Official "Spoiler Questions & Clues" Thread

PhantomCyrax

Hoooow do you do Brutalities again? I know that it must be on the last round when the enemy has low health, but what do you do?

Spoiler:
Each character has to do different things for each brutality. I think I saw one of Scorpions and it said you had to win the 2nd round with 50% or more health and that you also had to end the round with an enhanced spear. I think those are the prerequisites for the spear brutality in the brutality trailer.

Bart

As for the "surprise returning character" boss:
Spoiler:
It is indeed a returning character, and for some people he can also be surprising, so I don't see any inconsistencies in here :laugh:

Cryo

As for the "surprise returning character" boss:
Spoiler:
It is indeed a returning character, and for some people he can also be surprising, so I don't see any inconsistencies in here :laugh:

There's no realm of possibility in which that character is "surprising".

Cryo

Also, didn't they say it wouldn't be someone who has been a boss in previous games, or am I just imagining that part?

Boon is full of shit. That's why I always say that the "we won't repeat DLC" statement people seem to use to contradict Rain fans that say could be DLC is totally invalid.

Rain can be DLC, there's no reason for him not to be, he has more chances than anyone, he has a model, a voice and half a moveset done...

gosoxtim

Boon is full of shit. That's why I always say that the "we won't repeat DLC" statement people seem to use to contradict Rain fans that say could be DLC is totally invalid.

Rain can be DLC, there's no reason for him not to be, he has more chances than anyone, he has a model, a voice and half a moveset done...

Half a movesets all of his moves were copy and pasted from mk9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theincubuslord

And Tanya's are copied from other characters' moves in Story Mode as you fight her as an NPC, but when coming out as DLC, that won't be the case. The same could be done for Rain.

PhantomCyrax

Spoiler:
Does the cliffhanger have a teaser for a major villain like Onaga similar what MK9 did with Shinnok?

Spoiler:
Im not sure if it what is teased is "Major" villain material so I cant really give a good answer. Its best to answer for yourself when the game comes out.

Cryo

That's not entirely true, the visual effects are brand new.

And even if they weren't, how is that any different from Reptile's moves for example?

gosoxtim

Okay the visual effects are new but not the moves as for reptile he still does have his universals but has different stuff that. Makes him unique

Cryo

Okay the visual effects are new but not the moves as for reptile he still does have his universals but has different stuff that. Makes him unique

So what? NPC Rain moves could be his universal moves, only thing they need to do (special moves wise) is add 2 moves per variation and that's it.

p.W

If I was NRS, and I already made the decision not to put Rain into the game on the main roster, I would absolutely, positively not sell him as DLC. Not in a million years. Not unless there are 3 DLC packs at least.

The potential negative publicity NRS could get from "exploiting" Rain fans for multiple games in a row, by putting an apparently popular character permanently behind a pay wall, is too big a risk, IMO.

p.W

If you want to know if they're returning or new (not who they are):
Spoiler:
They're returning characters.

TY for understanding that, at least in this thread, hidden spoilers should come with explanations as to what they're spoiling.

Cryo

And if someone wants to know who they are, they are:
Spoiler:
Liu Kang and Kitana

they became the:
Spoiler:
Rulers of the Netherrealm