Perfect game to send Baraka packing

Barakas the exact kind of character MKX needs. the roster is far too over populated with boring generic human characters.

characters like baraka mix it up. and his move sets could be well minipulated with the variation system.

im shocked hes not in the main roster, theres actually no dark evil looking badass monster types in MKX :/ feels like a huge piece of the puzzle is missing

sad part is most of those humans you claim as boring were among the most used in mk9 and are some of the most iconic in the series.

Baraka is cool i like him but besides in mkd when you could simply use his blades as a primary fighting style, his gameplay has been rather underwhelming. He has limited moves and abilities and he wouldn't fit well with the variations. And hes not popular enough for them to kill off a character like they did with kitana and jade in order to give him more moves and it simply wouldn't fit him. At least he will show up in the game.

i think Baraka will be unlockable now, i got a feeling. Maybe he could be a third unlockable by gaining everything in the Krypt? If only..

Baraka would be PERFECT for MKXs new variation system.
I can easily see 3 different variations. One based on blades, one on more hand-to-hand, and another based on more distanced blade moves.
After seeing him in 2 scenes, I have hope he'd might be in the game, but the roster is full so far. Would be nice if we has in.
Don't think he's in though.

He's indeed perfect and it's just weird how he's the only one unique character out of every MK2 playables to be left out. Shang Tsung at least have similar characters with Quan Chi & Shinnok. Mileena has biting, but other than that, she is not the fierce looking monster that is Baraka.

Also, the teasing lately cannot be coincidence can it? First the achievement photo, then the teaser for the launch trailer, now the mention during the stream..

i think Baraka will be unlockable now, i got a feeling. Maybe he could be a third unlockable by gaining everything in the Krypt? If only..
To be honest with you, I'll be really disappointed if they waste (IMO) the unlockable character slot on Baraka.

If there are multiple unlockables then it's not an issue, though I'd prefer Rain, Fujin, etc.

Baraka's bladed forearm has been confirmed, mark my words. Kotal and Erron's dialogue may be clue. Kotal might have tasked Erron with taking out Mileena's General.

I just thought back on Baraka's inclusion in games and it's actually very underwhelming, out of the regular MK games (so no crossovers, mythologies, trilogy, armageddon or MK9 for that matter) it's been as follows:
- Introduced in MK2
- Left out of MK3
- Left out of MK4 (Gold was gamecast exclusive so does not really count)
- Left out of MK5 / DA
- Brought back as the first reveal in a major way for MK6 / Deception
- Left out of MKX?

I had hope for him returning in MK11 but if this pattern repeats itself, who knows how long it will take. NRS clearly does not think he's as iconic as some fans like myself do. We don't even know if they will do another MK9 type game, since who would they bring back and leave out cause that's been done now...

I just thought back on Baraka's inclusion in games and it's actually very underwhelming, out of the regular MK games (so no crossovers, mythologies, trilogy, armageddon or MK9 for that matter) it's been as follows:
- Introduced in MK2
- Left out of MK3
- Left out of MK4 (Gold was gamecast exclusive so does not really count)
- Left out of MK5 / DA
- Brought back as the first reveal in a major way for MK6 / Deception
- Left out of MKX?

I had hope for him returning in MK11 but if this pattern repeats itself, who knows how long it will take. NRS clearly does not think he's as iconic as some fans like myself do. We don't even know if they will do another MK9 type game, since who would they bring back and leave out cause that's been done now...

The Tarkatan arm on Erron's back, in that 1 variation, has me thinking that it belongs to Baraka.
The way that NRS gave Kitana the glaive and bo that belonged to Jade in her "Mournful" variation has me thinking that this could also be the case with Erron Black / Baraka.
Who knows?
It could also just be a generic Tarkatan arm, but (IMO) Baraka's chances don't look good.

it's the perfect game to send Sonya packing. actually she shouldn't even be playable. boring character and gets mopped up in the story over and over until Johnny saves her. it's hilarious.

the title of this thread should be " Perfect game to NOT send baraka packing"

because out of all the classic characters he is one of the most fitting to the darker gritty gory tone

Speculation & Rumors going about that since Erron Black has a variation with a Tarkatan Arm/Blade in one of his variations, is that it belongs to Baraka! While i doubt it to be true it would be interesting.

Possible Baraka making a cameo with one arm would be cool though. Possible having a a Tarkatan Blade through his arm kinda like Azog from The Hobbit series!

And if he is dead, a new tarkatan leader/character can rise up

Speculation & Rumors going about that since Erron Black has a variation with a Tarkatan Arm/Blade in one of his variations, is that it belongs to Baraka! While i doubt it to be true it would be interesting.

Possible Baraka making a cameo with one arm would be cool though. Possible having a a Tarkatan Blade through his arm kinda like Azog from The Hobbit series!

And if he is dead, a new tarkatan leader/character can rise up

Maybe one arm fully bladed like the nemesis of T-1000 in Terminator 2 ;) No Baraka's name alone is too cool to replace.

That's just a random tarkatan arm. They won't kill Baraka that way and they wouldn't hint it in a stream if he was, they said that just to generate speculation.

Funny how the tarkatan arm was never explained though it's obvious not Baraka. With him being treated like a lacky again, I stand by my point.

Baraka is dead.
He was killed by D'Vorah and Erron Black works with Kotal Kahn, so the possibility is still there that it indeed is Baraka's arm.

I wonder how many people that said that Baraka was unlockable are still looking for him in the Krypt or still trying to unlock him. :laugh: