Official "Spoiler Questions & Clues" Thread

Taj Gill

TY for understanding that, at least in this thread, hidden spoilers should come with explanations as to what they're spoiling.
I made that clear in the OP that people asking for a potential spoiler to be true should have a clue as to what it is, so that way people can either decide to see or not. People have trouble comprehending on this forum. The evidence is so apparent from this, not knowing what time or what site the Kombat Kasts are on, etc.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

p.W

I'm surprised this hasn't been asked yet:

What's going on with Goro? Does he appear? Is he any cool? Is it only in flashbacks, or also in the present?

p.W

Continuing the Goro discussion, minor Rain spoiler:

Spoiler:
He appears nowhere in story mode.

Spoiler:
That's inexplicably bizarre. They worked Rain into the story and gave him a fight, and they couldn't find a place for someone to beat Goro up in a flashback? With his completed model, voice work, variations, and everything? Bizarre, man. Bizarre. I'm not a huge Goro fan or anything, but I'm actually a bit disappointed.

Lord Greyjoy

Continuing the Goro discussion, minor Rain spoiler:
Spoiler:
That's inexplicably bizarre. They worked Rain into the story and gave him a fight, and they couldn't find a place for someone to beat Goro up in a flashback? With his completed model, voice work, variations, and everything? Bizarre, man. Bizarre. I'm not a huge Goro fan or anything, but I'm actually a bit disappointed.
continuing discussion:
Spoiler:
It honestly feels like Rain and some of the other fightable NPCs were intended to be in the game, but were not finished and included because of the game's release deadline. A lot of them have new outfits, dialogue and ported-over movesets with some new animations and visual effects. That's a lot of the leg work taken care of.

Guyver Spawn

Spoiler:
Goro was likely created after the story mode was written. He was likely created during the summer of last year before he was officially announced.

Guyver Spawn

Is also the Fatality Trainer from MK9 back as well? I love it in MK9 because I get to watch the fatalities without going through Arcade mode.

mandead

Who gets revived during story mode? Is it just
Spoiler:
Jax?
Spoiler:
Yes.

Optional:

Spoiler:
Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana retain their Revenant forms from the end of MK9; their primary costumes seem to be non-canon (although I really like all of them, especially Liu's which has grown on me a lot since I first saw it).

Raiden's updated Dark Raiden costume has a slight Revenant look to it as well, although it seems to be more super-god than undead.

Elias6999

Spoiler:
Yes.

Optional:

Spoiler:
Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana retain their Revenant forms from the end of MK9; their primary costumes seem to be non-canon (although I really like all of them, especially Liu's which has grown on me a lot since I first saw it).

Raiden's updated Dark Raiden costume has a slight Revenant look to it as well, although it seems to be more super-god than undead.

Thanks! And yes, the non revenant outfits are good lol.

mandead

Thanks! And yes, the non revenant outfits are good lol.
Yeah, they look pretty sweet. I'm really glad they did that, as it provides consistency with the other costumes/roster icons and obviously gives us another costume for those characters, which can't be bad. :)

I think they should have had the balls to put Subby and Scorpion's proper costumes up as primaries, though. They're the only ones who look out of place. At the very least they should have just switched Subby's primary and alt.

mandead

There isn't a random questions thread, so I thought I'd just ask these two here. No spoiler tags necessary.

1. In the opening cinematic, Quan Chi fires a green skull with a spine at Raiden, and it wraps around him. Is it possible to do a move like this in-game, or is purely a cinematic effect?

2. I know that certain stages have alternative variants (i.e. Infected Sky Temple) but how do you access them?

RpTheHotrod

There isn't a random questions thread, so I thought I'd just ask these two here. No spoiler tags necessary.

1. In the opening cinematic, Quan Chi fires a green skull with a spine at Raiden, and it wraps around him. Is it possible to do a move like this in-game, or is purely a cinematic effect?

2. I know that certain stages have alternative variants (i.e. Infected Sky Temple) but how do you access them?

I unlocked some in the Krypt, I believe.

mandead

Are the arcade endings cannon?
Spoiler:
We won't know for sure until future MK games, but some probably will be. For example, several endings refer to Kenshi and Takeda murdering Daegon -- who killed Takeda's mother -- and rescuing Taven, and it seems likely that Shang Tsung will return once Ermac dies and his souls are dispersed.

Taj Gill

Meh I guess it still has a purpose if people are thinking of playing the game. TehPredator was probably getting his post count up though lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk