Raiden Thread - 'Thunder Take You!'

Does Raidens EX Electrocute do anything? :-S it seems to be the same as the normal one except it takes longer to perform (if performed outside of a combo) I thought maybe it you could power it up, or catch people jumping at you in it, or at least more damage but i cant see anything o_O

(btw its the one where he lifts enemy into the air and electrocutes them for a couple of seconds)

This Raiden thread needs to be spiced up a bit...I kno everyone hates him but he still has fans that would like to learn him

Does Raidens EX Electrocute do anything? :-S it seems to be the same as the normal one except it takes longer to perform (if performed outside of a combo) I thought maybe it you could power it up, or catch people jumping at you in it, or at least more damage but i cant see anything o_O

(btw its the one where he lifts enemy into the air and electrocutes them for a couple of seconds)

He backs up and steps into it, so it takes longer. This is actually really helpful and I have some combos that can only be performed if you use the ex electrocute.

He backs up and steps into it, so it takes longer. This is actually really helpful and I have some combos that can only be performed if you use the ex electrocute.

to answer pwnstars question.
its a combo ender/extender, as the normal version wont work as an ender unless in the corner.
example:
b+3,1,2 to Ex electrocute ( then 3,3,4)

Hey yo, new potential Raiden player here :D It's either Raiden or JC, it seems they both fit my game style the most. Previously tried sub zero, but I just found him too defensive.

Just saying hi :). Shame most of the combos aren't written in Number coding :S

to answer pwnstars question.
its a combo ender/extender, as the normal version wont work as an ender unless in the corner.
example:
b+3,1,2 to Ex electrocute ( then 3,3,4)
You can do his normal electrocute after B3-1-2. His EX moves really don't have any benefits combo-wise as far as I know. His EX fly attack will go through projectiles though.

You can do his normal electrocute after B3-1-2.
Do you need a dash after B+3,1,2 dash then electrocute, I'm finding that after the 2 the enemy is too far away for electrocute to work

I can only seem to get the electrocute off if its in a corner

Do you need a dash after B+3,1,2 dash then electrocute, I'm finding that after the 2 the enemy is too far away for electrocute to work

I can only seem to get the electrocute off if its in a corner
You don't need a dash. I'm not sure if it's a timing issue or an initial distance issue. You need to start inputting the electrocute before Raiden's finished his B3-1-2 combo (but not too soon, or else he won't do the 2. Start when he's doing the 1). For the initial distance, it seems to make a difference depending on how close you are to the person before you start the combo. I think starting the combo so that you're just barely able to hit them with the first B3 makes them close to you by the time 2 rolls around so you can shock them.

I find the B3-1-2 to electrocute string to be pretty risky, especially online. If you miss (which happens a lot due to lag and timing) you're stuck there in electrocute animation for a good second. There are good combos from 2-2-electrocute, and 3-3-4, teleport, F2, electrocute.

He really is a Mother F***** to play against. Not that I don't like him as a character.

lol, I don't find him to be too bad to play against, just really lame to play against an online torpedo spammer. It's not hard to beat those guys, it just makes the fight boring.

Lol, my dad's favorite Character right here, Raiden.
I have hardly used him in MK9.. I think for awhile he was Cyrax tier.
Spent a little time with him in Training.. getting the moves all worked out.
Really underused online, I may have fought 4 Raidens since release.

I'm joining the dark side.

I'm still using Baraka, Kano and Sindel as my power three, but I just can't click with Freddy and QC like I thought I would.

I want a powerful 4th and so I'm here for Raiden. I know he isn't well liked, but he's actually fun to use. Some of his pressure is great.

I hope this thread is still active. I am just getting back into playing MK, its been my favorite game since I had the playstation 1. I was wondering can someone give me some advice on how to time the shocker AFTER the teleport for any of his combos? Currently I am just getting his combos slowly down but its this one that is driven me mad!!

I am trying the combo (xbox 360)--(<-- + X), Y, B...teleport than shock, I have been practicing for about a week now with still nothing, I can every now and then get a puch in but after that I cant.

Raiden is very good, I should have started using this character a long time ago.

He has quite a few 35-40% mid screen meterless combos off of his B312 and 334, as well as his over heads. His teleport is ridiculously good and he even has pretty good AA's. He obliterates characters like Mileena.

Raiden is very good, I should have started using this character a long time ago.

He has quite a few 35-40% mid screen meterless combos off of his B312 and 334, as well as his over heads. His teleport is ridiculously good and he even has pretty good AA's. He obliterates characters like Mileena.

He obliterates characters like Mileena.

I hate you with a passion now Flagg...

Jk :love:

But Seriously though, It's so hard to ball on reaction after a teleport.. You have to do the input in the Direct that he teleports in, or if the Raiden player is to slow to make a move after the teleport you can grab him.

One of my least favorite match ups to deal with, 1st comes Cage :|