Ripten interview

So far, the playable characters were Scorpion, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage (looking douchey-er than ever), Kitana, Raiden, Cyrax, Kano, Kung Lao, Reptile, Sektor, Shang Tsung, and Nightwolf.
Where's the visual evidence??? :eek:

Huh, I never noticed that they mentioned Kano, and Shang, yet no gameplay footage. Well to me, thats a good thing, regardless if its wrong.

DO: What are some of your favorite new things that you’ve put in this iteration of Mortal Kombat?

JE: I think a lot if it’s the 2D stuff, things like projectiles are way more important than they were in the 3D fighting games, it was pretty easy to sidestep those in the past, now the gameplay is more fast-paced, jump based, we’ve added dashes, we’ve added block cancels, dash cancels, more hardcore kind of fighting game aspects underneath the surface of this very fun, casual experience.

This is one thing I was should have pointed out in my Original post. Yet nobody even bothered, nor read the article I guess. Shame on this forum.

DO: What are some of your favorite new things that you’ve put in this iteration of Mortal Kombat?

JE: I think a lot if it’s the 2D stuff, things like projectiles are way more important than they were in the 3D fighting games, it was pretty easy to sidestep those in the past, now the gameplay is more fast-paced, jump based, we’ve added dashes, we’ve added block cancels, dash cancels, more hardcore kind of fighting game aspects underneath the surface of this very fun, casual experience.

This would fit better under "the infamous run button" thread.
Dashes, block cancels and dash cancels sound like great news for those complaining about not having a "Run" button.

This would fit better under "the infamous run button" thread.
Dashes, block cancels and dash cancels sound like great news for those complaining about not having a "Run" button.
The run button is still better.

Huh, I never noticed that they mentioned Kano, and Shang, yet no gameplay footage. Well to me, thats a good thing, regardless if its wrong.

This is one thing I was should have pointed out in my Original post. Yet nobody even bothered, nor read the article I guess. Shame on this forum.
Kano was confirmed with Cyrax. Kano is going to look b@dass, hope his cannonball returns also with an aerial eye laser stinger.