Rank Jax's aesthetic design since his debut in MK2

GOTCHA!

Jax outfits.jpg

for me its:

12 - I like all the new MKX skins in general, but this classic looking Jax skin is my favorite out of the bunch. Visually, Jax should be all about testosterone, masculinity, and strength so what captures that better than shirtless Jax covered in scars lol.
11 - This is another great skin that came out for Jax in MKX. The vest, cigar, and the american flag simply look COOL!
7&8 - My old favorites before MKX
3&4 - Loved old spice Jax
2&15 - Trademark metal arms and the purple pants...classic
1 - Gotta love the original but now it feels off without the metal
16 - The debut of Jax dropping the spandex for solider pants which I think was a good decision. I also like the green du-rag Jax wore in this game lol.
6 - Minus the big, obnoxious dragon chain, this outfit was fun. Never understood the hate for it tbh.
14 - Farmer Jax looks fun...I like it.
13 - the dark, and edgy look doesn't really appeal to me, at all, but Jax makes this outfit work imo because of his size. It makes the outfit look more intimidating during gameplay instead of dorky looking like when Quan Chi/Reiko wear these type of outfits. Also, I appreciate all the detail NRS put into it.
5 - hated this outfit. The barret, over design arms, and goggles just kill it for me.
9 - lol
10 - That's not Jax...wtf were they thinking?

Last edited:
MK4 and MKSM Jax triumphs over all.

Seems like you like black guys just as much as you like black women, lol. J/K of course! :p

I really dug Jax's look in SF but Gotcha! didn't include it in this thread for some reason. :-/ I'll have to see more of MKX Jax but I think, thus far, mine is MK9 Jax.

MK2 Jax is the only good Jax. I loved the character until they gave him metal arms, then I lost complete interest.

I love the MKX concept art for Jax. I hope he looks that cool in game. Also hope that cigar's either part of his intros or at least his win pose.

Anyway, he'll probably pull a Kano and surprise the hell outta me.

MK3 Jax. The cybernetic arms gave him some extra flare and has become an iconic part of the character since.

MKX Jax is going to be a beast, I'm sure.

MK3 Jax is the best. I recently played MK2 and seeing Jax without his cybernetic arms just didn't feel right. I wasn't a big fan of his look in MK9, his face was off. I especially wasn't a fan of his pre-enhancement skin. Besides the overt racist undertones, I also don't get all the hate for the ghetto/flava-flav Jax costume. Some people are just picky I guess.

Seems like you like black guys just as much as you like black women, lol. J/K of course! :p

I really dug Jax's look in SF but Gotcha! didn't include it in this thread for some reason. :-/ I'll have to see more of MKX Jax but I think, thus far, mine is MK9 Jax.

wow, I completely forget about du rag Jax lol. Thanks for reminding me. I am gonna add that one to OP later.

MKX (guaranteed)
MK9 primary, MK9 alt
MK3
MKDA primary (don't mind the beret!)

The rest are all pretty trashy.

Hmmm visually, X seems to have the best Jax. But MK2 Jax was too beastly. Never was Jax A-tier material like in MK2 IMO. I too don't get the hate towards Jax or Sonya for that matter. I actually think he IS one the best African-American characters in fighting games, hands down!

Just thought of something: When I see Jax with the American flag, I immediately hear Hulk Hogan's iconic WWF theme song play.

I AM A REAL AMERICAN!
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN!
I AM A REAL AMERICAN!
FIGHT FOR FOR WHAT'S RIGHT, FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

MK2 Jax is the only good Jax. I loved the character until they gave him metal arms, then I lost complete interest.

I agree about the look and I didn't mind the arms too much but those pants....burn them fire please. All of the later changes were over the top imo.

Just thought of something: When I see Jax with the American flag, I immediately hear Hulk Hogan's iconic WWF theme song play.

I AM A REAL AMERICAN!
FIGHT FOR THE RIGHTS OF EVERY MAN!
I AM A REAL AMERICAN!
FIGHT FOR FOR WHAT'S RIGHT, FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!

You my friend win funny post of the day.

His metal arms are stupid because they didn't even add anything to his arsenal of abilities. All the shit he does with his metal arms, he did just fine without them in MKII.

His metal arms are stupid because they didn't even add anything to his arsenal of abilities. All the shit he does with his metal arms, he did just fine without them in MKII.

Actually, he gained a new projectile in Mortal Kombat 3 because of them: the missile.
In MKDA, he also gained the piston punch