Rage Quiters in MKX should they be penalized?

i always quit the match if the other player is clearly a beginner and does not know what theyre doing. would that get marked down as a rage quit? i really dont want to have to sit through matches that are pointless id rather quit and move on.

Are you AGAINST rage quitters or are you one of them? There is no middle ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
THERE is a middle-ground, thinking otherwise makes you a neanderthal! Again, nothing is in absolutes!!!

I never rage-quit in my life! Lmao, even when the matches lagged terribly, or even when players hustled me into picking someone I do not play so that they can beat me into a pulp.

I just do not care that much. I think I am a pretty good gamer, and I value the entertainment and fun of getting better more than some elitist view where I have to fatality and beat everyone, and I do not believe people who do not allow me to rip off their heads virtually deserve to be hurt financially. I am all for a system similar to KI (rage quitting = you play against rage quitters temporairly) but if you REALLY believe what you are saying, then you are a neanderthal. Absolutes don't work.

I care more about fun, watching rage-quitters quit and send me hate messages, whooping on respectable gamers who allow me to fatality them as my reward and having fun... you are an elitist dealing in absolutes, and absolutes lead to problems.

That is why society is so disturbingly corrupt and messed up sometimes, because of absolutes that disregard circumstance. Absolutes make for Hitlers.

I am not a rage-quitter, nor am I an advocate of one. I simply do not GIVE A F--- enough to agree with what your brain is communicating.

i always quit the match if the other player is clearly a beginner and does not know what theyre doing. would that get marked down as a rage quit? i really dont want to have to sit through matches that are pointless id rather quit and move on.

Yes, because you quit in the first place. You should be expected to complete that fight.

THERE is a middle-ground, thinking otherwise makes you a neanderthal! Again, nothing is in absolutes!!!

I never rage-quit in my life! Lmao, even when the matches lagged terribly, or even when players hustled me into picking someone I do not play so that they can beat me into a pulp.

I just do not care that much. I think I am a pretty good gamer, and I value the entertainment and fun of getting better more than some elitist view where I have to fatality and beat everyone, and I do not believe people who do not allow me to rip off their heads virtually deserve to be hurt financially. I am all for a system similar to KI (rage quitting = you play against rage quitters temporairly) but if you REALLY believe what you are saying, then you are a neanderthal. Absolutes don't work.

I care more about fun, watching rage-quitters quit and send me hate messages, whooping on respectable gamers who allow me to fatality them as my reward and having fun... you are an elitist dealing in absolutes, and absolutes lead to problems.

That is why society is so disturbingly corrupt and messed up sometimes, because of absolutes that disregard circumstance. Absolutes make for Hitlers.

I am not a rage-quitter, nor am I an advocate of one. I simply do not GIVE A F--- enough to agree with what your brain is communicating.
Maybe it is just a game, but does that mean the integrity of it is meaningless? Because the integrity of the game means EVERYTHING to me, even if the game itself isn't that important. I expect that integrity to be upheld at all times, at all costs, and by all people. How one respects that integrity is a perfect representation of that person's moral character. Do rage quitters look like people who respect the integrity of the game to you?

Maybe it is just a game, but does that mean the integrity of it is meaningless? Because the integrity of the game means EVERYTHING to me, even if the game itself isn't that important. I expect that integrity to be upheld at all times, at all costs, and by all people. How one respects that integrity is a perfect representation of that person's moral character. Do rage quitters look like people who respect the integrity of the game to you?

Nope, they sure do not.

But you do not know the integrity of the person behind that screen, even if you play them and they quit... it could be for a multitude of reasons. Their wife or mom can turn off their console, or their could be a power outage and their console goes off...

hence, these circumstances create the inability to fairly implement absolutes.

Nope, they sure do not.

But you do not know the integrity of the person behind that screen, even if you play them and they quit... it could be for a multitude of reasons. Their wife or mom can turn off their console, or their could be a power outage and their console goes off...

hence, these circumstances create the inability to fairly implement absolutes.

If their gamertag still shows up as "Online", then those excuses go out the window.

If you guys ever played 'Spartacus Legends'. Before they changed it, they had a 'quitting penalty' where if you "raged quit' or somehow got disconnected, after so many warnings, Your gladiator was forfeit to "appease the crowd's hunger for blood". Basically you lost that hard earned and developed gladiator forever. There was NO getting him back AT ALL, you had to purchase and train a new gladiator from scratch. The Penalty for quitting so many times.

One of the drawbacks of this was that, it effected BOTH sides. So say the person u fought against quitted or lost connection, then you also got that warning along with your opponent. After like 4 disconnections(your fault or not) , the last gladiator you fought with during ur 4th disconnection would disappear/be forfeited forever.

This was an issue with alot of people because they had to spend REAL money to buy the fake money(mainly gold coins) needed to purchase certain high ranking gladiators and equipment AND to revive gladiators and the revival cost rose higher each time u lost a match with that gladiator. So if you did not have the funds to revive that gladiator on the spot, then you lost him forever.

So to lose these costly(both real and fake cost) gladiators forever due to people rage quitting was not cool. So they took that feature off.

All this is to say, I do agree 100% that rage quitting should be punished in some kind of way in games, but be severe enough to where people will think twice about doing it.

If you guys ever played 'Spartacus Legends'. Before they changed it, they had a 'quitting penalty' where if you "raged quit' or somehow got disconnected, after so many warnings, Your gladiator was forfeit to "appease the crowd's hunger for blood". Basically you lost that hard earned and developed gladiator forever. There was NO getting him back AT ALL, you had to purchase and train a new gladiator from scratch. The Penalty for quitting so many times.

One of the drawbacks of this was that, it effected BOTH sides. So say the person u fought against quitted or lost connection, then you also got that warning along with your opponent. After like 4 disconnections(your fault or not) , the last gladiator you fought with during ur 4th disconnection would disappear/be forfeited forever.

This was an issue with alot of people because they had to spend REAL money to buy the fake money(mainly gold coins) needed to purchase certain high ranking gladiators and equipment AND to revive gladiators and the revival cost rose higher each time u lost a match with that gladiator. So if you did not have the funds to revive that gladiator on the spot, then you lost him forever.

So to lose these costly(both real and fake cost) gladiators forever due to people rage quitting was not cool. So they took that feature off.

All this is to say, I do agree 100% that rage quitting should be punished in some kind of way in games, but be severe enough to where people will think twice about doing it.
WHOA! That's a LOT stiffer than I had in mind. I was thinking WB should issue real-world monetary fines to offenders.

WHOA! That's a LOT stiffer than I had in mind. I was thinking WB should issue real-world monetary fines to offenders.

I was actually fine with it. The only reason I didnt like it was because If I lost more than like 4 matches, I had to pay a substantial amount to revive my guy by the 4th time and ALOT of times I never had enough fake money to revive him(because I was not about to spend REAL money to buy the fake money for this game) so I had to let them die. Lol

But ALOT of people were spending REAL money on this game to do that stuff, and then turned around and lost them forever anyway, due to people rage quitting too much on them, so... yea it was harsh.

I was actually fine with it. The only reason I didnt like it was because If I lost more than like 4 matches, I had to pay a substantial amount to revive my guy by the 4th time and ALOT of times I never had enough fake money to revive him(because I was not about to spend REAL money to buy the fake money for this game) so I had to let them die. Lol

But ALOT of people were spending REAL money on this game to do that stuff, and then turned around and lost them forever anyway, due to people rage quitting too much on them, so... yea it was harsh.

Exactly why I said absolutes don't work. ;)

I believe the rules should apply equally.

Which is exactly where we disagree, and why you believe in absolutes and I do not...

I quit at the select screen when I can tell it's going to be a laggy connection. Or if I play someone who really sucks at the game, and we get the runback, I'll quit.

I also quit during fatalities in Ranked MK9. Don't feel like sitting through it. Just want to get to the next match.

No, that's not how you say "what did you say", THIS is how you do it.

hqdefault.jpg

WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!?!

Calmer intentions were in mind...plus the picture fits better with his 'Absolutes' comment.

Because only Sith deals in Absolutes...
But you used that pissed-off South Park bus driver's line...