Scariest Movie?

for me Return of the Living Dead scared me like no other, I know its supposed to be a zombie comedy, but when I was little, this movie was terrifying in that the zombies could run, and could'nt be killed, they had to litterally be turned into ash to be stopped, oh yeah, and lets not forget the Tar Man, the scariest zombie to be put on film till' this day, I tried to post the trailer but it won't work, so heres the link to anyone who hasn't seen this to check it out... http://youtu.be/wylpeAXYcBQ
Also gotta give props to Tobe Hooper's original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a true horror masterpiece.

Last edited:
for me Return of the Living Dead scared me like no other, I know its supposed to be a zombie comedy, but when I was little, this movie was terrifying in that the zombies could run, and could'nt be killed, they had to litterally be turned into ash to be stopped, oh yeah, and lets not forget the Tar Man, the scariest zombie to be put on film till' this day, <object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wylpeAXYcBQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wylpeAXYcBQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object> I also gotta mention Texas Chainsaw Massacre( 1974) a true horror masterpiece.

yo bro your link didnt work, are you talking about this guy?
tarman.jpg

yeah he freaked me out when i was little too :p

yo bro your link didnt work, are you talking about this guy?
tarman.jpg

yeah he freaked me out when i was little too :p

I posted a link that should work now, but yes sir, thats the guy, even till this day no movie can touch that zombie makeup, it just looks so real to this day, thanks for the awesome picture!

Another one i forgot was "The Evil Dead". This was my first horrormovie i have ever seen. I stole the video cassette from my dads collection and watched the film. I was 6 or 7 years old :-O

Another one i forgot was "The Evil Dead". This was my first horrormovie i have ever seen. I stole the video cassette from my dads collection and watched the film. I was 6 or 7 years old :-O

i cant remember if it was number 1 or 2, but one of the evil dead's had like a headless ballerina and i saw that when i was like 5, i couldnt stop crying for like 10 minutes :\

Some more decent horror flicks (some people find them scary... pff hahaha):

Inside (A l'interieur)- I gotta say, this was a really good slasher. I was flinch city when the dude's head got shotgunned.

Them- Like "The Strangers" only done right. And it's based on the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs (aka 3guys1hammer)

But the absolute scariest movie experience I had was watching Requiem for a Dream while superhigh during pledge season.

And High Tension was pretty legit, despite the plot hole. The scene with the head being used for naughty purposes? That's blatant on all levels and was unheard of at that time.

Oh man Evil Dead, I was 20 years old watching this movie for the first time... not great acting, graphics that looked phony even in 1981, and I think even it was day time when I watched it, and somehow this movie made me feel like I was 10 years old again getting freaked out by movies. The concept of the story and cinematography of this film are awesome.

I saw Childs Play when I was 4 and it scared the hell out of me! I can watch it now with no problem, but that movie is the reason why I have a little fear of dolls.

I wouldn't call it scary, but A Serbian Film is rather...unsettling. I'd actually recommend not wiki-ing it if you have no idea what it is and just pretend I never mentioned it.

Night of the Living Dead [original]
Dawn Of The Dead [Original]
Day Of the Dead [Original]
Halloween[Original]
Halloween 2
Halloween H20
Friday the 13th 1-4
Friday the 13th 2009 Reboot
Alien
Scream series
Nightmare on Elm Street [original]
Terminator 1 and 2 [not because it's jumpy but because of what's going to happen in the future, that nuke blast at the playground was quite scary]

If it hasn't been mentioned already...

Hellraiser was a pretty scary film back in the day.

Oh, and Poltergeist as well.

A movie that still gives me chills is Stephen King's "It". I still freak out when I see clowns.

Paranormal Activity 2 is the only recent film that I thought was scary at times.

Another older movie that still scares me is Pee Wee's Big Adventure. That guy is just creepy.

I hate to sound cliche, but sometimes cliches are true. We all know that, being MK fans, because MK is the cliche bloody gore game, and we all know that it truly is and its reputation is well deserved.

Anyway, for scariest movie of all time, I'd say it's a tie between The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre and it really just depends on which scenario scares you more.

You've probably seen the Exorcist, but a lot of people have never seen the original TCM. I implore you, see this movie! I had never seen it either, but one night when I was like 20 years old it came on Cinemax and I was like what the hell, I'll watch it. It scared the crap out of me. And I had already seen Cannibal Holocaust, Necromantik, Guinea Pig, as well as all the traditional Halloween, Living Dead, and so on movies.

If you think you've seen enough to not be scared by TCM, believe me, you haven't. It's visceral like nothing before or since. Forget Hostel and Saw, this is the original snuff film.

That's my rant on TCM. Exorcist is just creepy beyond words, even if you're not religious. A movie that offensive would never enjoy a mainstream theatrical release today.

Nothing has truly scared me in a film. When I was a kid doesn't count. I haven't been scared by any film for years. I want to see Insidious because I doubt it is scary. I love horror films, but they don't scare me at all.

Nightmare on el Street 1, scared the **** out of me when I was a kid. I grew to love the Nightmare on Elm street series and Horror movies in General =D

Also the Chuckie (the doll, the movie name excapes me right now) movies also were very scary when I was younger. But yeah after I grew up a bit I just started to like horros or not, I don't really get scared now, I'm addicted to horror movies :p

Hey just got back from watching insidious, nearly shat myself, anyways...

I was just wondering, what in your opinion is the scariest movie ever???

To me, the most traumatizing was signs, that movie left me scared for months, but then again, it might be because i watched it when i was like 8 :\

Also lol at darth mauls cameo in insidious :p
images

Insidious was a great movie but I was raised into horror flims for me I had to watch High school Musical and that scared me to dead
but I recomment Zombie by Luccio, Pieces, Tomb of the blind dead and a movie called Manic as well and 2001 manic that was pretty good

Last edited:
i'm not the type of person who's getting scared all the time by those popping monsters-type movies like the grudge or the ring or silent hill... i actually pretty entertained by those... im also a very big fan of violent-type scary movies like the saw or the texas chainsaw massacer... although i remember watching this movie when i was like 8 or 7... i think the movie's name was the cube or the box or something like that... it kept me horrified for like a week, just from a single scene... from what i remember the movie is about a bunch of people stuck together in some sort of a wierd cube, and they can't get out, and they are starting for freak out and they go ape sh1t and crazy...

I don't exactly have any movies that keep me up at night, but The Ring and Insidious are DEFINITELY the top 2. Samara ****s with my head, and and the dining room part of insidious scared the shit out of me and made me swear in
the middle of the movie theater.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PFapg3_vi...7NrLtrExjvY/s1600/samara_bigger_101020137.jpg

Tell me you wouldn't piss your pants if you woke up to THIS standing in your room at night.

I'm a hard sleeper she'd probably leave and say screw this now if she was breathing over while sleep I wake up fighting