Remember this guy? lol!

Phil River

Do you remember this guy/troll/leaker/thief from the original thread: http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/17704-How-is-possible-(some-spoilers-in-thread)?

kaleb.jpg

Update?

He got pWned, by Sony DADC and Brazilian Police on April 19th...

Shame that he won't be playing MK in jail... So Sad... :reddy:

I would translate the news for you, but I'm too lazy to do that... Google Translator should do the trick here:

http://translate.google.com.br/tran...-novo-mortal-kombat-em-fabrica-no-brasil.html

That looks like a weird way to give someone the middle finger.

On topic, it's good to see justice was served. I thought he'd received his copy early from whichever store he pre-ordered it from. But if he stole it (and several other copies), he deserves whatever punishment they decide to give him.

This guy's going to need a cork where he's going. I love it when people like this get their comeuppance. :)

lol, did anyone actually read that? He's not going to jail as of yet. He's saying he bought it from a mysterious stranger and the police are looking for that guy he 'bought' it from and TOTALLY DID NOT MAKE UP. *Ahem* But I guess Sony is more concered about future leaks then they are that guy. He's probably gonna have to do a huge fine but no jail time. So: Do the time, pay the fine*

lol, did anyone actually read that? He's not going to jail as of yet. He's saying he bought it from a mysterious stranger and the police are looking for that guy he 'bought' it from and TOTALLY DID NOT MAKE UP. *Ahem* But I guess Sony is more concered about future leaks then they are that guy. He's probably gonna have to do a huge fine but no jail time. So: Do the time, pay the fine*

Well, actually, he's on temporary restraint, awaiting for the end of the investigations, If he goes to trial, and if it's true that he really bought the product from a thief, doesn't matter, in Brazilian Law is a crime anyway (Fencing), and if sentenced, around 1 to 4 years in jail.

Yeah sure, he can still pay the bail and be free, but still with a criminal offense in his book.

But anyway... he got pWned, and that's cool :)

It seems as though most people did not bother to read the article (or everyone understands Portuguese and Google's translator has completely failed me). Anyway, if his claim is true and there is no proof that he knew the game was stolen, I don't see why he would even need to pay a fine.

I confess I only glanced through it. After actually reading through it, it does make me feel differently about the situation. Still, I find it amusing how he bragged about getting the game early, and is not part of an ongoing investigation.

Thats what he deserves. Now he locked up. The Brazlian prison is bad from what I heard so he has to worry more than just dropping the soap.