Ok we need to talk about the lack of female characters!

Rider

Seriously we have 11 playable characters announced and only 2 of them are females!
D'Vorah half-insect, half-woman and Cassie Cage. That's it.

What do YOU think? Do you think that this is enough for now? How many females will we get in final roster? Do you want any specific female character to be in the game?

Discuss.

I am sure there will be a fair amount of females, but it is weird that no females have been revealed as of yet.

Not even half the characters have been announced yet but people are already complaining about a lack of female characters? -___-
It's safe to assume that we will get a similar number of female characters as MK9, there's nothing to complain about until suggested otherwise.

As long as Tanya is in it, I'm good!

This, really. Tanya is the only female character I really want in MKX.
My main fave character, Jade, was awesome in MK9, and though I'd like to see in her in MKX, I understand she isn't one of the main priority characters and that she doesn't really need to return. However, MKX is the perfect opportunity for Tanya to return and be awesome!

I would also like to see Nitara and Sareena make a return, but they're not all that popular.
Mileena is an MK9 survivor and her story could evolve into some really interesting things which I'd like to see.
Kitana is popular enough to return from the dead as a playable character, and hopefully she will be part of Edenia's freedom in this new timeline.

But I would also love to see at least 1 more new female character. I quite like the 2 we already got, Cassie and D'Vorah (not counting Ferra as her own character).

Why are people not counting Ferra as a female character? She's female, and she's a character.... she's a female character.

Yeah, why don't a lot of you guys count Ferra? She's female, she's playable, her name gets announced first in the duo, she's the one that talks more, she should count.

Also, the game caters more to male fans than female. For some reason, showing off a lot of testosterone appeals more to men than women. So of course, they're going to show off the males more than the females.

Can you control Ferra alone and play with her?

No.

So basically by this statement alone, she should not count as a female character?

Please tell me you're joking. Please, because that makes no goddamn sense at all.

She counts just like D'Vorah and Cassie. Just because you don't necessarily play AS her ALONE doesn't mean she should not count as a female character.

She is female, not PLAYABLE female character. Go back and read OP.

Weird, could have sworn the name is FERRA Torr, not just Torr. Damn, Netherrealm Studios need to check that and correct it before the game's release, otherwise people will get confused.

So that's three females who are playable, because if it's Ferra Torr and not just Torr, you're technically playing as Ferra, despite you're more so controlling Torr.

I don't see how you're not getting this.

She is female, not PLAYABLE female character. Go back and read OP.

Considering that you(the player) must input moves that make Ferra stab and otherwise prod on Torr, I'd have to say that yes, Ferra is playable. Besides, as others have said - the full roster has not been revealed yet so no, we don't really need to talk about the lack of female characters.

Ferra is female, yes, but she is not a solo character on her own. She is with Torr who is the character you control. You never really control Ferra, Torr just throws her at the opponent and such. She's more an accassory than an actual character.

Considering that you(the player) must input moves that make Ferra stab and otherwise prod on Torr, I'd have to say that yes, Ferra is playable. Besides, as others have said - the full roster has not been revealed yet so no, we don't really need to talk about the lack of female characters.

If you don't feel the need to talk about it leave, it's simple.
And don't post.

Ferra is female, yes, but she is not a solo character on her own. She is with Torr who is the character you control. You never really control Ferra, Torr just throws her at the opponent and such. She's more an accassory than an actual character.

Thank you!

But that shouldn't not count.

We have three, not two. Just because you don't take full control of her alone doesn't mean she shouldn't count. As said before, the name is FERRA Torr, not just Torr. You should count her because she's essential to two of the three variations. Hell, you use her as a projectile. Even though she doesn't ride Torr in one of their variations, she's still there on the side as support/rooting. She's apart of the character duo, people talk to her in intros... I don't get how she can't be included.

Her not being in full control shouldn't mean she can't be counted as a female character.

We have three, not two. That's all I'm saying.

I don't consider her playable character, you DON'T have full control over her, you don't play with her, you can't learn combos with her.
For me there are 2 female playable characters.

The end.

But she's used in moves, I mean you throw her, so technically you can learn combos with her in a variation that has you throwing her.

So... Explain that one?