and now we have the best feature of intros MK has had (IMO), Intro Dialogue.
Not only have they been intro dialogues, but they have been character specific per character.

Example:
Mileena: "You stole outworld from me!"
D'vorah: "And gave it to your superior."
Mileena: "I will rip out your throat!"

Should these come back in MK11? Or would you rather have a newer approach?

I want to see them keep on returning in future MK games. I wish MK9 had them.

YES!
I LOVE the intro dialogues. MK can never go back to not have these in any future games!

I completely agree. I hope they do bring back this continuously unlike everything else.
Though, like always, everything must come to an end. We'll probably get some newer intro featurette in MK11 and end up drooling over that instead.
Either way, if that happens or not,
I won't give up for a chance at a Tanya/Jade intro dialogue someday. It's about time that rivalry is sparked back up in full bloom.

I think all fighting games should have intro dialogue. I know others do, but not all. I think its great. And it fits MK so well. Ive been waiting to get a closer look into these characters for quite some time

I think all fighting games should have intro dialogue. I know others do, but not all. I think its great. And it fits MK so well. Ive been waiting to get a closer look into these characters for quite some time

And this is the perfect way to look into it.
If they were to come back in MK11, I'd be in love with it all over again.
Intro Dialogue makes things extremely interesting and gives people actual reason to fight.

Yes! Love them. It makes looking back at MK9 almost comical, with the same dialogue every single time.

Tbh I skip past them , they're cool and I like them but IMO I would prefer that work to go into another character

I am fairly certain different teams are working on intro dialogue vs. designing and programming new characters.

MK9 dialogue got annoying at times.
I am one of the people who have really bad OCD about intros in games, so I wasn't able to skip the MK9 intros.
It got tiring hearing "Let us Dance!" 10 times an hour.
This time around, MKX lets us hear literally different unique things per fight. Makes it so much more worthy of listening.

I just like that some insults and others show respect to one another. Like Goro and Sub-Zero in a way. It's certainly a concept that I really don't want them ever to stop because they feel the need to insert something else that turns out to be completely pointless.

I do agree that fighting games should have these. It just makes them feel a little bit more human rather than just having no personality whatsoever. That they're just there to be played as rather than getting to know them a bit more.

I never skip dialogues.

I never tire of seeing them, because each one is so unique.

On MK9 it was always the same for everybody.

On MKX, you have that feeling of THAT character facing THAT other character, and what they would say to each other?

And it's not only one intro, you have a variety of contexts where they would face each other, pratice, etc.

Many intros give me that feeling that the characters are really facing each other.

Without a shadow of a doubt, it should return.

Of course they should return. The variety is great. Obviously when I'm on a roll in KotH or Survivor I skip past them because my adrenaline is going and I'm trying to stay in the groove. But the intros add personality and overall quality otherwise not seen in many fighters.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.

...Also yes.

The intros really enhance the game more than you know.

I hope they also bring back the ingame unique dialogue too. Especially after hearing Jacqui after winning one round against Subzero.

"You're Winter, I'm Summer!"