Quality Assurance Control Idea

Section_25

Over the last few years I have seen several games released for both PS3 and 360 that have serious problems that almost make the game unplayable. One of these titles is Fallout: New Vegas for example.

I just got an email with what looked like a good deal on this game but when I went in and read a few reviews I was shocked at all complaints about this game being unplayable because of game freezes.

I haven't played this game but out of say 100 reviews 80 of them had given the game the poorest rating because of game freezes so obviously there are serious issues with this game.

What bothers me about a situation like this is the attitude of these game developers. Most of them have the attitude of " oh well, we will address it in a patch later on " but in the meantime please pay us full price for our product. In my opinion this is stealing and unfortunately it is becoming the norm for a lot of games released nowadays.

Something needs to happen that holds these developers liable if their product falls into the unplayable category. I'm talking about either an immediate patch "fix" or a total reimbursement for the cost of the game with shipping charges paid by them.

My idea for quality control is that both PS3 and 360 get their own or contract testers to play newly released games thoroughly and give them some type of rating or if a game is so riddled with bugs that it falls into an unplayable category the game is kicked back for additional development by the developers.

I just wanted some feedback on this because like I said, it seems like a lot of games released are really messed up and these developers are not held liable at all so they really could care less as they watch their bank accounts grow. I have a feeling that if this trend with games continues that it will only get worse in the future. :y:

I've been thinking about something similar! in fact i rant to my friend a lot about how they release unfinished games nowadays... its freakin' ridiculous!