Roster Speculation

Having up to 12 MK9 characters is not bad. MK9 was its most successful game so far, so it would make sense why they would have a fair proportion of returning characters, and they will still have room for plenty of other new characters...

What makes fighting games so different to other games is that players most often adopt a favourite or a main to play with, so taking into consideration MK9's success, it would make sense to appeal to the popularity factor aswell. We do not know all the roster yet, but I am sure they will have a fair few amount of new characters.

Problem I have with the confirmed and rumored MK9 characters announced is that they aren't really diverse. I'm not talking in play style, I'm talking story arc. It all seems to be about Cage and Family, with some other random stuff thrown in for sales purposes (Scorp, Sub, Raiden)

For the love of (whatever you feel), can someone just kill Kano so we can move on?

#yesimalittlebitterthatReptileisntconfirmedyet

#selfishlikeshellfish

I'm not saying Raiden is garbage or a throwaway, but I did word my previous comment poorly.

My main takeaway point was that I feel that there are too many resources (from the limited knowledge we have) into the Cage angle. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe it's incredible, or maybe it's all irrational fear.

I don't know why some people b**ch around because of returning MK9 characters. The characters from MK9 are all the playable fighters from MK1-MK3 including the best new from MK4 (Quan Chi) and the best new from MKDA (Kenshi). Around 90% of the new characters after MK3 are garbage. So why should they leave out popular and successful fighters just to have such characters like Daegon or Hso Hao playable?

The best thing for such characters is to appear in the comics and to be killed. Scorpion did a great job with Hsu Hao, this was the best Hsu Hao moment I've seen.

From the post MK3 characters I want Reiko, Fujin, Tanya, Kenshi and Havik to return. The rest can be torn apart in the comics.

From the MK9 characters I want Reptile, Ermac, Mileena and Baraka to return. I also like the new characters in MKX. The four new fighters we know are already better than 90% of the 3D-era.

I don't know why some people b**ch around because of returning MK9 characters. The characters from MK9 are all the playable fighters from MK1-MK3 including the best new from MK4 (Quan Chi) and the best new from MKDA (Kenshi). Around 90% of the new characters after MK3 are garbage. So why should they leave out popular and successful fighters just to have such characters like Daegon or Hso Hao playable?

The best thing for such characters is to appear in the comics and to be killed. Scorpion did a great job with Hsu Hao, this was the best Hsu Hao moment I've seen.

From the post MK3 characters I want Reiko, Fujin, Tanya, Kenshi and Havik to return. The rest can be torn apart in the comics.

From the MK9 characters I want Reptile, Ermac, Mileena and Baraka to return. I also like the new characters in MKX. The four new fighters we know are already better than 90% of the 3D-era.

My reason is simply that I'd like a new generation of kombatants. I believe MK9 was both a great reboot of the series, as well as a great farewell to the storylines and rivalries of the last 20 years. It wiped what had become a cluttered slate clean with mass character deaths.

I'd prefer as many of the returning characters as possible to be within Story Mode only, to save the roster slots for the new characters.

I'd prefer as many of the returning characters as possible to be within Story Mode only, to save the roster slots for the new characters.

Which is why I don't want Johnny Cage and Sonya to be playable. With Cassie there is somebody from the new generation. I don't want to say that I don't like JC and Sonya but with their daughter playable they would take away two slots from such characters like Ermac, Reptile or Baraka. I want diversity and not MK Bollywood.

Like you already said, being returning characters within the story mode would be perfect for Johnny and Sonya, IMO. At least only one of them playable would save one slot for somebody else. I would prefer Johnny to be playable.

Spoiler:
Mr. and Mrs. Cage were konfirmed playable months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I just said that I would like them to appear only in story mode, not playable. I wasn't talking about "konfirmed or not". Don't troll. BTW: This whole "Fatalities on relatives" do not confirm nothing, dude. At least not both. You write the same stuff over and over in every thread.

It's just you would think his ethnicity to consistent throughout all media. But then again maybe he's not in the game.

I know what you mean, but eh... it's not unheard of. They just want someone who can play the character's personality well.

With another Cho around, I really think both or one is going to be playable.

Bo' Rai Cho is not a Spanish word. "Borracho" is a Spanish word though, it literally means "drunk".

Bo' Rai Cho is actually a character I'd like to see in X. His gameplay style is sooo diferent from anything we've seen in MK9 that it'd add diversity, plus we need characters without projectiles in MK, more of them actually.

besohappy.jpg

Even if he doesn't make it into MKX, i'm still glad they didn't toss him aside and forget about him.
I'm excited to see how he's portrayed this time around.

EDIT: It also seems like I was right about Bo' Rai Cho training some of the new Earthrealm warriors.

Fixed. 8)

I don't see NRS having much interest in NEW characters either, or if they do, then they sure as hell aren't showing any of them.

We've got four new characters out of ten (eleven if you count Goro) announced characters. I fail to see how they don't have enough interest in them. lol For a while, all they talked about were the new characters. Boon wet himself every time he mentioned Cassie Cage.