Scorpion, Noob, Smoke, Kabal, Jade, Sonya, and Cyrax are INCREDIBLE!

Holy shitballs!!!!

I have been playing these six characters for the last few hours and OMG. They are remarkable. Smoke has SOOOOOOO many badass moves. Scorpion is like Ken/Ryu in SFIV (So easy to learn, so hard to master), Kabal is SICK once you get his combos. Jade is INSANE and Sonya is fast and deadly. Cyrax is a nightmare.

I love this ****ING GAME!!!

It's a beautiful, bloody masterpiece!!!

Hah, how are you gonna pick your favourite character if you already have 7 you like? xD (You said six, but mentioned seven characters)

Sonya is awesome but when I chain like sq/sq then her cartwheel and follow up with sq/sq and her new pop back kick sometimes she does her kiss anyone else have that happen?

I guess I was referring more to his move list and combat style. They've never really decided on concrete moves for Smoke, and they've never really made it a priority. In UMK3 it was all Scorp/Sektor/Reptile moves and that's when I really liked playing as Smoke. Then in Deception they kept the Sektor move (Smokey Cut) but also gave him some new moves (stinky cloud) in an attempt to give him his own "Smoke specific" moves. I thought the Stinky Cloud move wasn't bad, even though its name sucked, but as many pointed out it was a pretty cheap move. They changed the move in MKA, and instead of making the move "fair", they just made it useless alongside with giving Smoke even more smoke oriented teleorts, all which sucked. In the MKD - MKA period they also gave Smoke a combat style that was pretty dang weak, even though it kind of was luck of the draw in MKD - MKA if a fighter's style was going to be anything useful since they stressed their whole "martial arts stances" thing.

In this game they're at it again with trying to make Smoke his own character, and I don't think they cared too much since he has only one "smoke specific" move. Others are rehashed teleports, an invisibility and air throw move. Seemed like they kinda phoned in his moveset on this one. Just like all the other ones. I really never saw a reason to stray so far from his Scorpion-like moves. The spear-move could be reinvented in a way that worked for Smoke easy, his character's entire gameplay didn't have to be repeatedly scrapped and reinvented 4 different times.

Definitely like Kabal and Jade. Reptile's pretty fun to play as too. I did try Kitana, and was pretty cool. Other one I used was Sindel, and those were only ones I've tried online.
Kabal and Jade are my faves though.