Shao Kahn: playable

I remember hearing/reading/watching an interview where he basically said the same thing. That it would be cool to have special moves based on classic tagteam setups. IE subzero and scoprion, kabal and kano, RAIDEN AND SHAO KHAN OR LIU KANG. it looks to me that the magazine printed this as new but this is definately something that has been spoken on before.

If that's indeed the case, then it would have been before Boon implied that bosses would not be playable/stated that Goro would not be playable (and if he isn't then it's logical that no other boss will be either). In which case, I'll take his most recent statement over the one in this thread.

As jarvis said, things can get lost in translation.
I'm not taking this as gospel, just because of some website.

I'll believe this when we have MORE proof.

If it's not from Ed Boon or the NRS crew directly, I'll just say "Horse Shit," for now.

Hm, seems questionable given the source material. I'm more interested in the statement that certain character pairings are optimal and yield unique moves specific to the pairing.

As jarvis said, things can get lost in translation.
I'm not taking this as gospel, just because of some website.

I'll believe this when we have MORE proof.

If it's not from Ed Boon or the NRS crew directly, I'll just say "Horse Shit," for now.

^^^I agree with Noob Saibot^^^

I'm fine with all bosses being playable ONLY IF they are really hard to unlock, and you can choose whether or not to play as them online. I think completely banning them online is a bad thing (except for ranked matches.) What if my buddy who lives 1,200 miles away from me wants to fight me as Goro while I am Kintaro? I see no logical reason to leave out that option.

**EDIT** By choose whether or not to play as them online, I mean while setting up the room, there is a 'bosses on or off' option.

Bosses being playable takes away from the fact that they are what their title says they are; a boss. You beat bosses, not play as them. As for the article, I doubt the writer is a hardcore MK fan to know what hes completely talking about, mistakes get made clearly in publishing, weve seen it already in a few magazines covering this game.

I'm a big Goro fan, and it'd be pretty cool to play around with the bosses. Just please don't let it be online. Having a mode where you play against your friends on the same XBOX and using bosses would be a cool addition, and not mess anything up.

Bosses being playable takes away from the fact that they are what their title says they are; a boss. You beat bosses, not play as them. As for the article, I doubt the writer is a hardcore MK fan to know what hes completely talking about, mistakes get made clearly in publishing, weve seen it already in a few magazines covering this game.

Agreed. As for him being on the widget I think it's mainly because of how crucial a part of this story he is. I still don't believe this article. Or the one from a few days ago that said there was "test your luck" "test your strike" and others. Why do we buy into this stuff right away sometimes ?? haha

Whyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this is supposed to go back to the old MK1-2-3 games. NO BOSS WAS PLAYABLE BACK THEN! Shao Kahn was the toughest boss every to hit mankind! He should not be toned down for normal gameplay! UGH

If Goro has a x-ray, most probably he has all the features of the other characters (maybe he's just overpowered in terms of damage inflicted or pumped AI when fought as a boss), so why shouldn't he be playable if NRS made it balanced and with no advantages like the others?
Same for Shao Kahn, plus he's on the website along with the other playable characters: that could either be a hint of him being playable or just a showcase because he's one of the main characters.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Keep Bosses offline only then, I dont want these scrubs playing as bosses all the damn time online cuz it will get annoying as hell.

If Goro has a x-ray, most probably he has all the features of the other characters (maybe he's just overpowered in terms of damage inflicted or pumped AI when fought as a boss), so why shouldn't he be playable if NRS made it balanced and with no advantages like the others?
Same for Shao Kahn, plus he's on the website along with the other playable characters: that could either be a hint of him being playable or just a showcase because he's one of the main characters.

It just wouldn't make sense to see a balanced goro or shao kahn. They're bosses. They're not supposed to be. Seeing them as such would be weird imo.

It just wouldn't make sense to see a balanced goro or shao kahn. They're bosses. They're not supposed to be. Seeing them as such would be weird imo.

Remember Street Fighter 2? Bosses were hard but they played like the other characters and later became selectable.
I know MK is different but I don't see why the bosses shouldn't be playable as long as they are balanced but still intimidating as opponents. It could work.
Personally I won't mind if they are playable or not, but if they play as the others it's OK.

Remember Street Fighter 2? Bosses were hard but they played like the other characters and later became selectable.
I know MK is different but I don't see why the bosses shouldn't be playable as long as they are balanced but still intimidating as opponents. It could work.
Personally I won't mind if they are playable or not, but if they play as the others it's OK.

Unfortunately, I've only played sf4 and didn't enjoy it too much :(. But, I see what you're saying. It could most certainly work I suppose, I'd just rather not see it.