Official "Spoiler Questions & Clues" Thread

Cryo

Oh, wow. That's really surprising. I mean the Fujin part, not the other part. The other part I expected.

Spoiler:
On the upside, this gives Kittelsen pretty much free reign to do with Fujin as he pleases in the comic. Could lead to some cool stories.

Here are a couple of questions.

Which characters are surprisingly well-treated by MKX's story? (Could be they're 10/10, could be that they're 5/10 but you were expecting 1/10, e.g. Reptile)

Which characters are surprisingly lame in the story? (Could be they're 1/10, or just disappointing based on you having higher expectations) (No Revenants pls)

I haven't seen any videos yet I've read a lot and this is what I can say.

Characters with important roles in the story (Very very minor details, nothing spoilerish though)
Spoiler:
Kotal as the emperor and ruler is badass.
D'Vorah is amazing and really important story wise, she has 3 very memorable acts.
Cassie has the lead role.
Tanya has some importance even more than many playable chars.
Shinnok for obvious reasons.
Subbie and Scorpion have a really nice mission together.

Chars with low participation or none at all
Spoiler:
Erron, Ermac, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, Jacqui.

MK-TREMOR

Spoiler:
No.

Optional:

Spoiler:
He was royally ****ed over, along with Tanya and Rain. Fujin is literally only in the first chapter, then never mentioned again.

Spoiler:
Well that's a damn shame. They seemed to have put in a lot of effort in his new design. His voice actor was top notch as well. I think I feel bad for Fujin more than I do Rain. I was ok if he didn't get a big role. I heard by accident he atleast got a NPC fight with Kotal Kahn. That's more than what Fujin got. As for Tanya, well she gets to be playable. Here's hoping Fujin becomes our 5th DLC character. Thanks for the info.

mandead

Incidentally, did MK9 have a day-one patch?

I know people already have copies of the game, but is it likely there will be a substantial patch on the 14th?

MK-TREMOR

Any Cyborgs yes or no? I can't help but ask questions haha

Is Reiko and Havik in the story mode at all? Does it mention anything from the comic and their role in there? Yes or no only please.

p.W

I haven't seen any videos yet I've read a lot and this is what I can say.

Characters with important roles in the story (Very very minor details, nothing spoilerish though)
Spoiler:
Kotal as the emperor and ruler is badass.
D'Vorah is amazing and really important story wise, she has 3 very memorable acts.
Cassie has the lead role.
Tanya has some importance even more than many playable chars.
Shinnok for obvious reasons.
Subbie and Scorpion have a really nice mission together.

Chars with low participation or none at all
Spoiler:
Erron, Ermac, Reptile, Ferra/Torr, Jacqui.

Thanks. These kind of teasers make the wait tolerable. Erron and D'Vorah, though... I didn't see that coming. Very interesting.

If anyone else wants to weigh in on who they were very impressed/underwhelmed by, I'll take more answers. :-D

mandead

Kotal Kahn has had more character development and general badassery in this one game (+ comic) than Shao Kahn ever had in twenty years. If NRS are to be applauded for one thing, it is fleshing out this character and making me think he is ****ing awesome. I hope he sticks around as a series regular.

Subz 711

Only thing Im dying to know is this:

Spoiler:
So, I read that Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Kitana are actually never resurrected. So, how were Sub-Zero and Jax brought back then?

EDITED BY TAJ GILL: I clearly said in the first post to put spoilers in tags.

PhantomCyrax

Only thing Im dying to know is this:

Spoiler:
So, I read that Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Kitana are actually never resurrected. So, how were Sub-Zero and Jax brought back then?

Spoiler:
Jax, Scorpion and Sub Zero were nearby when the spell was broken and the other revenants were elsewhere. Its stupid I know.

Taj Gill

This isn't a spoiler so feel free to answer without tags.

Does the word "FIGHT" appear on screen in the later rounds? In the early builds, only Round 2, or Final Round appeared on the screen, and not Fight. Did they fix that for the final build? Getting rid of nostalgic things like that really grinds my gears.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Jion_Wansu

Spoiler:
so, how is it that someone dies if they are already dead? For example, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, And similar characters. I thought Shao Kahn was an immortal since MK2, unless Shao Kahn is now not immortal.

mandead

Spoiler:
so, how is it that someone dies if they are already dead? For example, Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, And similar characters. I thought Shao Kahn was an immortal since MK2, unless Shao Kahn is now not immortal.
Spoiler:
Shao Kahn was destroyed by the Elder Gods, who do not intervene in mortal affairs unless their own strict code of rules is broken. He is dead, and they were (presumably?) the only force capable of killing him.

Who knows, though. It's MK. Nothing is consistent, makes sense, or cannot be re-written or retconned.