Reason why Reptile needs a major NERF!!!

artofgarduno

Reptile is very unbalanced. Think about this, Reptile can have 3 projectiles coming after you on the screen at any given time all at once while Reptile himself can dash across the screen safely with little to no recovery time. Even if you block reptiles dash it is impossible to punish. My main point is that Reptile needs his fast dash to have more frames after its blocked to give players a chance to punish him. I consistently have problems with Reptile players. So far I am liking all the patch balancing. this is just one thing that I think is getting overlooked. What do you guys think? Am I the only one who is not able to punish his dash.

Reptile's glitch was already fixed? I mean the one where an invisible acid ball attacks you after you jump over it...

Reptile is very unbalanced. Think about this, Reptile can have 3 projectiles coming after you on the screen at any given time all at once while Reptile himself can dash across the screen safely with little to no recovery time. Even if you block reptiles dash it is impossible to punish. My main point is that Reptile needs his fast dash to have more frames after its blocked to give players a chance to punish him. I consistently have problems with Reptile players. So far I am liking all the patch balancing. this is just one thing that I think is getting overlooked. What do you guys think? Am I the only one who is not able to punish his dash.

ur wrong. reptile is not broken at all. if u use a teleporting character, teleport around his projectiles. if u don't use one, then just duck, jump or block. his orb recovery is massive so you can block it at close range and punish, or jump over it and punish. I main kitana and when I see an orb coming, I can square wave over it, land and still punish. when it comes to his dash, it is punishable by a full combo. I can get 40%+ combos start with 2 1 with kitana ONLINE. when you block his dash, it may look like ur in block stun, but in reality, reptile is actually recovering from the dash. his recovery stance isn't visible tho but its there. try going to training and set the reptile dummy to do his dash and practice blocking and punishing it. if u can't get the timing down, then practice throwing him after blocking the dash as that is much easier to do, especially online. when it comes to his ex dash, that one is actually more punishable than the regular one but people overlook it. although it still activates when you block it, one he does the 1st hit, he is hittable when he is going for the second hit, but again there's timing. it almost the same way as punishing scorpions ex teleport punch or nightwolfs ex shoulder charge, evade 1st hit, punish before the 2nd hit. hope this helps

Reptiles dash is punished by full combo on block, your problem is that online sucks and is laggy.

It's not punishable enough to land Any combo you want. For instance jade can only do like 15% at most. Because her combo starters are too slow.

Where as Kung Lao can punish it with spin and combo.

To those complaining about Reptile.

Learn to play.

I've beaten plenty of other Reptile players using both Rep and Sub, he isn't broken. You should expect the dash and be on-guard for it, you can at least punish with a throw online.

Not hard, not overpowered.

ur wrong. reptile is not broken at all. if u use a teleporting character, teleport around his projectiles. if u don't use one, then just duck, jump or block. his orb recovery is massive so you can block it at close range and punish, or jump over it and punish. I main kitana and when I see an orb coming, I can square wave over it, land and still punish. when it comes to his dash, it is punishable by a full combo. I can get 40%+ combos start with 2 1 with kitana ONLINE. when you block his dash, it may look like ur in block stun, but in reality, reptile is actually recovering from the dash. his recovery stance isn't visible tho but its there. try going to training and set the reptile dummy to do his dash and practice blocking and punishing it. if u can't get the timing down, then practice throwing him after blocking the dash as that is much easier to do, especially online. when it comes to his ex dash, that one is actually more punishable than the regular one but people overlook it. although it still activates when you block it, one he does the 1st hit, he is hittable when he is going for the second hit, but again there's timing. it almost the same way as punishing scorpions ex teleport punch or nightwolfs ex shoulder charge, evade 1st hit, punish before the 2nd hit. hope this helps

Ah dammit. You f*cker. lol
Thousands of people are going to see this and now my strategies with Reptile are voided. Thanks, bro. lol jk

This is actually very helpful advice. If the rep system still existed I'd give you +rep. Bravo! Every letter of this post is 100% accurate. Very good. People need this, and it gives me a challenge.

Adapt a new strategy...with Reptile.

Nerf nerf nerf nerf... Suck it up and Play.. Omg. If they did nerf every character the game would be so easy, and thats what make Fighters so fun the way you have to think about your match ups.

He's very annoying but not broken.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe his normal dash is slower than the other characters

i bolded each part where your wrong. he cannot have 3 projectiles out at "any given time" the only projectile that is remotely safe to use vs teleporters/within jumping range is acid spit, the forceballs have long enough animations they are entirely punishable and thus usually only used from full screen.

reptiles dash is punishable by fast specials, fast uppercuts and low pokes, and when i mean punishable i dont mean jedi level, i mean punishable by anyone with a marginally decent connection.

you have trouble with his dash, jump, the moment your chars feet leave the ground it will whiff, or stand within the dash range and block, you have no killed his dash mobility because he risks punishing.

the more you know *que rainbow effect*

i don't think he needs a nerf i think everyone else needs a buff

he could use a slight nerf, something like how raiden and kung lao are gttin nerfed. but u think EVERYONE needs a buff? some characters are already balanced and u want people like raiden, lao and freddy to receive BUFFS? ur mad....

So it's Reptile's turn for the nerf talk. He has slow movement speed and a lack of versitility (Straight forward ranged attacks are pretty much all he has). He has downsides to balance him out.

Reptile's awesome... to play with AND against! Kung Lao on the other hand is one dirty SOB in nooby AND especially in skilled hands.
Some bugs need to be fixed but it can't happen overnight for all of them, give it time gentlemen :)

i bolded each part where your wrong. he cannot have 3 projectiles out at "any given time" the only projectile that is remotely safe to use vs teleporters/within jumping range is acid spit, the forceballs have long enough animations they are entirely punishable and thus usually only used from full screen.

reptiles dash is punishable by fast specials, fast uppercuts and low pokes, and when i mean punishable i dont mean jedi level, i mean punishable by anyone with a marginally decent connection.

you have trouble with his dash, jump, the moment your chars feet leave the ground it will whiff, or stand within the dash range and block, you have no killed his dash mobility because he risks punishing.

the more you know *que rainbow effect*

QFT
Reason why this thread should be closed