Price Levels for MK9 Kollector's and Tournament Editions (Official)

ShawnBronald

I went to GameStop last night to UPGRADE to the Kollector's Edition, and the clerck told me that they didn't have the Kollector and Tournament Editions in their system yet.

Does anyone know when the Kollector's Edition and Tournament Edition will be available for Pre-Order @ GameStop?

Pat?

I just checked Gamestop.com and they're both available as we speak.

THEundying27

BANALITY
2 QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

1. Ive never preordered from gamestop online before, if I preorder now, will they charge my credit now?

2. Did anyone notice the release date on gamestop: 4/1/2010 i thought it was the 19th

The 7th Number

I had a feeling it would be 60, 100, 150. It really sucks not having a job, you see all these games come out with good stuff packed in, and you cant buy it. Ill probably miss out on these awesome book ends. Just like how i missed out on the Assassins Creed jack in the box. :(

2 QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

1. Ive never preordered from gamestop online before, if I preorder now, will they charge my credit now?

2. Did anyone notice the release date on gamestop: 4/1/2010 i thought it was the 19th

1. No they charge you when it ships.

2. They havent updated their site, gamestop will have the correct shipping date when it matters.

THEundying27

BANALITY
I had a feeling it would be 60, 100, 150. It really sucks not having a job, you see all these games come out with good stuff packed in, and you cant buy it. Ill probably miss out on these awesome book ends. Just like how i missed out on the Assassins Creed jack in the box. :(

1. No they charge you when it ships.

2. They havent updated their site, gamestop will have the correct shipping date when it matters.

Awesome! Thanks!

Side Note: I really would like to see Scorpions Toasty and Reptiles to help make a final decision on where to preorder. I assume Subzero's spine rip will be the exact same one we saw on GameTrailers, and that one was pretty hardcore.

Lex_Lutha111384

This is awsome!!!! I wanna buy all 3 im so stoked!! well the 150 dollar version at least!! thanks netherrealm for resparking my passion for the franchise!!

Eclipso

It has the Street Fighter layout

2 rows, with 4 buttons

it's gonna take some getting use to, but then again i might just play MK on a controller

I tried getting used to it with MKvDC on the 360 and couldnt (couldnt find a comfy spot for the block button) so I went back to the PS3 controller. I am going to get the TE edition for the stick for the 360 and the 150 price point to me is a good deal.

Jinko

'Strayan Moderator
These are amazing deals if you ask me. Here in Australia, Standard Editions cost $110 and Collectors Editions can get up to $250.

Taj Gill

WHAT!?!?!? I didnt even think about that!!!! Plus I dont even have Xbox Live and I was planning to get that as well when I buy this game! *sighs* If its a really solid artbook and the model is designed really well, then I might buy the Kollecters Edition after all..I dont buy games often and usually max number of games I buy per year is around 3...guess ill just have to get xbox live later...

p.s. how are exams goin?

Aw man, yeah Xbox live is a total rip off now, its 70 or 60 bucks here in canada and they removed the bonus month you get. I am getting the kollector's edition no matter what, my birthday present from my parents will be the pre-ordering of the kollector's edition, since my birthday is in January lol. 19 is an important age in Ontario, I will be officially legal haha :D. but anyways yeah i dont buy a lot of games either, i buy games if i know im going to play them lol. And first exam was yesterday for me, last one on friday, how about you?

The only thing that I'm wondering is whether we can still get the Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile Classic Costumes and Classic Fatalities with the STANDARD version.

I'll probably end up spending the addional $40 on DLC, anyways. LOL

Yeah you do get it with the standard version, it even says on Gamestop's website. What is very confusing is that in the kollector's and tourney editions is that theyre giving away a retro ninja kostume. Since they havent specified which one it is, we have been led to confusion thinking that retro ninja kostume is the one you get when you pre-order from the specific store. That, however is not the case, as the Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile costumes are seperate entities from the retro kostume included in the kollector's and tournament editions, it is evident because they are giving away the codes with standard versions of the game. So we are going to be getting a completely different ninja's retro kostume in the kollector's and tournament editions, we do not know which ninja it is yet, as well as the pre-order store exclusive skins... I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Any idea who you guys think the ninja kostume that comes with the special editions might be? i have a feeling that youre gonna enter the DLC code and then you have a choice between the ninjas and you get to download just one for free...

Last edited:

Taj Gill

How is XBL a rip off because it costs more?

I'd pay $100 per year if i had too for XBL. PSN is a joke.

I'm talking about what they have now, compared to what they had before, in Canada. Obviously we are still gonna buy it, but its annoying that we have to pay 10 bucks more and lose the bonus month.

Tim Static

Jesus Christ, $100 for the KE? I expected maybe $20 more than the standard version at the most. I'm going to have to rethink this.

The statue that is included in the KE looks to be very high quality, something you'd easily want to pay $40 for. Heard we will be getting better pictures soon.

As far as the stick prices, also if the quality is top notch you are getting the game AND a great stick for $140. That's a steal.

Plus, after a $5-$10 down payment, you have 4-5 months to save up!!

Eclipso

Damn, went and switched my preorder from the standard to the TE and come home to find Ermac has been revealed. Good day!

ZoopSoul

Might buy both and give the second copy to a friend. The joys of disposable income. =) Gotta decide where I want to buy: Amazon and Best Buy or Amazon and GameStop. I will use Scorpion more than Sub-Zero, but who doesn't love Subby's spine rip? Furthermore, I avoid giving GS my money when I can... Decisions, decisions.