Should Mk release a week early????

Subpion

How is this really determined I remember Kayne and Lynch Dog Days came out a week early because it went gold and I remember BackBreaker came out on a sunday before the tuesday release date they had recieved an email telling gamestop to goahead and sell it.I wish and hope this happens with MK!!!!!!!!!!What do you think????????

Well if they got the ESRB rating, then they went gold, so why not release it early. They are releasing the same day as Portal 2 and that will definately sell well. Also Socom 4 is coming out. I say go ahead and release it a week early so you're not competing with anyone for sales. That week makes a big difference in ppl's opinion on buying the game.

No it shouldn't, i believe it should only be released when the developers says and feels like it should be released not because its fans want it i don't want it to be RUSHED. Besides its almost april 19 if you waited this long for the game i'm sure a couple more weeks wouldn't hurt am i right? patience.

No it shouldn't, i believe it should only be released when the developers says and feels like it should be released not because its fans want it i don't want it to be RUSHED. Besides its almost april 19 if you waited this long for the game i'm sure a couple more weeks wouldn't hurt am i right? patience.

I'm not sayin rush it but if they so happen to finish before they intended too, i say bring it on

If the game went gold, then they are done with it. Now they are focusing on shipping the game and DLC. Its not like shipping a game around the world can be done quickly. It takes a few weeks from what I hear to get them all out. I expect this game judging by pre orders be #2+3 to have close to 5 million in sales. Thats not unrealistic. Right now combining both Xbox and PS3 pre orders, they are #1 by a long shot over every game coming out this year and thats saying something cuz we have alot of great games coming out this year. The more sales, the better for us fans cuz Boon and a few other guys confirmed we will have free DLC and how much depended on sales.

If enough independent retailers break street date, it is possible for Gamestop and other big ones to be told to release it early. It's very unlikely but it has happened before.

Boon hinted in a tweet it was almost gold.

Edit: Can't find the tweet. I could have sworn I saw a tweet about him drinking GOLDschlager....or something like that.

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that the game has gone gold?

I guess it has, release date is around the corner.
However, there is a little chance to get the game some days earlier, you have to check independent stores or electronic chain stores; if one of them breaks the day one, others will follow. That's how it works in my town.

I've been told the game will be in the stores in a week only. So I'm guessing it's either gold or soon to be.

I don't want this game rushed even in the SLIGHTEST.

I'll wait as long as the dev team needs to make an amazing game.

I agree with you, but release date is way too close for them to push it back any further. If they're rushing there's nothing they can do about it

It be nice so long as the game is FINISHED and not RUSHED. I rather have to wait longer for it to be polished than sloppy and rushed. Ofcourse I'd still play it but you gotta think about people who aren't as dedicated and patient to wait for them to say polish it up with a patch. We've already seen how people can be greedy and unreasonable about things lol. So I prefer it to be polished as we're likely to get more people into MK9 imo.

I agree with bringing it out a week early. From a Gears head and a Portal lover, the Gears 3 beta comes out a day before MK and to be honest I think I will be playing the beta for about 5 days straight. And Portal 2 comes out that day of MK, as well. I think it would be better for sales purposes if they released it a week earlier than its current date.